• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 needs to stfu

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erm, one idiot comment doesn't represent the man...

True. But I felt he should have been fired after the season. Not for any comments, but because of the dumpster fire that went on under his watch last year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But I felt he should have been fired after the season. Not for any comments, but because of the dumpster fire that went on under his watch last year.

?? Allen was basically handling non-personnel moves prior to this season. How would that make him responsible for the product on the field? Shanahan was not only the coach - he was also the primary person responsible for personnel moves (i.e. the GM in a football sense). You also have to remember that the Redskins were severely handcuffed due to salary cap sanctions for the previous two seasons.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - if you are referring to the rift between Shanahan & RG3 that mainly falls on Snyder. He was the only one who could have handled that one - most likely by dumping Shanahan much earlier. No way Bruce Allen can make that move on his own.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? Allen was basically handling non-personnel moves prior to this season. How would that make him responsible for the product on the field? Shanahan was not only the coach - he was also the primary person responsible for personnel moves (i.e. the GM in a football sense). You also have to remember that the Redskins were severely handcuffed due to salary cap sanctions for the previous two seasons.

Those sanctions were because of violations that also occurred under his watch.

As far as personel, I know that Shanny had a role similar to Carroll as far as control in building the team, but I dont buy that the GM had little to do with it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those sanctions were because of violations that also occurred under his watch.

As far as personel, I know that Shanny had a role similar to Carroll as far as control in building the team, but I dont buy that the GM had little to do with it.

You mean that bull shit cap penalty that was revoked by the courts earlier this year...too late to compensate the skins and cowboys for that penalty???? That one???? For a perfectly legit dumping of a Fat Albert contract in a non cap year... That one???? The 'wink wink' collusion by the NFL and MARA in particular????

Yeah, I feel pretty strong about a 36$ million dollar hit, how'd you like to try and pay YOUR team with an 18$ dollar hit for 2 years handed down the NIGHT before free agency, ham stringing your team from placing the right pieces around it's new rookie QB???? Making it impossible to have any depth...

And yes, SHANNY had total control over personnel decisions and the team. Dude was a control freak who handled his 4th year incredibly poorly and is still taking shots at the Redskins franchise. I don't blame him for a lot of things but ego and how he handled the train wreck of a season last year is in large part due to him. He's was the coach and the adult in the situation.