• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricardo Lockette

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time for Lockette to have a bigger role on the offense. In the game against Denver ( and SD for that matter ) you can see just how physical he is as a WR. He is a monster out there to handle one on one because he is just so strong and if the ball is thrown bad he will kill the CB before they can even think about getting a INT.

I think Lockette is there now, i think it is time for him to be in the line-up more often. Lockette/Kearse/Baldwin should be our top 3. Lockette is a bad match-up for anyone against him. Too fast for a LB and to physical and big for a DB. WHAT SAY YOU 12's?!?!?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time for Lockette to have a bigger role on the offense. In the game against Denver ( and SD for that matter ) you can see just how physical he is as a WR. He is a monster out there to handle one on one because he is just so strong and if the ball is thrown bad he will kill the CB before they can even think about getting a INT.

I think Lockette is there now, i think it is time for him to be in the line-up more often. Lockette/Kearse/Baldwin should be our top 3. Lockette is a bad match-up for anyone against him. Too fast for a LB and to physical and big for a DB. WHAT SAY YOU 12's?!?!?

Explain how Percy isn't in your top 3? :noidea:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is always on the field. RB/WR so thats a no brainer lol

If you want it explained better then how about this. Kearse/Lockette and Harvin when he lines up as a WR in a 3 wr set and Kearse/Baldwin/lockette and harvin when he lines up as a RB

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lockette adds a physicality this receiving core lacks ( other than Kearse ) Oh and lets not forget. Our WR's have 2 total TD this season. That's not good, Lockette has both.

I think Lockette the Rocket is about to launch, It's the final countdown for him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOMETHING needs to happen with this WR corps lockette had a nice grab against denver but that TD against green bay was more because of trickery the corner left lockette to go after wilson and ha ha dixon the rookie safety made a lousy tackle attempt. kearse/baldwin have been almost nonexistant with no TDs in any of these games this whole offense is revolved around lynch, wilson, and harvin running their trick plays, and the rest of the WRs only there to convert 3rd down. This passing game is going to be ranked in the bottom 10 of the NFL if we dont get our act together...that second half of that denver game was AWFUL

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette has wheels too. I remember week 17 in 2011, Tarvaris threw a deep ball (like he had so many times before but he overthrew damn near every one of them) and Lockette was able to race down the field and haul it in for a TD, which tied the game if memory serves. I'm all for Lockette getting more playing time.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Lockette getting more shots.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm envisioning a Harvin Jet sweep but tossed to Lockette in the other direction once teams look like they're starting to anticipate that play.

Could be huge

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm envisioning a Harvin Jet sweep but tossed to Lockette in the other direction once teams look like they're starting to anticipate that play.

Could be huge

Did anyone else notice that once Denver started ignoring Harvin on the fake sweep, the Seahawks never actually gave it to him. I would've sworn that as soon as they started ignoring it, they'd burn them with it, but they didn't. In the end, it just tipped the D off that they were handing it to Lynch - which in part is why the running game was so useless most of the second half.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else notice that once Denver started ignoring Harvin on the fake sweep, the Seahawks never actually gave it to him. I would've sworn that as soon as they started ignoring it, they'd burn them with it, but they didn't. In the end, it just tipped the D off that they were handing it to Lynch - which in part is why the running game was so useless most of the second half.

Yeah I was surprised that they faked the jet sweep so often and didn't actually use it, especially when it became evident that Denver's D wasn't buying it anymore and going after Lynch. I think there are only so many times you can fake something before the other team catches on that you're not actually going to do it. Even one or two jet sweeps in place of the fakes could have been enough to either get them to back off on Lynch/follow Harvin or to catch them off-guard enough for those sweeps to work.

Harvin makes for a good decoy, but he's a better decoy when he's gotten the ball a few times. I know they threw some successful passes his way and missed on some other attempts, so they weren't totally avoiding him, but they overdid the decoy aspect of his game in my opinion. Hopefully Washington looks at a lot of tape of the Denver game and attacks the offense the way that Denver did in the second half and the Hawks run some jet sweeps right past them. If that happens, it should not only result in some good gains by Harvin, but force Washington's D to account for the jet sweep and allow for the Hawks to fake it a few times to open up some holes for Lynch.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. In the second half, every time Harvin went on that motion, the second the ball was snapped, the entire D (except corners) crashed the middle of the line giving Lynch (and once Turbin) nowhere to run. Fakes only work if the other team thinks there's actually a chance you're gonna go through with it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Seahawks.com they did a article on Lockette. Guess there are more than just a few of us that believe his role needs to expand.

Also on Harvin on the Jet sweep. I think he is a little banged up after that hit he took in SD so they went away from it a little more than they would have had he been 100%.