• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RJ Umberger sitting in dimly lit room quietly laughing at his TV

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Ha(lak)bs. Although we sadly wont get the Pitts/Bos series I wanted to see (yet).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Habs go from Caps to Pens.... no easy road there.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quietly?

I imagine that he's at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Lane Avenue dancing on the bar and screaming.

You know, just like always. But now he's screaming "TOLD YA!"

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quietly?

I imagine that he's at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Lane Avenue dancing on the bar and screaming.

You know, just like always. But now he's screaming "TOLD YA!"

I would hope that he is not talking TOO much...considering the fact that he is at home and has been since the playoffs started...

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His team did not make the playoffs, so I would hope that he is worrying about THAT, being that he wears an "A" over there.

So he's not allowed to comment on other teams? It's not like the bj's not making the playoffs was his fault (they can thank their shit goaltending for that). Not saying he should come out in the media today and say "I told you so", but from your point of view, only the Stanley Cup winner should be able to say anything about the other teams/players.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's not allowed to comment on other teams? It's not like the bj's not making the playoffs was his fault (they can thank their shit goaltending for that). Not saying he should come out in the media today and say "I told you so", but from your point of view, only the Stanley Cup winner should be able to say anything about the other teams/players.

I have no problem with what he said. He had every right to say it. I just doubt that he is sitting around laughung today. He is probably pretty bitter about his team being home for the playoffs. THAT is my point. I get that the thread was kind of a joke, I am just saying he has better things to do than say "I Told You So".

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Listening to R.J. on Mark Madden right now...let you know if we get anything good.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“A good defensive team is going to beat them (in the playoffs),” Umberger said. “If you eliminate your turnovers and keep them off the power play, they’re going to get frustrated because they’re in their zone a lot.”

While I give Umberger credit for calling out the Capitals, this is NOT what happened. Washington spent the series around Montreal's net. They had numerous PP chances, and failed. Sure, Montreal played sound defense (when needed), but they also gave up 40-50 shots a game - and these weren't meaningless shots from the outside, they were high quality.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“A good defensive team is going to beat them (in the playoffs),” Umberger said. “If you eliminate your turnovers and keep them off the power play, they’re going to get frustrated because they’re in their zone a lot.”

While I give Umberger credit for calling out the Capitals, this is NOT what happened. Washington spent the series around Montreal's net. They had numerous PP chances, and failed. Sure, Montreal played sound defense (when needed), but they also gave up 40-50 shots a game - and these weren't meaningless shots from the outside, they were high quality.

Well, if it went exactly as Umberger said, it would've made him psychic instead of just smart. In the end, the Canadiens didn't need to keep the Capitals off the powerplay because they had great positional shot-blockers. They also didn't need to keep the Capitals in their own zone, because the Canadiens were better on the rush than creating chances through cycling in the offensive zone.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if it went exactly as Umberger said, it would've made him psychic instead of just smart. In the end, the Canadiens didn't need to keep the Capitals off the powerplay because they had great positional shot-blockers. They also didn't need to keep the Capitals in their own zone, because the Canadiens were better on the rush than creating chances through cycling in the offensive zone.

If Hamberger was psychic, he would have seen the #51 train coming too.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For sure, I just wanted to play devil's advocate. RJ needs to come back to the Orange and Black.