• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rich Rod, Graham and Anderson

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will all be looking for new jobs come December. Coaching turnover in the Pac12 coming soon

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Anderson will get one more year after this. Graham and Rich Rod are gone if they have seasons like I think they'll have(3/4 win seasons)

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Anderson will get one more year after this. Graham and Rich Rod are gone if they have seasons like I think they'll have(3/4 win seasons)
Nice Avi, but Graham was at 4 different schools in 4 years. Knew it was a major mistake for ASU to give him a major extension based off of one win against USC (a team which fired their coach at the airport the same day). Does your coach beating one who is about to be fired really an extension worthy accomplishment?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Rod and Graham sure, but Anderson is not nearly as likely to go even if they didn't win another game all year. I think they upped his contract last year and they will end up riding it out because they don't have the kind of budget to throw away on sending him packing.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside lookin in Arizona/ Arizona State look like pretty good gigs for the right coach. Oregon state needs to hang in there and tough it out. tough place to get a good coach that wants to be there iyam.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Avi, but Graham was at 4 different schools in 4 years. Knew it was a major mistake for ASU to give him a major extension based off of one win against USC (a team which fired their coach at the airport the same day). Does your coach beating one who is about to be fired really an extension worthy accomplishment?
Ill always at least LIKE Graham because of how he screwed Pitt :dhd:. Cant blame a guy for going out there from Pitt ASAP.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham's strategy doesn't work as well when there's no surprise to it. The longer he's in a league, the less tricks he has up his sleeve and the less the blitz happy scheme sneaks up on anyone. Player development has been a big problem, too. They were alright at it at first, but the last few years basically no one has stepped up. You either came in ready to play or you never do shit at ASU.

He also let his friends stay too long. One destroyed the offensive line, the other destroyed the defense.

All that being said, if Graham learns from this and gets rid of his baggage on the next stop, whereever that may be, I still think he can be a pretty good coach. He just needs to be a lot more flexible and quicker to learn from and identify mistakes. He's still the same guy who squeezed back to back 10 win seasons out of a team with maybe a half dozen pro players.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin to one of the AZ schools would be interesting iyam. I don't like him in the SEC but he might be a better fit in the PAC or Big12.

Brent Venables might get a mention or two for one or both them gigs too

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin to one of the AZ schools would be interesting iyam. I don't like him in the SEC but he might be a better fit in the PAC or Big12.

Brent Venables might get a mention or two for one or both them gigs too

I'll be surprised and disappointed if ASU doesn't go after someone with a defensive track record. They will also need someone with SoCal connections more than likely since they just completely blanked on CA recruiting. The old pipelines are broken and someone will need to fix them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave Aranda got a long, hard look.

Last edited: