• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rising Tide

BHamita

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the saying, "A rising tide lifts all boats". This is my single biggest hope for this year. How much can Russ lift the rest of the team? I think we have all heard the following:

The Bronco receiving core has the potential to be elite.
- As a head to head comparison, you would rate DK Metcalf over Courtland Sutton and Tyler Lockett over Tim Patrick. Even the starting tight end comparison could lean Seattle's way with Gerald Everett vs. Albert O(although, this one is way way closer). So, why are fans so optimistic?

Because...Russell Wilson.

Because...Seattle has been shockingly bad at finding a 3rd or 4th WR. Over the past 4 years, the Seahawk's average receptions breaks down like this:

WR 1 - 78.5 catches
WR 2 - 66 catches
WR 3 - 25.75 catches
TE 1 - 35.75

WR 1? That production certainly seems to match what a healthy Courtland Sutton is capable of producing The question is, can he finally find the end zone consistently?
WR 2? That is slightly above what Tim Patrick has produced thus far but it isn't far off.
WR 3? A half season Jeudy is already significantly more productive but over the course of a full season, he would shatter anything Russ has ever had as a 3rd WR.
TE1? - A healthy Albert O will fly past that 35 catch mark and should equal or surpass Everett's 48 catches. Dulcich is the X Factor here.

I think, for me, that my hope is that Sutton/Patrick/Albert O will come close to matching a DK/Lockett/Everett level of production. The upside for Denver lies in Jeudy and Hamler. It is shocking how poor Seattle has filled that 3rd WR spot and their 4th WR barely exists.

Thoughts?

Who catches the most balls this year?
Who has the most yards?
Who has the most TDs?
Which TE catches more balls?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think with any injury luck at all Wilson's production will increase and spread out. The combination of Hackett and Wilson's
input ought to be an ideal situation for Wilson to pad his stats.

Who catches the most balls this year? Patrick
Who has the most yards? Patrick
Who has the most TDs? Sutton
Which TE catches more balls? Dulcich

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have upgraded talent across the board on offense. Russ is huge. He should indeed lift all boats. The gifts he poses will at layers of fits for opposing offenses. Plus, no more Shurmur. The offense should have enough talent to impose its will. Perhaps it isn’t perfect right out of the box, but we should be strong on defense and at least as strong as last years defense to boot. Special teams appears to be a priority for the staff. It’s going to be fun to watch this year.

Catches most balls? Jeudy

Most yards? Jeudy

Most receiving TDs? Sutton

Most TE catches? Albert

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have upgraded talent across the board on offense. Russ is huge. He should indeed lift all boats. The gifts he poses will at layers of fits for opposing offenses. Plus, no more Shurmur. The offense should have enough talent to impose its will. Perhaps it isn’t perfect right out of the box, but we should be strong on defense and at least as strong as last years defense to boot. Special teams appears to be a priority for the staff. It’s going to be fun to watch this year.

Catches most balls? Jeudy

Most yards? Jeudy

Most TE catches? Albert
I am beginning to wonder about Jeudy. I just am not sure he has it and he may well be injury prone with his long lean body type. I hope I am dead wrong though but won't put him on my list for now.

Balls: Patrick
Yards: Sutton
TD: Sutton
TE: Albert

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catches most balls? LGM.... Ok ok ... Sutton

Most yards? Sutton

Most TE catches? Dulcich

Albert is not dependable with injury. I like him fine... I think Dulcich starts here before long and we use both in a lot of two TE sets. I wasn't the biggest fan of drafting a TE when we took Dulcich but I have adapted and I tend to look at the player and not the position about 3 days after the draft is over... The value was good there and I sometimes ask myself why I didn't want a TE in Rd 3 so what was my issue??? Dulcich!

Don't take these answers as a knock on Jerry Jeudy's development. I nearly put him down for most yards.. But I think Sutton has a monster season and Jeudy has a breakout season and Patrick does what he does.