• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report - Tomsula To Be Fired After Season

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally no. I have been a Shanahan guy but a younger coach is ideal. Not sure there are any big names out there that would want to come here. I would be okay with Hue Jackson

Hue Jackson would be an excellent hire. He's got a great offensive mind and he's young. Plus, I bet he'd be extra motivated to do well in the Bay Area and stick it to the Raiders.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's somewhat unfair to fire Tomsula because what was any head coach supposed to do with this talent? Firing him is more about trying to make a big splash to turn around the momentum of this team than it is about Tomsula failing. The guys that really need to leave are York and Baalke, but York won't fire himself and York apparently loves Baalke despite his inability to put together a roster.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Adam Gase back up and bring back Fangio while you're at it. Trade Kaep and find a QB to sit for a year while Gabbert stays the starter. If the season goes down hill let the young guy take over late in the season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson would be an excellent hire. He's got a great offensive mind and he's young. Plus, I bet he'd be extra motivated to do well in the Bay Area and stick it to the Raiders.

Hue Jackson has done a really good job in Cincy with Dalton. Dalton was having a really good year. Jackson was 8-8 as head coach of the Raiders which was really good considering the toughest place to coach was under Al Davis during his last years.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's somewhat unfair to fire Tomsula because what was any head coach supposed to do with this talent? Firing him is more about trying to make a big splash to turn around the momentum of this team than it is about Tomsula failing. The guys that really need to leave are York and Baalke, but York won't fire himself and York apparently loves Baalke despite his inability to put together a roster.

Tough task for any coach but it was clear from day one that Tomsula was in way over his head and despite the personnel losses the team underperformed under Tomsula.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think they have to dump Tomsula. He is in way over his head. Now, if we could only get the Yorks to sell the team.

Unfortunately that is probably a few years away. Still stuck with Baalke. But getting rid of Tomsula is a start and I am looking forward to not having to see him on the sideline for another year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first things first, make the decision to fire Tomsula and start calling around.

second, yeah there is some truth is 'working with Baalke', but wouldn't this be true for ANY HC/GM? There are other NFL teams who'll have new HC's, and those candidates have to weigh those GM's too. Anyway, not worried about candidates now, don't see us ending up with the 'last place' candidate. Holmgren and Shanahan shows there will be decent candidates to interview. Not saying i want one of these guys, but there will be decent candidates.

there are former HC's who live and die coaching, another opportunity overrides SOME negativity with GM's, Owners, etc.. Even with no good QB, they'll take the job, cause just about all HC openings are due to no QB.

Hey Deep, Baalke just needs to step back and allow the next HC to pick his own staff and even have some roster input. That's if he wants to get any good candidates over here.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, there is truth to this as some players unexpectedly retired. Hyde got hurt early which could've helped this season. Kaep also regressed even MORE which didn't help Tomsula's case. So "somewhat unfair" is fine.

Will have to disagree about 'big splash', it is simply something York has to do. hell, all we fans are demanding he fire Tomsula, so wouldn't knock York for doing what WE want?

Tomsula could've remained had he kept the team playing better and better. Even if he lost games, fans just need to see improvements as the season wore on? I also believe fans can understand - for the most part - if injuries are to blame in-season, poor QB'ing is to blame, etc. Instead, we see no improvement even
'under the circumstances'? We see a heavily penalized team, indicating players aren't responding well enough. We still see a totally inept offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Deep, Baalke just needs to step back and allow the next HC to pick his own staff and even have some roster input. That's if he wants to get any good candidates over here.

for the most part yes. you discuss the approach with candidates, and select the one you see fit. But a little part of this is asking what Coordinators you're considering? Agree Baalke shouldn't pick them for the HC, but he should be aware of what direction the new HC is going?

No question the HC should have roster input, the ideal is for the GM and HC seeing eye to eye to roster changes. But the amount of input is where things go awry, and this goes back to the above. The GM should know the direction of the coordinators, because he will be filling players for those schemes. The GM might place more priority in different skill sets, so he must know that the directions suits his taste.

IF the HC/OC is pass oriented and Baalke is run, then that is already setting up issues.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The coaching staff is a disaster and the team regressed in every phase. This team was missing alot of people and had a ton of injuries too last year.

The defense ended the season last year with 3 starters out of the 11 that started the season and was still top 5. We ran an over complicated defense with players who were too new/young for it and it was constantly exposed by good offenses. Our offensive line was so shitty our top 3 RB's all got hurt and so did Draughn a 4th. We all have issues with the Kap, but Harbaugh could get use out of him the past two years while this year he was benched and a disaster.

Our team is undisciplined, makes idiotic starting decisions (Devey, Pears, no Dontae Johnson until the end), is basic and predictable. Our coaching staff is a laughingstock and except for Rathman, all DO deserve to be fired.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff is a disaster and the team regressed in every phase. This team was missing alot of people and had a ton of injuries too last year.

The defense ended the season last year with 3 starters out of the 11 that started the season and was still top 5. We ran an over complicated defense with players who were too new/young for it and it was constantly exposed by good offenses. Our offensive line was so shitty our top 3 RB's all got hurt and so did Draughn a 4th. We all have issues with the Kap, but Harbaugh could get use out of him the past two years while this year he was benched and a disaster.

Our team is undisciplined, makes idiotic starting decisions (Devey, Pears, no Dontae Johnson until the end), is basic and predictable. Our coaching staff is a laughingstock and except for Rathman, all DO deserve to be fired.

Tomsula just fired

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula just fired

Dear Jed AKA Just Effin' Dumb,

You are a complete fucking imbecile who was given the keys to a '63 Corvette and you managed to blow it the fuck up...not once, but twice. You publicly side with a personnel guy over the most successful coach the Niners have had since Walsh and if that weren't enough, you make it both a shit show soap opera and a fucking public display of ineptitude by fumbling and bumbling over the next hire. The SF logo is now kryptonite to any would be hires because of your constant in-house "leaks" in Harbaugh's lame duck year.

So what do you do? You take one of the good guys in this sport, place him in a completely lose-lose situation, then oust him like he's nothing after one season, staying completely quiet along the process. I saw you had no problem with your itchy fucking Twitter fingers when Harbaugh was winning...but as soon as your feet are held to the fire, you clam up?

If you had been smart enough to do that when Harbaugh was around, we would probably be in better shape. If you had a set of balls, you would reflect on what YOU did and didn't do, own it, make the changes necessary, then try like hell to rectify things. That's what Eddie would have done.

Unfortunately for Niner Nation, you are about as sharp as a marble and your inability to do your job makes Niner Nation looking like the fucking Raiders of yesteryear.

I don't fault Tomsula one bit and I wish him the best of luck in the future. He was a HELL of a position coach and was thrust into an impossible situation. Was he in over his head? Fuck yes and his game planning showed it. But it was Baalke and York that made the decision to go with him, then made demands as to who should be on his staff (see Cryst, Geep). This only made Tomsula's ability to field a competent staff and give himself a fighting chance nearly impossible. It was Baalke's personnel decisions that made this roster look like a shell of its former self. Tomsula was given 2/4 off suit and told to go all in. I wish he could come back as the DL coach again, because he regularly worked miracles with that group.

My wet dream is that the team finds it's way back to Eddie D and Eddie D cleans house in a way only Eddie D could....by putting a restraining order on you, keeping you at least 1000 feet away from Levi's Stadium, then curb stomping Baalke and bringing in a guy that knows what he's doing in personnel as well as the people skills to be able to co-exist with a top notch coach that can bring this team back to prominence. You weren't smart enough to realize that good coaches are MUCH harder to find then good personnel guys. Eddie D knew this, which is why he's a HOFer. He also knew how to treat people with class and respect. There were no internal leaks regarding his tiffs with Walsh although those happened pretty often. The players were treated with the upmost respect, not called embarrassments on Twitter. You have so much to learn and you don't seem to be getting any wiser despite the time that has passed. In fact, you seem to only be getting worse.

Please stay the fuck away from this team. You are the sole reason why this team sucks. Your poor decisions have trickled down throughout the entire organization. No more scapegoats. If you want the next one, look in the mirror. Then get the fuck out.

Sincerely,

An Extremely Pissed Off Dredinis21

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A bit off topic, but I just saw your Mahalo comment, just wondering if you're a Marcus Mariota fan?

Not that he's the ONLY Hawaiian to play college FB or in the NFL, but I'm a Ducks fan and am familiar with this....

Wild Kingdumb: April 2015

i think EVERYONE from Hawaii who didn't go to Oregon St (or USC), is a Mariot fan. J/K

Yeah not doubt. i am surprised he did ok his rookie season, most felt for sure there would be a transition from a "spread" offense, to the NFL.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think EVERYONE from Hawaii who didn't go to Oregon St (or USC), is a Mariot fan. J/K

Yeah not doubt. i am surprised he did ok his rookie season, most felt for sure there would be a transition from a "spread" offense, to the NFL.

I think he's so quietly confident that he can adapt. I think he leads by example, which I think is huge in the NFL.