• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Players are "leery" Chip Kelly is "full of himself"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Titans are smart, they will ask for the farm if Kelly wants to trade up. The minute that trade call is made to Tennessee, you know Chip is all in on Mariotta. The Titans will be holding all the cads.
One would think they'd trade with the 'Skins before the Titans. Should be fascinating when draft day is here.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck thread belongs in Duck forum

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is, if Chip wins, players will want to play in Philly. If he loses, they won't. Bill Belichick is not known for his generous treatment of aging, overpaid vets who no longer cut it--look what he did to Logan Mankins and countless others. But players are tripping over themselves to play for him because he wins. It's a cold business and players get that. Shady should consider himself fortunate some prior chumps in Philly are going to guarantee he gets paid $12 million this year in Buffalo playing running back.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Titans are smart, they will ask for the farm if Kelly wants to trade up. The minute that trade call is made to Tennessee, you know Chip is all in on Mariotta. The Titans will be holding all the cads.

Man, you are a bottomless font of wisdom. That's deep right there. I am sure the brain trust in Tennessee have never thought of that. They probably think Chip Kelly, former Oregon coach, known Mariota homer, collector of NFL Oregon players, is interested in trading up for Brandon Scherff!

Yes, everyone is well aware Chip Kelly is crack-addict desperate for Mariota.

I guess what we will see if whether the Titans have the stones to take him regardless of whether they can consummate a deal with the Eagles, or whether Philly then just moves to the next team on the clock, etc. For someone to demand a ransom for Mariota, there have to be multiple takers. Maybe there will be.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Does Chip Kelly value players in this league or does he value his own system?" And it's basically, "Is he full of himself or does he understand it's about talent?"

The great one's have outrageous ego's and understandable so, but if the above becomes widespread in this league...that's a huge problem for Chip.

Chip will be fine, he has a great escape clause should he fail. Not a bad situation at all.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chips is either brilliant or a damn full of himself fool. Only time will tell which one is correct.
I think he is so confident that his System works that he can just plug and play
Spurrier thought the same and well lets just say it did not work out for the Redskins and the Fun and Gun

It will be fun to watch stay tuned folks same Duck Station Same Duck Channel :D

Thinking the same thing today. Heard he's gonna let Maclin go to free agency as well, and dump more money.

Someone said Eagles will now have about 48 million to play with, approximately. If he can leverage that into help on the OL, DL, get a proven RB like Mark Ingram, etc., he could end up looking brilliant.

But this gathering of Oregon players could be dangerous. Plus, other than Nick Foles, no one else is going to be around to play QB.

He just won a power struggle, and now has total control.

Did have two 10-6 years, but needs more. Guess we'll see how it all turns out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has barner, heard hes going after d thomas now, just got kiko, drafted huff, wants mariota

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has barner, heard hes going after d thomas now, just got kiko, drafted huff, wants mariota

Oregon players

z6A25.jpg

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are a bottomless font of wisdom. That's deep right there. I am sure the brain trust in Tennessee have never thought of that. They probably think Chip Kelly, former Oregon coach, known Mariota homer, collector of NFL Oregon players, is interested in trading up for Brandon Scherff!

Yes, everyone is well aware Chip Kelly is crack-addict desperate for Mariota.

I guess what we will see if whether the Titans have the stones to take him regardless of whether they can consummate a deal with the Eagles, or whether Philly then just moves to the next team on the clock, etc. For someone to demand a ransom for Mariota, there have to be multiple takers. Maybe there will be.
It is quite evident you don't like me. :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how this will end for Kelly, but he's doing it his way. Which is the right approach if your a head coach.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking the same thing today. Heard he's gonna let Maclin go to free agency as well, and dump more money.

Someone said Eagles will now have about 48 million to play with, approximately. If he can leverage that into help on the OL, DL, get a proven RB like Mark Ingram, etc., he could end up looking brilliant.

But this gathering of Oregon players could be dangerous. Plus, other than Nick Foles, no one else is going to be around to play QB.

He just won a power struggle, and now has total control.

Did have two 10-6 years, but needs more. Guess we'll see how it all turns out.
They'll have a lot of money to spend. Maybe they can pick up a stud receiver like Maclin....err. This reincarnation of the Ducks, NFL version, is very intriguing. If anything, it makes for good entertainment in the off season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip can dream but Hammer and everyone else knows this is probably coming:

B2B0BIfIcAAY3i3.jpg

Just kidding Hammer...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be out of the league in 2 years

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the moves he has made so far. He is getting cap space to make more moves. Eagles offense was not the issue last yr, or at least I didn't think so. Philly needs to get better on Def and I think they got a great LB in return. Freed up more money to make a hard push at McCorty, Maxwell, Branch and others. They can get a RB a lot cheaper than Shaddy, who can put up similar numbers.

Now my issue is, will he sell the farm for MM? I saw on twitter a rumor that has Phlly giving up rounds 1,2,3 for 2015 and 2016. Rounds 2,4 in 2017 to Tampa for this yr's #1 and WR Mike Evans. Not sure how true, but he cannot give up a lot of picks for this kid.

IMO they sign Maclin, a few DB and keep Foles, they are sitting tight...Actually how much will Chip give BB for Blount?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the moves he has made so far. He is getting cap space to make more moves. Eagles offense was not the issue last yr, or at least I didn't think so. Philly needs to get better on Def and I think they got a great LB in return. Freed up more money to make a hard push at McCorty, Maxwell, Branch and others. They can get a RB a lot cheaper than Shaddy, who can put up similar numbers.

Now my issue is, will he sell the farm for MM? I saw on twitter a rumor that has Phlly giving up rounds 1,2,3 for 2015 and 2016. Rounds 2,4 in 2017 to Tampa for this yr's #1 and WR Mike Evans. Not sure how true, but he cannot give up a lot of picks for this kid.

IMO they sign Maclin, a few DB and keep Foles, they are sitting tight...Actually how much will Chip give BB for Blount?

Well, that would make Philly explode.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching Bill Belichick for years now and I still have no idea where he is headed.
Question: Do you really want a coach that makes moves so ovious, anybody could have thought of it????
Don't you want someone that is smarter than you??????

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching Bill Belichick for years now and I still have no idea where he is headed.
Question: Do you really want a coach that makes moves so ovious, anybody could have thought of it????
Don't you want someone that is smarter than you??????

Never been a fan of surprising moves just for the hell of it argument. The Bills for example are just being reckless rushing headlong into a trade with a high cap hit RB in less than a half hours time. The kicker? This guy was going to be cut anyway.

I don't want someone smarter than me, I want someone smart enough minus the obnoxious ego that impairs judgement. Guess what has already been a criticism of Kelly, right or wrong?

Fuggin' Piolio and his spreadsheet madness.