• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 #4 on Dan Graziano's top NFC east players list

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dez is the top WR in the East, but still interested to see what a health Nicks can do in NY. He has the tools, and with Cruz drawing top defenders he could have a good year. Maclin is a beast as well, but hurt. DJax is better than he let on last year, having a QB that could throw would help him as well. As for our hosts WR's, I thnk Garcon has the size an speed but just needs another good season to show he's a legit #1. I've never been too impressed with Morgan, but he is a solid #2.

While I think Garcon is a true #1, he has to prove it for a full season before he can be mentioned in the elite of the NFCE. Garcon will never have the numbers that the others do because we run the ball so much and RG3 spreads the ball around pretty evenly. But I expect when you look at stats like YPC and yards after catch, he will be near the top.

Dez is the best in the NFCE today with Nicks having a shot if healthy. Jackson is a deep threat, but disappears in some games.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dez is the top WR in the East, but still interested to see what a health Nicks can do in NY. He has the tools, and with Cruz drawing top defenders he could have a good year. Maclin is a beast as well, but hurt. DJax is better than he let on last year, having a QB that could throw would help him as well. As for our hosts WR's, I thnk Garcon has the size an speed but just needs another good season to show he's a legit #1. I've never been too impressed with Morgan, but he is a solid #2.

When D Jackson has his head right and QB that can get him the ball, he's a scary little dude

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When D Jackson has his head right and QB that can get him the ball, he's a scary little dude

Interested to see how he is used this year. With Kelley basically given a free pass this year and expectations to turn the league on its ear, I'd imagine we will see a lot of reverses and even DJax lining up in the backfield. Maybe a wishbone lineup. That would throw some defenses for a loop. Vick in shotgun, flanked by McCoy and DJax. That would suck.

gtn130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These NFL player rankings are so flawed and meaningless. In order for them to make any sense you have to pretend that QBs don't matter 100x more than any other position.

1-3 for the NFC East are RG3, Eli and Romo in whatever order. Thinking that Dez or Ware could ever have the level of impact on the game that those players have is delusional.

IMO QBs should be treated the way pitchers are in MLB -- having a separate MVP award and sort of contained in their own category.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These NFL player rankings are so flawed and meaningless. In order for them to make any sense you have to pretend that QBs don't matter 100x more than any other position.

1-3 for the NFC East are RG3, Eli and Romo in whatever order. Thinking that Dez or Ware could ever have the level of impact on the game that those players have is delusional.

IMO QBs should be treated the way pitchers are in MLB -- having a separate MVP award and sort of contained in their own category.

While generally true, not always the case. There have been defenses that have won SB's in spite of their average QB play. There have been QB's that while good have no line in front of them or WR/TE to catch the ball.

Also, how about RB's? You don't need a good QB to be a kickass RB. Sure it will help if defenses have to respect the pass, but Barry ran with Peete and Scott Mitchell. I don't remember them being stud QB's.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ii think dez is easily the best wr in the nfc east . maybe cruz can push him

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While generally true, not always the case. There have been defenses that have won SB's in spite of their average QB play. There have been QB's that while good have no line in front of them or WR/TE to catch the ball.

Also, how about RB's? You don't need a good QB to be a kickass RB. Sure it will help if defenses have to respect the pass, but Barry ran with Peete and Scott Mitchell. I don't remember them being stud QB's.

Sure - there are exceptions, but they are extremely rare. Let's confine this to where it really matters - wins & championships. The last four champions were the Ravens, Giants, Packers & Saints & I don't think anyone is going to dispute the fact that the QBs for each of those teams was the MVP for their team especially in the playoffs.

For every Ravens SB winner with Dilfer or Bucs with B. Johnson there are 10x more SB teams led by the QBs. Look at your Barry Sanders example - what did his team ever win? Same with guys like Larry Fitzgerald (except for the years when he had an actual QB in Warner).

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see how he is used this year. With Kelley basically given a free pass this year and expectations to turn the league on its ear, I'd imagine we will see a lot of reverses and even DJax lining up in the backfield. Maybe a wishbone lineup. That would throw some defenses for a loop. Vick in shotgun, flanked by McCoy and DJax. That would suck.

The kid I would add to that mix is Bryce Brown. If Vick can master Kelly's Offense, there could be some interesting point totals going up in Philly

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid I would add to that mix is Bryce Brown. If Vick can master Kelly's Offense, there could be some interesting point totals going up in Philly

Yup got him late in all my drafts. His issue is butterfingers. If he can hang on to the ball, he will be a player.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick hasn't mastered any offense in his career and I can't imagine him mastering this one anytime soon.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick hasn't mastered any offense in his career and I can't imagine him mastering this one anytime soon.

You're right, I'm just hoping this isn't the offense that really unleashes him. Even though his legs aren't what they once were, a DL or LB isn't going to catch him if he takes off. With speed guys like McCoy, Jackson and Brown, they are gonna bust some big plays. Luckily, there defense sucks