• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Jerry West

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jerry West dies and this is what the Lakers have done.

And that basic ass statement was like hours after many other teams, players, and people put out condolences.

This fucking franchise man. They will (they fucking better) have more coming but Jerry West is arguably THE greatest Laker ever when you take in totality of his basketball career. You can muster up something more heartfelt than a generic statement. Really looking like they're just proving West right when he said a few years ago of them "they're a shitshow".

Meh, it's fine imo.

I think they'll do something to honor him during the season so fans can be part of it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West is next level. Instead of seeing the Celtics win another championship, dude just said fuck it, let me die.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people didn’t like the way he was portrayed in the show but it made me like him even more. That level of competitiveness is what made him successful.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what more there really is to say in a tweet.

I have no issue with keeping it short.

Now, if they don't do something during the season, THAT would piss me off,

Plenty of people said heartfelt things in a tweet. I've seen stuff from the Warriors, Clippers, Magic, Byron Scott, etc etc. Twitter doesn't have a character limit anymore. Plus, their team issued statement was short and generic also. Michael Jordan doesn't have Twitter and put out a statement that was very touching. Lakers have no excuse. They missed the moment.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of people said heartfelt things in a tweet. I've seen stuff from the Warriors, Clippers, Magic, Byron Scott, etc etc. Twitter doesn't have a character limit anymore. Plus, their team issued statement was short and generic also. Michael Jordan doesn't have Twitter and put out a statement that was very touching. Lakers have no excuse. They missed the moment.

I get it and I saw those too. I'm more a fan of short and to the point which can also be heartfelt. I couldn't care less about "missing a moment".

I thought the Lakers statement was fine as long as they do something in season to honor and acknowledge him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I tend to agree. That was really damn short and pretty fucking generic for a legend.

The one they issued for Kobe was a lot better than West's.

SMH.