• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Players are "leery" Chip Kelly is "full of himself"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a little full of himself and moreso his system, but that may not be a bad thing. Belichick is like that. Parcells was like that. One thing is for sure, none of the players are going to be walking around like they are more important than the team and "half assing" it. A lot of teams would be better off rebuilding, but don't have the courage to do it. I'm not saying the Eagles needed to do that, but you have to at least wait until the offseason is done before judging his moves. As a Cowboy fan so far I'm happy with what Philly has done. If they lose Maclin too, I can't see them being near a .500 team, but let's see what they do with that $50M in cap space first. If he does go all in for Mariotta maybe unloading guys who will no longer be at their peak when things come together will work out better a couple of years from now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, I wonder if players will be scared to play with Bill Belichick, now that he is so "full of himself" that he has unceremoniously cut Vince Wilfork.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, I wonder if players will be scared to play with Bill Belichick, now that he is so "full of himself" that he has unceremoniously cut Vince Wilfork.

Bloated Egos aren't a problem so long as those egos win. And Bill has done that his entire time in NE. I have a feeling if Hoody won 5-8 games three years in a row, there'd be a lot of grumbling.

The question has to be with Philly "what if Chip Kelly encounters adversity- what's the response?" I'd back him personally, and Philly ownership seems to agree with me given they willingly gave him so much control not far removed from the Reid debacle, but this is an interesting question.

Even if it was meant to be snarky in nature...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I think when BB flashes the hardware that he's earned at those free agents, their only comment will be "yes sir"

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sgt Brulittle ost: 6305619 said:
He will be out of the league in 2 years

He will last a little bit longer than that. But I don't see him leading a team deep into the playoffs; having pro bowl caliber years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, again, I think the issue is whether Chip keeps winning. If he does, then I think there won't be too many problems with players. If he doesn't, then it may become an issue. Maybe he loses the locker room more quickly than another coach.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some folks need to relax and wait for free agency, by Wednesday morning I got a feeling we will see just exactly how he (Chip) is gonna attack this...

And personally I don't think he moves up in the draft for Mariota, there is to much to build and he's not gonna mortgage the future drafts away for an unproven QB....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if players will be "leery" of the Arizona Cardinals for cutting Darnell Dockett and allowing him to sign with the Niners.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Maxwell says he's definitely considering signing with the Eagles. I guess he didn't catch the "leery" cooties like all these other free agents that Jason Cole supposedly talked to.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, again, I think the issue is whether Chip keeps winning.

It's amazing he has been 10-6 both years so far. I would have guessed a lot less than that.