• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP to the Rivalries we've lost

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well all ya haters (hope your Thanksgiving bird gets stolen by a pack of dogs that rumble through your house 'cause you leave the backdoor open), here's another one you can blame on us: Texas vs Arkansas was a very big rivalry

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread and looking at how teams are currently doing, I almost want to say we can all agree that those teams that realigned should just go back to their former conferences.

With the exception of West Virginia, has any of the teams who left their former conferences benefited and gotten better?
A very underrated, brilliant post.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real shame is what conference alignment did to northeast football. Penn State leaving destroyed a region for football
Yep. Always confused me. At least in Texas, the majority of college talent is in the most populous areas. They have a lot of those in the northeast.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real shame is what conference alignment did to northeast football. Penn State leaving destroyed a region for football
Thats not well known by many a CFB fan these days but 100% correct.

At one time JoPa was nearly begging the BigEast teams to let Penn State in and form an eastern football conference that would have included PSU, Pitt, SU, WVU, VT, Miami, BC.

Pitt and the non football schools put the brakes on that move because Pitt feared the in state competition from PSU for recruits( :pound:it actually would have HELPED the idiots) talk about out of touch.

The BigEast got exactly what it had coming to it a few years later. Even with his flaws, somewhere JoPa is laughing at Pitt’s stupidity, he had the right idea, that would have been a good football conference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t alive for it but the Idaho-Wazzu rivalry was cool cause if Idaho lost in Pullman they had to walk the 8 miles back to cane and vise versa

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fans I have talked to don't like the direction college football has been going over the past 10 years. It already has two strikes against it with the first strike being the death of many of the sport's best rivalries (in the pursuit of money, money, money). The second strike has been the insane scheduling of games at odd times on TV and the delays in announcing starting times just a few days before kickoff which makes it hard to plan/travel if you want to see a game live. The third strike for many fans will be if players start getting paid in addition to all the other benefits they already get on scholarship.

Agree, throw in this “playoff” nonsense thinking that leaving teams out and having controversy is better than having more good games for the fan to enjoy is a good plan means imo CFB could be feeling some similar effects that MLB ‘94, NASCAR have felt in recent history by being out of touch with its fanbase.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, throw in this “playoff” nonsense thinking that leaving teams out and having controversy is better than having more good games for the fan to enjoy is a good plan means imo CFB could be feeling some similar effects that MLB ‘94, NASCAR have felt in recent history by being out of touch with its fanbase.

I am with you. Playoffs have returned bowls back to their original role as exhibitions. Players are passing up in the opportunity to play in bowls for NFL prep. It’s only going to get worst. Might as well except it and move to a larger playoff format

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread and looking at how teams are currently doing, I almost want to say we can all agree that those teams that realigned should just go back to their former conferences.

With the exception of West Virginia, has any of the teams who left their former conferences benefited and gotten better?
Silly duck...getting better doesn't matter. Only MONEY matters now.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of rivalry week lets remember the great ones we no longer have. Heres a few I miss....

Nebraska - Oklahoma
Nebraska - Colorado
Texas - Texas A&M
Kansas - Missouri

None bigger

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b12 ruined the b8 or i should say the SWC ruined the BIG 8

Big 8 and SWC were dead men walking. 2 regional conferences with small footprints in the expanding world of TV.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the flow of time, the fact all things change: YES it's all Texas' fault.

fucking pansies :eek:

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Texas is to blame for all of them.

#notajoke

Texas probably threatened to murder Bobby Dodd unless he pulled GT from the SEC

so they also killed

GT/Alabama
GT/Auburn

:tsk:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 8 and SWC were dead men walking. 2 regional conferences with small footprints in the expanding world of TV.

The moves of Arkansas and South Carolina to the SEC and the Arizona schools to the PAC and the Big adding Penn State along with the merger of the Big 8 and the SWC were thought to be the end of making super conferences.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the SWC was already sunk from cheating the BIG 8 was just fine, the SWC ruined the Big 8 and then the big 12 to where it is now (poo poo)

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the flow of time, the fact all things change: YES it's all Texas' fault.

fucking pansies :eek:

See. Jefe gets it.
That’s why I voted for you as the best poster on tHoop