• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Risers, Fallers, and Re-Ranking after yesterday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Oregon leap ahead of tOSU? NS is a weaker opponent than Buffalo, no? I really could give a shit at this point. It's way too early into the season to blow a gasket. Teams will fall at some point.

I would've never had tOSU at 2 anyways.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've never had tOSU at 2 anyways.

:agree:

Did anyone actually look at what Ohio State did last year? Sure they went 12-0, but if Cal had a kicker, that would have won, Purdue by all rights should have won, Indiana hung 49 points on them, needed OT to beat Wisconsin, only bear MSU by 1 point and Michigan by 5 (at home no less).

Top 15, sure, maybe even top 10, but number 2 (with some first place votes)..........that's a stretch.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Oregon leap ahead of tOSU? NS is a weaker opponent than Buffalo, no? I really could give a shit at this point. It's way too early into the season to blow a gasket. Teams will fall at some point.

Because Oregon looked better than Ohio State :noidea: all we have to base things on is this week, so is handling an awful team better than looking not too great against a less than impressive MAC team? I think people have different opinions about that

Last edited by a moderator:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are all over Ohio State....but what about Texas A&m? they gave up 31 points and and 509 total yards to rice (306 rushing yards!)

why are they not "falling"?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are all over Ohio State....but what about Texas A&m? they gave up 31 points and and 509 total yards to rice (306 rushing yards!)

They'll fail soon enough IMO.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say part of the reason is very few teams really impressed this weekend...

And I know some Oregon fans will jump on talking about their win, but they played a cupcake... so nothing against Oregon, but I am not willing to say how great they are until they start playing some solid teams.

Bama even looked a little "off" on offense.. else I would predict TAMU gets completely blown out next week.

What team who played a solid opponent really looked good? Even Clemson, as much as I was rooting for them showed they have some major holes on D... and UGA's D stunk... so when Clemson plays S. Carolina who has a stout D.. they may be in trouble.

I just have to be honest, I didn't learn much from this weekend about any of the top teams.. were those just 1st week jitters? who knows... even Florida looked pathetic on offense so all homerism aside.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say part of the reason is very few teams really impressed this weekend...

And I know some Oregon fans will jump on talking about their win, but they played a cupcake... so nothing against Oregon, but I am not willing to say how great they are until they start playing some solid teams.

Bama even looked a little "off" on offense.. else I would predict TAMU gets completely blown out next week.

What team who played a solid opponent really looked good? Even Clemson, as much as I was rooting for them showed they have some major holes on D... and UGA's D stunk... so when Clemson plays S. Carolina who has a stout D.. they may be in trouble.

I just have to be honest, I didn't learn much from this weekend about any of the top teams.. were those just 1st week jitters? who knows... even Florida looked pathetic on offense so all homerism aside.

I agree. I'm not sure we really got much from most ranked teams this weekend except questions.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think people look too much into the 1st game of the season

especially when top teams play not so top teams....do you really think Florida, Ohio State, etc is going to open up their whole playbook and show all they got against Toledo or Buffalo unless it's a dire situation?

Obviously there are concerns and questions, but until a formidable opponent is played it's hard to get the answers

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

especially when top teams play not so top teams....do you really think Florida, Ohio State, etc is going to open up their whole playbook and show all they got against Toledo or Buffalo unless it's a dire situation?

Obviously there are concerns and questions, but until a formidable opponent is played it's hard to get the answers

As much as I hate to do it, I completely agree with this Bucknut. Outside of the few big time matchups like Clemson/Georgia, did we really learn anything about anyone? It is a step up from the pre-season b.s, but not by much.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has got to crash the party aleast 18-25 with that performance. They pulled the #19 Broncos pants down on national tv last night.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't speak for OSU, but I can speak as a Florida fan.

Normally I would agree with you, but I heard this same excuse the last 2 years for Florida in the opening couple of games... but then our offense appears to NEVER open up the playbook all season.

So after 2 season of lackluster offense, I can't imagine they would be holding them back headed into the Miami game. It has been 3 years since our offense looked solid, maybe even 4... so I would think the coaches would be doing anything they can to knock the cobwebs off the team and get things moving.

So call me negative, but until Florida proves otherwise... (which they may)... and am skeptical of the offense. If they can't stretch the field, people will load the box and play press on our receivers and we will be in deep shit.

And we may still be a good team... but I am talking contend for a BCS bowl. I just don't see it right now.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Florida doesn't have the horse power to be great on offense. Not a great running team and the receivers are not top flight. In addition, the Offensive line is not that great either...although probably better than last year. Driskel is a young quarterback that will definitely be an NFL player. He has good size, exceptional speed, and an excellent arm. IMO, Florida is a year away from being a really good team. Florida does have excellent speed to the ball on defense which can keep them in any game. Special teams and kicking is also excellent. Even though Georgia lost, they lost away to a team that is a top 5 and contender for the NC and Boyd is one of those quarterbacks who do exceptionally well in college. If/when Georgia tightens up their defense, the rest of the SEC is in big trouble. Right now, IMO, Georgia is a top 5 team; losing a squeaker away to Clemson is no great sin. TAM has no defense and as soon as the rest of the SEC learns to box in Manziel, Tam will be losing some games.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Florida doesn't have the horse power to be great on offense. Not a great running team and the receivers are not top flight. In addition, the Offensive line is not that great either...although probably better than last year. Driskel is a young quarterback that will definitely be an NFL player. He has good size, exceptional speed, and an excellent arm. IMO, Florida is a year away from being a really good team. Florida does have excellent speed to the ball on defense which can keep them in any game. Special teams and kicking is also excellent. Even though Georgia lost, they lost away to a team that is a top 5 and contender for the NC and Boyd is one of those quarterbacks who do exceptionally well in college. If/when Georgia tightens up their defense, the rest of the SEC is in big trouble. Right now, IMO, Georgia is a top 5 team; losing a squeaker away to Clemson is no great sin. TAM has no defense and as soon as the rest of the SEC learns to box in Manziel, Tam will be losing some games.

-
I had Georgia as one of the most over-rated teams in the country based on the preseason polls. Their defense was not particularly good last yr and they lost a ton. I think they are solid, but they have glaring holes on defense. I have not looked at the schedule, but Georgia will be more dangerous late in the yr. Bad yr to have a tough opening game for he dogs

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After further review, the only 2 changes I would make to my poll is to move Clemson down 1, and Florida State up 1. I still stand by my Georgia ranking. Play an early tough game and it is risk/reward. Clemson jumps a good bit from winning, and Georgia drops for losing. Same thing with LSU and TCU.