• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Resilience of the New England Patriots

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The resilience the team has shown is admirable. Many will say we could be 2-6 or maybe 3-5. Whatever, the reality is our team is 6-2 against all odds after highly questionable play-calling in critical situations; a myriad of rookies starting on both O and D; the loss of key players and Tom Brady playing with a throwing hand that looks like he punched a wall or something after the Jets game :)

The truth is the Pats are showing grit; winning unexpected games like Falcons and Saints, keeping teams like the Bengals who hung 40+ on the Jets D to less than 14 points and pulling off close wins against divisional rivals.

Bottom line is we have a great team and reasons to be proud.

What say you?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish I could make myself believe that they'll still be playing in February.

Gonna keep watching the games, of course. And anything can happen.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one constant in the Belichick era is the Patriots have been able to find ways to win regardless of talent level or injuries. They may not make a splash in the post season, but just getting there should be considered an accomplishment. If Brady can step his game up and play like the all-time great he is supposed to be, anything is possible.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May not get to the SB this yr, but next yr could be a very good yr. Lots of young guys getting reps and hopefully a better draft.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. They may lose Talib and Spikes this offseason, which would seriously hurt the defense (they can live without Spikes, though I love what he brings to the team, but if they lose Talib...).

If they can keep the team largely intact, they should go into next offseason looking like an all star roster on both sides of the ball.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rookies emerge in time to make a splash. They are real close.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one constant in the Belichick era is the Patriots have been able to find ways to win regardless of talent level or injuries. They may not make a splash in the post season, but just getting there should be considered an accomplishment. If Brady can step his game up and play like the all-time great he is supposed to be, anything is possible.

Brady is an all-time great and there is nothing supposed to be about it. Some of you people need to get a life and that actually did occur to me so I rarely comment any longer but this rivals the dumbest comments ever made on any blog anywhere.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the injuries + Rookies + First Year Non Rookie = Pretty Damn Amazing.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is an all-time great and there is nothing supposed to be about it. Some of you people need to get a life and that actually did occur to me so I rarely comment any longer but this rivals the dumbest comments ever made on any blog anywhere.

Bottom line he has been average at best this year, and hasn't lived up to his status as a postseason QB in many years. He is living off the reputation of being a 3 time Super Bowl champ and putting up huge passing numbers since 07. If you have to resort to attacking me personally then I am sorry if you are too much of a Brady homer to see the reality through your rose colored glasses.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your replies, agree with what has been said. I guess the team is so well run that as fans we have become to expect great things every season. I'm happy with the rebuilding effort underway, few teams have rebuilt while remaining competitive. Many people will point finger at a presumably weak division, but the Pats always give a good fight and win important games outside the div, so that is what matters.
Go Pats!

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Talib is, I don't think he is back. He is hurt to much. If it was me, I would make a hard push at Grimes if he is out there. I doubt Mia lets him walk.

paperchamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not one of the most talented teams,but maybe that's what they need. I can see the Pats getting the #2 seed and I like our chances from there, maybe not to win it all but who did in 01?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game by the Pats! Maybe it was a crappy performance by the Steelers which helped, but damn that is how to play 60 minutes of aggressive and solid football.

Team gets pretty much an A all around, even McDaniels was spot on with the play calling.

mcblive

Brady is God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense would be amazing if we didnt lose Wilfork and Mayo. Now, with Talib out they look like the swiss cheese D of recent years...