• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivers is making LA a brand (NBA helping)

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammerdown, its truly Magic.
:nod:
Actually, I am not complicated. Sometimes I type from my iphone, sometimes I am at home. The spelling can suffer when I am traveling for sure. Sometimes its that my logic is flawed..............yes even I can have flawed logic...........but it is rare

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I was a nice guy to you tonight!

Now retract that Red A was a racist.............cmon, you can do it.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LogicMan, I smell a rat.

How is it you go from posts that look like they came from a 2nd grader, to well thought-out commentaries with perfect grammar, spelling and punctuation? I asked you this before and you brushed me off. Please answer the question.

thumbdown.gif

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I was a nice guy to you tonight!

Now retract that Red A was a racist.............cmon, you can do it.

Facts is facts, my friend. You can pretend it's not true but you know it is. It was years ago, just admit it and move on.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clippers are very fortunate. Win the draft, get Blake...fall completely into being the winners of the vetoed CP3 trade...and then fall completely into being one of the winners of Boston's rebuilding phase. Say what you will about Doc, but he gave the Clippers a credible leader on and off the court. The best Sterling did(before all of this recent stuff happened), was get out the way and let Doc handle ALL of the basketball decisions. Sad thing is, Sterling got off SCOT FREE on past racial relations, and once the Clippers get close to title contention, he does himself in for good

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts is facts, my friend. You can pretend it's not true but you know it is. It was years ago, just admit it and move on.

I didn't watch basketball back in his time, but I find it strange when people like Logic act surprised over racism in any of the Major league sports back in the 60's or 70's all things considered. Why is that so hard to believe?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer the facts are completely opposite. He was the first to integrate his team and to have a black coach. Most nba historians know this but because you don't seem to ever have facts I feel it mandatory to teach you. I will consider you my student moving forward. You can call me sensei

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, your better than that.:doh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer the facts are completely opposite. He was the first to integrate his team and to have a black coach. Most nba historians know this but because you don't seem to ever have facts I feel it mandatory to teach you. I will consider you my student moving forward. You can call me sensei

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8lUt0Ile00]Sensei John Kreese Highlight - YouTube[/ame]

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, I use to do biathalons and before each race I would play that song..................

I prefer to look less mean tho......................

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I've never even cared enough about the Clippers to watch them hoping they'd lose. I've pretty much treated them as if they didn't exist.

Now, I find myself pulling for them a little just because I hate seeing the players have to deal with this crap.

Agreed.....the dust hasn't settled yet with Doc/Sterling/Clips as this may drag (hope not). Giving props to Doc for how he's handled things cause it sure can't be easy to say the least. As for Red, no doubt about he was a racist. Think there are more owners out there thinking like Sterling?? Absolutely positively.....

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more regular season win than they had last yr and a 2nd rd exit. this guy is a miracle worker. just ask espn

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers has really done a heck of a job in his first year managing the Clippers. He has instilled a fighting mentality, deepened the bench, coached up guys like Jordan and Blake, and maybe most importantly, shown leadership via the ownership fiasco with racism.

Now he is being positioned by the NBA to get some reward on a bigger scale. Hollywood is getting behind the him and the Clippers team, as are NBA players. Doc already well known via the Celtics, is in the midst of orchestrating a rejuvenation from the ashes of Sterling.

Can he make the Clippers a brand that NBA players and others associated with courage, perserverence, anti old NBA thinking ?

Oprah, Magic heck even Kevin want in, as does the league.

What was a bucket of yuck has turned into a goldmine for marketing the teams future.

I am guessing Kia will be begging for the chance to sponsor them when Oprah rejects them.

Seriously, Doc has really been impressive on these issues and preparing this team.

Vinny Del ***** built the Clippers into a contender. Doc is sinking them faster than a San Andreas tsunami. He sucks.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more regular season win than they had last yr and a 2nd rd exit. this guy is a miracle worker. just ask espn

The hype is beyond belief and he bears zero responsibility for the most epic collapse in recent memory.

Why?

Because he coached the Celtics. No other reason. :L

OVER-RATED!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype is beyond belief and he bears zero responsibility for the most epic collapse in recent memory.

Why?

Because he coached the Celtics. No other reason. :L

OVER-RATED!

Let's start calling him "Crock Rivers"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start calling him "Crock Rivers"

I think Rivers is a solid coach- but no doubt the Clippers choked their asses off, however- as long as Rivers/Blake/Paul are there the team will be good. So many teams would kill for that triumvirate.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rivers is a solid coach- but no doubt the Clippers choked their asses off, however- as long as Rivers/Blake/Paul are there the team will be good. So many teams would kill for that triumvirate.

And any decent coach not a liability and not named Doc Rivers would have brought another banner to Staples Center.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 5 pg
top 5 pf
top 5 c

bounced in the second rd again