• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RICE AND HARVIN ARE AWESOME

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day we signed Rice, i was wrong when i predicted that he would get injured before his first season with us even started and that the signing would be a huge failure.

All of the people from the ESPN board who called me an idiot for saying the Rice signing was a huge mistake, i was wrong and you were right. His time here in Seattle was full of success. The money was well spent.

The signing was an overwhelming success and i failed hard when i said the Rice signing was a huge mistake.

I was also wrong about saying the Harvin trade and contract was a huge mistake on the day we made the deal.

I was wrong to predict that Harvin would have injury problems in Seattle like he also did in Minny.

I was wrong to predict that Harvin would not have a positive impact on Seattle and that the deal was a colossal mistake.

All of you guys who cheered both of those signings were right and i was wrong.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good. Briwas is here. Is it ok to ban our own trolls, Harold?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good. Briwas is here. Is it ok to ban our own trolls, Harold?

EjacuAsian(increase number with every ESPN banning) has arrived as well. Coincidence? Probably not. :rollseyes:

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Crywas has lost his fuckin mind. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Meltdown in progress. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy this. :pop2:

Last edited by a moderator:

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey wait now, briwas was the guy who was doing calculus equations flawlessly in his head bored to tears while his fellow classmates were struggling to figure out what 7x8 was because the carbon dioxide coming out of their mouths was fogging up the lenses of their calculators.

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have to turn every thread into a way to get attention for yourself? Do you have that little going on for you in your life? This is a place to talk football and bs, can you quit making desperate posts to get a rise out of people already?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day we signed Rice, i was wrong when i predicted that he would get injured before his first season with us even started and that the signing would be a huge failure.

All of the people from the ESPN board who called me an idiot for saying the Rice signing was a huge mistake, i was wrong and you were right. His time here in Seattle was full of success. The money was well spent.

The signing was an overwhelming success and i failed hard when i said the Rice signing was a huge mistake.

I was also wrong about saying the Harvin trade and contract was a huge mistake on the day we made the deal.

I was wrong to predict that Harvin would have injury problems in Seattle like he also did in Minny.

I was wrong to predict that Harvin would not have a positive impact on Seattle and that the deal was a colossal mistake.

Who cares? Did the Rice signing prevent us from signing anyone else? NO!
Paul Allen is a multibillionaire, why do you care how he spends his money? Rice's contract didn't mess up our cap and cause us to lose a single player or prevent us from signing anyone else we wanted to sign so why do care how much he cost?

He was worth gambling on because WE COULD AFFORD TO MAKE THAT GAMBLE! He didn't perform as well as anyone would have liked, that's true. Oh well! We'll cut him loose and move on. It's hardly a "huge mistake", it was a gamble and it didn't work out. Whoopdy Doo! It's not like signing Rice caused us to lose Lynch, Wilson and Sherman.

Paul Allen and his billions are doing just fine. I'm not sure why you're so worried about his money.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has any signing been a huge success from Minnesota? To be honest, I wonder why we keep doing it.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same goes for the Matt Flynn signing. We shelled out good money to get him here, he didn't work out so we sent him packing. After all's said and done our core roster is still intact and our owner still has more money than God. Why would anyone take an issue with our FO taking chances that we can well afford to make?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

The team is 7-1 and shouldnt miss Rice much at all.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice wasn't outstanding last year, but he was still decent. Especially considering the offense never was really allowed to get going until half way through the year and he still had 740 yards and 7 TDs, including some very crucial TDs like the one in the N.E. game. This year none of our receivers have done anything especially notable so I'm not willing to say it's Rice's fault. I blame our O-line for not allowing Wilson any time to let plays develop and get the ball downfield more than anything.

We still don't know how valuable Harvin will or won't be. His torn labrum was a setback but for all we know he could come back and play lights out for the next 4 years. I'll reserve judgement on Harvin until after he's suited up for a few games at least.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice wasn't outstanding last year, but he was still decent. Especially considering the offense never was really allowed to get going until half way through the year and he still had 740 yards and 7 TDs, including some very crucial TDs like the one in the N.E. game. This year none of our receivers have done anything especially notable so I'm not willing to say it's Rice's fault. I blame our O-line for not allowing Wilson any time to let plays develop and get the ball downfield more than anything.

We still don't know how valuable Harvin will or won't be. His torn labrum was a setback but for all we know he could come back and play lights out for the next 4 years. I'll reserve judgement on Harvin until after he's suited up for a few games at least.

:agree:Rice wasn't great but it's not like he stunk up the joint. I've seen a lot worse.

The jury's still out on the Harvin deal. If he starts every season on the PUP list then goes down after two games it'll be a bust and we'll cut our losses and move on. If he comes roaring out of the gate and steamrolls opponents throughout the playoffs every year then it will be a great deal. We don't know yet but there again, it's a gamble we can afford to make right now.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice did make some spectacular side-line catches in some critical times… I like the guy overall and thought he did good here… Love his game winner vs the Patriots MAN he poured on the speed that I didn't think he had on that play… Rice did us well and whether he comes back next year or not I tip my hat to the guy…..

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EjacuAsian(increase number with every ESPN banning) has arrived as well. Coincidence? Probably not. :rollseyes:

Grow up, kid. I don't troll anymore. People change. I am on here for positive banter. None of that nonsense anymore from my old days.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice did make some spectacular side-line catches in some critical times… I like the guy overall and thought he did good here… Love his game winner vs the Patriots MAN he poured on the speed that I didn't think he had on that play… Rice did us well and whether he comes back next year or not I tip my hat to the guy…..

Ya, and how about that game winning TD in Chicago where he got knocked unconscious milli-seconds after crossing the goal line? That was the TD that started the Seahawks on the winning path ever since.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never wish an injury upon anyone, but losing Rice for the remainder of the season could turn out well for us after all. Baldwin and Kearse will be getting the majority of Rice's targets and they have both made some spectacular catches this season. At this point in his career, Rice was just a decoy and not much of a deep threat anymore. I think this injury pretty much guarantees that Rice will be cut after this season or be forced to take a massive pay cut. We will see what happens, but I am extremely excited to see Baldwin and Kearse get more game time and opportunities to make plays. Also, I can't wait until Harvin comes back and adds that game-breaking dimension to our offense. We will be fine without Sidney Rice.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing is rice got most of the money upfront. He'll only count about 2 mil max in dead money next year if we cut him. Cap-wise, we aren't going to get nailed by the last year of his deal.

Given the timing of this and his obvious issues with his hips and knees which will mean a longer than minimum rehab, he's done as a Seahawk.

Wasn't worth the money, but not a disaster either. Wish it would of worked out better, but so be it. FA moves are always a dice roll with few guarantees.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Nice call briwas101. I remember when Rice was signed; he was one of the only good WRs out there in FA. I actually thought it was a good move...

You never know how a player's gonna do after a huge contract (see Albert Haynesworth). I actually had a similar opinion when the 49ers were rumoured to be pursuing Nnamdi Asomugha (thank God the Eagles fell on that grenade instead). I was like, "How often does someone threw big money at a FA CB after the age of 29 & up and it worked out well? Seems like paying big money for a free agent WR or CB usually isn't worth it.