• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodriguez to be Suspended Entire 2014 Season

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't find this guy saying his team (the Red Sox) are clean... Basically I believe everyone has used or is using

Be careful, most MLB fans on SportsHoopla start the whole sanctimonious "prove it" nonsense if you have a realistic opinion on PEDs. There were more 'roids concentrated on last year's Cardinals team than the '89 Oakland A's.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, is that guy sickening or what? :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I wish he would just GO AWAY. Tired of hearing this crap over and over. :L

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any evidence been released? I don't see the basis for 162 games when everyone else who did the same thing got 50. He obviously did something, but unless there is credible evidence, I don't see how they can suspend him for more than 50. He'll file an appeal, get an injunction, be on the field April 1, and a judge will reduce or overturn the suspension. Way to go, MLB!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful, most MLB fans on SportsHoopla start the whole sanctimonious "prove it" nonsense if you have a realistic opinion on PEDs. There were more 'roids concentrated on last year's Cardinals team than the '89 Oakland A's.

And to which I will say I don't have to prove it... Just look with your eyes and you will see it! You are right though I will get slammed with the whole "prove it" nonsense.

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rod is an arrogant PRICK. Now he's going to take his case to a Federal Court. This guy is a worthless piece of carp. He knows he GUILTY and upset because he got caught.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What baffles me is every other player (for the most part) takes it and moves on and for the most part people have "forgotten" about them.. Take it like a man A-Rod and MAYBE people will eventually get over it. But to keep on putting on this side show is ridiculous

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees and Yankees fans rejoice!!

So what does this mean money wise for the Yankees?

Because it's not a full calendar year, the Yankees will be charged just under $4 million against the luxury tax, so they save most of the $27.5 million salary he was scheduled to make and the $6 million bonus he would have gotten after his 6th HR of the year for tying Willie Mays.

The road to signing Tanaka is now cleared, and I'm looking forward to reading the conspiracy theories on that aspect of the story. Bottom line is this is a massive victory for the Yankees and I believe Arod has played his last game in New York. When the suspension ends at the end of the year this year, the Yankees will eat the remainder of the contract and give him his outright release. (my opinion)

Good riddance.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
however $500 - won't A-rod also appeal his release? Didn't he say he would do that?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8114524-standard.jpg

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
however $500 - won't A-rod also appeal his release? Didn't he say he would do that?

No MLB player is more delusional than this guy! I saw years ago with that first big contract that as much as he played down money, "he was all about the money!" Anyone who would decide to jump ship to shop his wares during the playoffs is a total a-hole; demanding more than the $252 M he was already signed by the Rangers, then Yankees! He's still in denial; accepts his penalty supposedly, but protests his innocence to this day! He's a pig! Anyone who associates with him should be embarrassed for him and themselves! :omg: :lame: :noidea: :L :gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees make out like the bandits they are, freeing up 25M just in time to buy Tanaka

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete fucking joke that te teams get off scott-free on these suspensions. The Spanks signed a horrendous contract with a guy who was juicing, and when he begins to be a liability, or they need the money to go elsewhere, "POOF", the contact is gone and the darling of the MLB is freed up to sign the "Next-Great-Thing".

Teams should still be responsible for the contracts, but the money should go to a trust that will go to players pensions (or something like that). That way there isn't as much incentive to rail-road big-contract players.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete fucking joke that te teams get off scott-free on these suspensions. The Spanks signed a horrendous contract with a guy who was juicing, and when he begins to be a liability, or they need the money to go elsewhere, "POOF", the contact is gone and the darling of the MLB is freed up to sign the "Next-Great-Thing".

Teams should still be responsible for the contracts, but the money should go to a trust that will go to players pensions (or something like that). That way there isn't as much incentive to rail-road big-contract players.

When the Yankees gave him that contract in 2007 the entire baseball world was unanimous in thinking that Arod was the great hope to bring honor back to the HR record. No one knew a thing at the time, so there is no reason to hold the team accountable other than they're the Yankees and they're hated.

sorry, not good enough.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not simply hating on the Yankees but I agree. Any team for that matter. Whoever signs Cruz, if he winds up getting busted they should still be stuck with the money. If Marlon Byrd got caught again last year the Mets should've been stuck with his salary. If the MLB really wanted to clean up the game they'd hold the teams accountable. As long as there is no liability on their part why should they give a shit?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on salary commitments, the Yankees’ current luxury-tax tab is $151.478 million per the NY Post