• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rockets Vs Lakers Jan 25, 2015

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the usual blow-out. The one good thing is Clarkson is getting major playing time. I won't be back. I am hitting the hay early tonight. Later.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wayne Ellington is the only guy who wants to win this game lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the usual blow-out. The one good thing is Clarkson is getting major playing time. I won't be back. I am hitting the hay early tonight. Later.

Yeah, I heard that Byron has as much as said that the rest of this season is going to be about the young guys and determining who's going to be around for the future.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: That should have been the point all along. Kobe playing at all was a joke. The young will learn and the old disappear. This should have been the blow off season in total.:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: That should have been the point all along. Kobe playing at all was a joke. The young will learn and the old disappear. This should have been the blow off season in total.:nod:

Well, they had to see what Kobe has left (more for next year than this one). It's a shame he got hurt because I think they had finally figured out both the best way to limit his minutes and wear and tear in a season where the Lakers weren't doing anything anyway.

They also seemed to figure out the way he will need to play next year (assuming he doesn't retire) when the Lakers should have more talent around him. He was beginning to distribute the ball more and score more later in games and halves as a "closer" which is what the Lakers will need from him if he is able to play next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right, except you need to tweak the Kobe part. He should have been played, just not as much as he was. Not a single person that watches basketball be it analyst, coach, SportsHoopla poster, whatever thought it was a good idea to play a 36 year old Kobe major minutes (35+) coming off two major injuries. Everyone thought he should play in the 20s or at the very least, start low 20s and ramp up to 30 to 32 mins MAX. Even Kobe thought this. But for some completely dumbass reason that only Byron Scott knows, from day 1, Scott rode him until the wheels fell off . Go figure.