• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you must be new...

Justice all year would be RG3 at the top of his game, the skins board will be beside themselves.
its a preseason game he played well

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a preseason game he played well
sure...preseason is well understood

Is it me or is the point this thread ended up here? My money wasn't on you as the one who moved it here, but I guess anything is possible when it comes to most redskin fans and their complexes.

No issue with you dad, you've always appeared as the level headed one over there. All the Best!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure...preseason is well understood

Is it me or is the point this thread ended up here? My money wasn't on you as the one who moved it here, but I guess anything is possible when it comes to most redskin fans and their complexes.

No issue with you dad, you've always appeared as the level headed one over there. All the Best!

i didnt move it . i wouldnt move it to another board that is way too intrusive .

hopefully its gets moved back to where it belongs

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of responses from Browns fans shows this thread does not belong here. Sorry guys, we had an overzealous mod on the Redskins board.

Gotta say I was surprised at his early success. Sure it's preseason but his poor play last preseason was the final nail in the coffin DC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of responses from Browns fans shows this thread does not belong here. Sorry guys, we had an overzealous mod on the Redskins board.

Gotta say I was surprised at his early success. Sure it's preseason but his poor play last preseason was the final nail in the coffin DC.

I watched the starters for most of this one vs ATL...throwing in the normal it was only preseason caveats...RG3 looked about as good as he ever has in terms of playing his game.

Early on you can see what Hue has been preaching...the OFC is not about you running the ball, but if it's there take it, and if you do take it...don't take a hit.

If he continues of this path, I think RG3 will revive his career in CLE, the talent (arm/legs are still there) getting the main pc (his head) pieced back together is Hue's challenge...they don't have enough on DEF to win many games.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the starters for most of this one vs ATL...throwing in the normal it was only preseason caveats...RG3 looked about as good as he ever has in terms of playing his game.

Early on you can see what Hue has been preaching...the OFC is not about you running the ball, but if it's there take it, and if you do take it...don't take a hit.

If he continues of this path, I think RG3 will revive his career in CLE, the talent (arm/legs are still there) getting the main pc (his head) pieced back together is Hue's challenge...they don't have enough on DEF to win many games.

As one of his last defenders what gave me hope was his ability to throw the ball. He was very accurate, especially on deep balls, and has a strong arm with a quick release. His problem in DC was absolutely no pocket presence and his inability, or unwillingness, to throw to open receivers. There were staggering pics of 5 open receivers as he held the ball before taking a needless sack, often running right into the defensive end. Now learning to throw on time can be learned but can pocket presence?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i do not get your indignation of moving a thread that you had never posted in before i bumped it on Thursday

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt move it . i wouldnt move it to another board that is way too intrusive .

hopefully its gets moved back to where it belongs
never been your style dad.

laughing all the same and still think you never needed the help.
It remain what it is.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one of his last defenders what gave me hope was his ability to throw the ball. He was very accurate, especially on deep balls, and has a strong arm with a quick release. His problem in DC was absolutely no pocket presence and his inability, or unwillingness, to throw to open receivers. There were staggering pics of 5 open receivers as he held the ball before taking a needless sack, often running right into the defensive end. Now learning to throw on time can be learned but can pocket presence?

The scouts knew he could run and throw, but I think that was one of his biggest needs coming into the league...learning how to operate from the pocket...Not his rookie yr, but I think there was a point in WAS where he was trying to get there. Mentally he was still a run first QB...considering he probably never had to do it in HS or college, he was trying to learning it while completing at the highest level of the game vs the best DEFs...it was going to take more time than he got in WAS...at the same time you can't blame the coaches who were on hot seats themselves...they didn't have the time to teach him.

My thoughts...it takes any college QB 3+ yrs of starting to learn all the intricacies of the NFL game...tack on 2 to 3 more for a spread QB...if you don't want to invest that kind of time...don't draft a spread QB...what made RW different imo...he understood early on...at this level, the QB's job is not to be the playmaker, it's to get the ball to the playmakers.

We'll see how the Clemson kid does, but I expect the same kind of learning curve.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt I would ever be in favor of drafting a spread offense QB. Just too many can't make the transition, like nearly all of them.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns board had a mod, would he punt this back? I understand 3 is now a Brown but Tha majority of this thread was before he that.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#HTTR

2012 was a magical year. The stunning comeback vs Minnesota ... the 4 TD in one quarter vs Dallas on Thanksgiving, the NFC East Champions ... hell, I even "Griffened" on my wedding day on Sept 15 of that year.

for anyone under the age 30, who wasn't around for the glory days, 2012 might just have been the most exciting season they've ever had as a Redskins fan.

For that, we thank you Robert Griffin III.

I hope nothing but the best for him in the future.