• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report's now surfacing that the Bears are shopping Matt Forte

C

cubzzzfanincali

Best case scenario is we are competitive in three years. Forte is 32 in three years. I'm fine with trading him, but it better reflect his actual value.

While I think his 32+ value is minimal, he is a top 6 back in the league today. If a competitive team wants to acquire him, they better give us an offer that recognizes this. He shouldn't be traded for less than a 2nd and a 4th.

Forte has two years left, including this one, before the slide happens, and every NFL exec knows this. Tha fans may not, but the front offices do.

There is no universe in which he gets even a single pick higher than a 3rd rounder. None. Saying he is worth a 2nd and a 4th at a low-value position like RB is just wrong. If he is traded, we hope for a single 4th rounder. With maybe a gravy late round pick if they are generous. Squeezing a third out of some desperate team is unlikely, but we can hope for it.

C

cubzzzfanincali

By the way...leo...you cited some unnamed inside source you have that says Fox killed it but Pace was OK....can you do us all a huge favor? Can you find out what Dallas was willing to give us? Thanks in advance.

C

cubzzzfanincali

If he plays 3 more seasons at a similar pace, he will have 10000 yds rushing and 5000 yds receiving.

There are only 4 other backs in the history of the game that have accomplished that.

Ya, a ring would help, but to say it's a joke, is a joke.

It is interesting...Forte reflects the change in the league towards passing. Unfortunately, I think the combo rush/pass stats you cited are going to seem really unremarkable 10 years from now. And that's his problem. He may not look all that different from Darren Sproles by numbers. I am exaggerating a little, but not by much.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Forte and he genuinely appears to want to stay in Chicago for the rest of his career. And even though that kind of loyalty tugs at our hearts this move absolutely positively needs to be made for the betterment of the franchise. I hope what i've been reading is incorrect. Ryan Pace is the GM not John Fox, Pace should not be taking orders from Fox. Sure he can take input but this must be Pace's move and he needs to take the lead on this. He knows Forte needs to be traded. We just need a good deal in place. Jerry Jones, being a nut he is may blink first and give in.

C

cubzzzfanincali

you know, on this subject of banning bsgenius, Beardown if I can weigh in please take this into account. Don't ban him. Please. He may be super annoying, I may only agree with him 20% of the time, but so what? He shouldn't be banned. This isn't some life or death situation, it's a sport talk board. If I want to ignore him, I will. If it gets really bad, like with Joey, I can use technology to ignore him, like painting over a moldy crack in your wall to not have to look at it any more. But there's no real reason to ban anyone just because they are annoying. If that was the criteria, all of us would be instantly banned, probably starting with me.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte has two years left, including this one, before the slide happens, and every NFL exec knows this. Tha fans may not, but the front offices do.

There is no universe in which he gets even a single pick higher than a 3rd rounder. None. Saying he is worth a 2nd and a 4th at a low-value position like RB is just wrong. If he is traded, we hope for a single 4th rounder. With maybe a gravy late round pick if they are generous. Squeezing a third out of some desperate team is unlikely, but we can hope for it.

That's fine if the teams think that. Then the Bears shouldn't make the trade. For a team like Dallas or New England or Denver, where Forte might push you over the top and your window is pretty short, I don't think a 2nd is crazy. But if they disagree, that's their loss, not an excuse for the Bears to be trade away their best player for chump change.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Love Forte and he genuinely appears to want to stay in Chicago for the rest of his career. And even though that kind of loyalty tugs at our hearts this move absolutely positively needs to be made for the betterment of the franchise. I hope what i've been reading is incorrect. Ryan Pace is the GM not John Fox, Pace should not be taking orders from Fox. Sure he can take input but this must be Pace's move and he needs to take the lead on this. He knows Forte needs to be traded. We just need a good deal in place. Jerry Jones, being a nut he is may blink first and give in.

remember, we don't know if the "Fox ban" actually happened, we just have Leo's word for this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays 3 more seasons at a similar pace, he will have 10000 yds rushing and 5000 yds receiving.

There are only 4 other backs in the history of the game that have accomplished that.

Ya, a ring would help, but to say it's a joke, is a joke.

3 more seasons? Jeeeez. He'll be 33. lol. History says he maybe has one decent year left after this. He already isn't what he was in 2010-11.

Matt Forte has never, at any time been even all that close to being the best running back in football. A guy who was very consistent, very dependable and very good at all facets of being a running back. However, absolutely not "great".

Two pro bowls, never an all-pro, never even close to an MVP consideration... Will end up with around 4 YPC. Just a very good RB. He has no shot at making the hall of fame. Neither does Fred Taylor. You don't get in for being very good. You get in for being an all-time great, or dominating a period of time at your position. Forte never did that.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, on this subject of banning bsgenius, Beardown if I can weigh in please take this into account. Don't ban him. Please. He may be super annoying, I may only agree with him 20% of the time, but so what? He shouldn't be banned. This isn't some life or death situation, it's a sport talk board. If I want to ignore him, I will. If it gets really bad, like with Joey, I can use technology to ignore him, like painting over a moldy crack in your wall to not have to look at it any more. But there's no real reason to ban anyone just because they are annoying. If that was the criteria, all of us would be instantly banned, probably starting with me.

If i am banned, you'll never see me here again with another alias. Mark that down. My knowledge of the Bears serves as a public service. If the public doesn't want it, no problem.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way...leo...you cited some unnamed inside source you have that says Fox killed it but Pace was OK....can you do us all a huge favor? Can you find out what Dallas was willing to give us? Thanks in advance.
It was a 5th rounder that could have become a 4th if certain goals were meet

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cali, my source also said that you were wrong and Forte has just this season left and he will be a free agent

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no say in it, and I'm against the general idea of it, but I do know Alts are a no-no here.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy straight up for him what do you say.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Cali, my source also said that you were wrong and Forte has just this season left and he will be a free agent

I meant physically, not contractually. He is done on his contract, but most RBs play well through age 31, then fall off. That's all I meant.

C

cubzzzfanincali

It was a 5th rounder that could have become a 4th if certain goals were meet

that sounds plausible. OK, well let's say that is ture, and it sounds very possible. Now we have a reference point. Going forward, if a couple of injuries happen, we know what may be offered,.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i am banned, you'll never see me here again with another alias. Mark that down. My knowledge of the Bears serves as a public service. If the public doesn't want it, no problem.

Don't be such a baby.

Just stop being a condescending twat and you should be fine....tho the Alt thing is out of my hands. Pretty much the only rule they really frown on here, besides nips and bush.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a twat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote NO to the BS ban. We need more views not less. I'm fine with Packers fans posting here too. If you can't handle BS do what his parents do, hit the ignore button.