• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

return of the bust league

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are pass attempts, receptions, rush attempts positives?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are pass attempts, receptions, rush attempts positives?

a few reasons...

1. its a balancing act... I don't want the team with the most injuries to win... just because they have the most injuries... Yards and TDS will both give a huge advantage to the team who plays the least games...

2. both receptions and attempts are +.5 weighted... that is less than the -1 for Yds and TDs.... but if a team can get be ranked well in both, that would mean they are the bigger bust...

3. passing attempts is +1 not +.5 because of garbage time... I am rewarding for the potential of Garbage time...

but really its all cosmetic... I think it works... but I am known to be wrong A LOT!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few reasons...

1. its a balancing act... I don't want the team with the most injuries to win... just because they have the most injuries... Yards and TDS will both give a huge advantage to the team who plays the least games...

2. both receptions and attempts are +.5 weighted... that is less than the -1 for Yds and TDs.... but if a team can get be ranked well in both, that would mean they are the bigger bust...

3. passing attempts is +1 not +.5 because of garbage time... I am rewarding for the potential of Garbage time...

but really its all cosmetic... I think it works... but I am known to be wrong A LOT!!!
Why r we balancing trying to suck? If you want negatives, guys getting attempts
And throwing passes arent good for
Your team. That usually results in points.

So to clarify throwing is good ,yards are bad so it evens out? But we want negative points so we pray for tons of yards but low pass attemptsto negate any positives?

Boom Reaction GIF by Regal

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why r we balancing trying to suck? If you want negatives, guys getting attempts
And throwing passes arent good for
Your team. That usually results in points.

So to clarify throwing is good ,yards are bad so it evens out? But we want negative points so we pray for tons of yards but low pass attemptsto negate any positives?

Boom Reaction GIF by Regal

we will talk about potentially changing things once people get in... i want to be talking to the right people.... LOL...

But i think it works as is.... But this is a new format, there may be better ways to optimize the league...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will talk about potentially changing things once people get in... i want to be talking to the right people.... LOL...

But i think it works as is.... But this is a new format, there may be better ways to optimize the league...
Fair enough. Since I don't understand it as is. I'm clearly not the right person lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Since I don't understand it as is. I'm clearly not the right person lol

not what i meant...LOL...

But you said you are in... so you will have a voice!!!

just meant that i will probably have to start a new thread just to ungunk things up... and i want to wait until we have the owners committed before we talk about the actual rules that may need changing...

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not what i meant...LOL...

But you said you are in... so you will have a voice!!!

just meant that i will probably have to start a new thread just to ungunk things up... and i want to wait until we have the owners committed before we talk about the actual rules that may need changing...

Still got space?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd better decide the scoring quick, then.

you in???

if you are click on the link on post #43, it will get you into the league...

take a look at the scoring... i think it will work well for our purposes... but i may be overthinking some things...

@SteelersPride questioned the positive points...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you in???

if you are click on the link on post #43, it will get you into the league...

take a look at the scoring... i think it will work well for our purposes... but i may be overthinking some things...

@SteelersPride questioned the positive points...
I see - you're trying to add to the value of a guy who sucks because he's ineffective, rather than because he's injured.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see - you're trying to add to the value of a guy who sucks because he's ineffective, rather than because he's injured.
both...

Injuries are still going to be king... as Yards and TDs are still heavily advantaged on players who dont play... But to even that out a little... or basically call it the tie breaker.... there are 4 categories(2 count as half categories) that will give the advantage to the team who was most active....

thats at least the idea... and its rotisserie, isnt the point of rotisserie to measure and rank the whole picture??

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at the scoring, but just want to clarify to make sure I'm fully understanding..

You want the most points, that's how you win. BUT you get negative points for good things happening, therefore, making the better players less valuable.

However, you want somebody that actually plays because they will accumulate points by "doing things" just not enough to be "good"

Do I have this right?