• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ridley

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
needs more touches...period! Time for BB to get over what ever is keeping this kid on the sidelines....and when I say more carries, I mean over Blount and Bolden.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Eric. I see why they use Bolden - he's a better passing back (better receiver, better blocker), but I don't get why Blount is on the field ahead of of him.

Ridley is by far the best RB on the team. The only close second would be Shane Vereen, who is obviously a non-factor right now. Blount is bigger and stronger, but Blount needs twice the hole Ridley needs to get through the line. Any run Blount makes, Ridley basically makes the same run plus three or more yards.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is accurate. I think Blount punishes defenses and wears them down and that the differences in all three are enough that teams have to acknowledge all of them to some extent or lose mismatches. Ridley is the guy but not by enough that Blount and bolden on the field don't make the team better. I think when vereen gets back Bolden reverts to a backup role, and Blount keeps touches because he wears teams down.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley came in and turned this game around. Blount and Bolden did nothing till the end. Blount was only successful once Ridley did his thing. No reason at all Ridley should be out touched by Blount.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is accurate. I think Blount punishes defenses and wears them down and that the differences in all three are enough that teams have to acknowledge all of them to some extent or lose mismatches. Ridley is the guy but not by enough that Blount and bolden on the field don't make the team better. I think when vereen gets back Bolden reverts to a backup role, and Blount keeps touches because he wears teams down.

I agree with this. Ridley is the guy, but Blount and Bolden both have their role and should be on the field too. And your right once Vereen is back Bolden wont be getting those receiving touches. I think Vereen out is really hurting our offense.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount didn't have enough touches to wear anyone down. He was only on the field for what, 15 snaps?

Blount runs like a much smaller guy. He's quicker and faster than he should be. He also isn't as punishing as he should be. The problem is, he runs like a decent smaller guy, not a great smaller guy. Ridley hits defenders harder than Blount does, and he's harder to tackle.

The only time I want Blount on the field is when Ridley needs a breather.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just disagree on Blount, particularly being harder to bring down than Ridley. He doesn't need to get more touches to wear on defenses because each guy does it in different ways. I think Blount has made a real contribution to our offense so far and will continue to do so. I actually see vereen as our best RB but I don't view Ridley as as much better than Blount as you do. I want Blount on the field.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley has been getting the majority of the carries. For some reason, Blount got quite a few carries in this game. but the game before he only had one carry. Either way, it doesnt matter. Come playoff time, the run game will be shut down and/or they will just stop trying to run the ball as usual.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healthy scratch today. RIP.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a little faith in Ridley and he will probably get one more chance before BB completely gives up on him. A lot of talent, but just can't hang onto the ball.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley now has a reputation. That means defenders will be trying to tackle the ball more than they worry about him squirting loose. A few good games without a fumble and defenders will concentrate on tackling him while they have the chance.

That said, he did correct it earlier in the year, had some great games, and then reverted.
BB is not going to continue to watch him learn and forget in cycles.....

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley needs to talk to AP. AP had these issues early in his career. AP's fumbles kept them from going to the SB when Favre was there. He has turned it around. Ridley has too much talent to just give up on.

Have you guys already forgotten Maroney? Eek!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had a real QB instead of Favre, especially that Favre, they would have made it. AD still carried that team.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had a real QB instead of Favre, especially that Favre, they would have made it. AD still carried that team.

Please. AD cost them. He fumbled countless times that game.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley needs to talk to AP. AP had these issues early in his career. AP's fumbles kept them from going to the SB when Favre was there. He has turned it around. Ridley has too much talent to just give up on.

Have you guys already forgotten Maroney? Eek!

I agree, but I'm not the one who makes that call and it looks like BB is going to give up on him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please. AD cost them. He fumbled countless times that game.

With Favre and without him they weren't in the discussion for the playoffs. With him without Favre, they become a better team.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP has 30 fumbles in his career but there is no comparison between him and ridley:suds:

BB dont like fumblers Maroney was gone the next year and ridley will be also:suds: