• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

right now

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prior to the draft i see us as an 8-8 team .

i like what we have done in FA

the wr corp has been upgraded to perhaps the best potential unit in the nfc east

lavou and mcglynn are pieces to the puzzle on the o/line but more work can be done there . also they are solid guys but i am not sure that individually they are nothing more then avg (which i will take for the cost )

RT is a sore spot and hopefully the draft will target that

on defense we have 2 over 30 stop gaps in ryan clark and merriweather again i will take that but the end can come fast for clark

i like hatcher as well however he is over 30 and the end can come quickly for him

our 2 ilb signing at worst shore up the special teams units but they look to be avg at best ( again i will take that ) as far as starters

so far this off season has been very good . we got a new coach who is a breath of fresh air . the FO appears to be set with allen doing very well with the signings . he went with younger guys (mostly ) and only went after a flashy guy when he fell into our laps

snyder seems to be in the background and letting his football people do their jobs

Rg3 appears to be ready to take a step forward and be healthy

now some things that can speed up the process

1) robinson at ILB finally gets healthy and becomes what we hope he can be

2) Thomas overcomes the lis franc injury and contributes

3) j jenkins lives up to his draft status

4) hankerson comes back from injury and lives up to his status

5) rambo takes a step up

6) b jenkins gets to mix it up in the pass rush

this rating i think will go up as we see what the draft brings to us

right now i see us at 8-8 pending the draft :nod:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even fathom a prediction until I see more on gruden, the scheme, and how some of these new players contribute. Our division sucks. That works in our favor. If all the stars aline, we could win 10. If gruden struggles and rg3 isn't the same or gets injured again, we may only win 5.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM going to pump the breaks here and say lets hold off on any predictions until after we see the draft as well as what other teams in the division do. The Giants have been rather quiet, but Im not ready to count any one out of it just yet.

I will throw this out there as a nugget though. Statistically we were a top ten offense last year without Jackson and with RG3 having what was considered a bad year. If our defense and special teams improve, I think THAT is going to be the real key to success. Chief among those two things is special teams. Thats what really killed us last year.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM going to pump the breaks here and say lets hold off on any predictions until after we see the draft as well as what other teams in the division do. The Giants have been rather quiet, but Im not ready to count any one out of it just yet.

I will throw this out there as a nugget though. Statistically we were a top ten offense last year without Jackson and with RG3 having what was considered a bad year. If our defense and special teams improve, I think THAT is going to be the real key to success. Chief among those two things is special teams. Thats what really killed us last year.

Statistically speaking it has to be impossible to be worse on ST than they were last year. Literally the worst I've ever seen by a long shot!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically speaking it has to be impossible to be worse on ST than they were last year. Literally the worst I've ever seen by a long shot!

Statistically & using any criteria known to man! They lost the first Cowboys game almost entirely due to special teams. I would also like to believe that a Redskins team can run a punt back for more than 3 yards and actually have the offense start drives beyond the 20 yd line.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried very hard to forget how absurd and ridiculous it felt watching our STs last season. Hope to never see anything like that again. We set the bar with new and inventive ways to ST fail, each week a different aspect of choking, truly comical after awhile.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year STs were hurt by the cap penalty. This year Allen and crew have added that kind of depth so the Skins shouldn't have problem again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year STs were hurt by the cap penalty. This year Allen and crew have added that kind of depth so the Skins shouldn't have problem again.

so far so good this off season with FA and special teams . we still need to find a return guy but we have options

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The cap penalty and perhaps the worst ST coach ever in the NFL. That clown was totally out of his league and did nothing to develop anyone on the roster. Good riddance.