• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivers is making LA a brand (NBA helping)

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers has really done a heck of a job in his first year managing the Clippers. He has instilled a fighting mentality, deepened the bench, coached up guys like Jordan and Blake, and maybe most importantly, shown leadership via the ownership fiasco with racism.

Now he is being positioned by the NBA to get some reward on a bigger scale. Hollywood is getting behind the him and the Clippers team, as are NBA players. Doc already well known via the Celtics, is in the midst of orchestrating a rejuvenation from the ashes of Sterling.

Can he make the Clippers a brand that NBA players and others associated with courage, perserverence, anti old NBA thinking ?

Oprah, Magic heck even Kevin want in, as does the league.

What was a bucket of yuck has turned into a goldmine for marketing the teams future.

I am guessing Kia will be begging for the chance to sponsor them when Oprah rejects them.

Seriously, Doc has really been impressive on these issues and preparing this team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hold off on Clipper predictions just yet. No one knows what the hell is going on with them. Many legal experts are claiming that at the least, this will be a long drawn out fight that the NBA is likely to lose and others are saying the opposite.

The players seem to be backing off of their "we'll boycott if the Sterlings still own the Clippers next season" stance a little as well. Lebron said that the players don't want any of the Sterling family owning the team, but that they understand it's going to take awhile for it to happen.

I agree, however, that Doc has done a great job managing his team through this. It would have been very easy for this to become a distraction that got them bounced early.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, that the biggest point...........the dude is a rock solid guy and if anyone can right this ship, he looks the part. It could be quite a way to redefine a brand

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, that the biggest point...........the dude is a rock solid guy and if anyone can right this ship, he looks the part. It could be quite a way to redefine a brand

I agree. Doc has said that he is unsure if he will coach this team next year if the Sterlings still own the team. My guess is, that was a little bit of an emotional response and that Doc will step up and continue to do a great job with this team.

Whoever is running the team next year would be very wise to hitch the wagon to Doc and let him lead. I don't know if he can get them to the point where they can truly challenge the Lakers for "who owns L.A.", but I'll bet he can get them in the conversation.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how things that smell so bad can be reimaged to look so good a few weeks later. I can see Doc on the Oprah special already..........................

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how things that smell so bad can be reimaged to look so good a few weeks later. I can see Doc on the Oprah special already..........................

:lol: Very true!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No question that with Vinny Del ***** - the Clippers organization would be 100% screwed. The organization is very fortunate to have Rivers leadership

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers has really done a heck of a job in his first year managing the Clippers. He has instilled a fighting mentality, deepened the bench, coached up guys like Jordan and Blake, and maybe most importantly, shown leadership via the ownership fiasco with racism.

Now he is being positioned by the NBA to get some reward on a bigger scale. Hollywood is getting behind the him and the Clippers team, as are NBA players. Doc already well known via the Celtics, is in the midst of orchestrating a rejuvenation from the ashes of Sterling.

Can he make the Clippers a brand that NBA players and others associated with courage, perserverence, anti old NBA thinking ?

Oprah, Magic heck even Kevin want in, as does the league.

What was a bucket of yuck has turned into a goldmine for marketing the teams future.

I am guessing Kia will be begging for the chance to sponsor them when Oprah rejects them.

Seriously, Doc has really been impressive on these issues and preparing this team.

Why does a Celtic fan care so much about the Clippers? :noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing, however I would have to point out is that if Donald and what's her name Sterling are still owners of the Clippers in November, things could go sour really fast without sponsers. Most of the sponsers have not come back yet and have decided on a wait and see approach because as long as the money is going into Sterling's pocket, they ar patronizing him and that is not acceptable.

On the players side,they can be guaranteed to have 9 players if they pick up the team option on Willie Green. If Davis and Collision opt out and decline their player options and bolt, with no new players coming in, the Clippers could be in trouble. That's where the fans and the players and sponsers can gradually put the screws to the Sterling family and pressure them into selling the team. It just depends on how much resolve everyone has left. Normally when things calm down, and the person apologizes like Sterling has done, the pressure dwindles. It's not over yet though

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing, however I would have to point out is that if Donald and what's her name Sterling are still owners of the Clippers in November, things could go sour really fast without sponsers. Most of the sponsers have not come back yet and have decided on a wait and see approach because as long as the money is going into Sterling's pocket, they ar patronizing him and that is not acceptable.

On the players side,they can be guaranteed to have 9 players if they pick up the team option on Willie Green. If Davis and Collision opt out and decline their player options and bolt, with no new players coming in, the Clippers could be in trouble. That's where the fans and the players and sponsers can gradually put the screws to the Sterling family and pressure them into selling the team. It just depends on how much resolve everyone has left. Normally when things calm down, and the person apologizes like Sterling has done, the pressure dwindles. It's not over yet though

The Clippers have a team that is on the verge of being able to compete for a title. I'd be very surprised if any players of any significance on the current team would want to walk away from that. Especially with the support they have been receiving from fans.

Hell, I've never even cared enough about the Clippers to watch them hoping they'd lose. I've pretty much treated them as if they didn't exist.

Now, I find myself pulling for them a little just because I hate seeing the players have to deal with this crap.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hold off on Clipper predictions just yet. No one knows what the hell is going on with them. Many legal experts are claiming that at the least, this will be a long drawn out fight that the NBA is likely to lose and others are saying the opposite.

The players seem to be backing off of their "we'll boycott if the Sterlings still own the Clippers next season" stance a little as well. Lebron said that the players don't want any of the Sterling family owning the team, but that they understand it's going to take awhile for it to happen.

I agree, however, that Doc has done a great job managing his team through this. It would have been very easy for this to become a distraction that got them bounced early.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does a Celtic fan care so much about the Clippers? :noidea:

LogicMan is just doing his part to make Doc look as overrated as he is because he came from Boston. No other reason.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LogicMan is just doing his part to make Doc look as overrated as he is because he came from Boston. No other reason.

I kind of thought there might be something else at play but you're probably right.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed one of the all-time biggest meltdown to avoid being down 1-3

They are going to have to advance past the 2nd round to suddenly become a "brand" name.

So far Doc has taken a loaded team only marginally further than Vinny Del *****.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still I would trade my coach for Doc Rivers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed one of the all-time biggest meltdown to avoid being down 1-3

They are going to have to advance past the 2nd round to suddenly become a "brand" name.

So far Doc has taken a loaded team only marginally further than Vinny Del *****.

The guy is laughably overrated. Boot him and Sterling both out of the Clippers and upgrade.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many coaches getting fired and so many openings. My guess is as of today Doc is a top 5 coach. We already know veterans like him as a coach. He is a huge asset.

I was hoping out of this mess that the Celtics would benefit from LA falling apart next year and we can use their first rounder at lets say number 15 or so. I dont see that now.

In effect, Sterling has set the course for the NBA to save the Clippers, Doc and these players. With Hollywood also rallying behind this, these Clippers, players and coach are getting admiration.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LogicMan, I smell a rat.

How is it you go from posts that look like they came from a 2nd grader, to well thought-out commentaries with perfect grammar, spelling and punctuation? I asked you this before and you brushed me off. Please answer the question.