• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: OU Cornerback Jordan Thomas Won't Face Charges From June Arrest

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no ideal what happened. Something about an argument at the bar and the bouncer got all butthurt and said he was assaulted but I guess he decided that a couple of broken legs and being out of work for the next 6 months was not ideal and he decided not to press any charges.

(That's not how the legal system works...)

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he should be suspended for something he is apparently not guilty of?

You're such a dumbass.

You keep saying things like the "charges were dropped" and that he is "not guilty." Neither of those are true. There were no charges filed and certainly a choice to avoid filing isn't an admission that he is "not guilty."

He clearly was drunk and ran from police and got into some confrontation with bar staff. It's just that the legal system has more important things to deal with than drunk idiots. The fact that prosecutors have more important things to deal with doesn't mean he should avoid any discipline. He absolutely should have been suspended for at least some time and if Oklahoma was playing a cupcake, you damn well know he would have been.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what do you think he did that is soo bad?

And exactly what the hell do you think internal punishment involves?

The dude got arrested on a few things one of which was complaint of assault and battery. Maybe he didn't do it, but the kid still put himself in a shit situation.

Please tell us all what internal punishment involves since your boy Saban seems to have perfected it and you are such a valiant defender of it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying things like the "charges were dropped" and that he is "not guilty." Neither of those are true. There were no charges filed and certainly a choice to avoid filing isn't an admission that he is "not guilty."

He clearly was drunk and ran from police and got into some confrontation with bar staff. It's just that the legal system has more important things to deal with than drunk idiots. The fact that prosecutors have more important things to deal with doesn't mean he should avoid any discipline. He absolutely should have been suspended for at least some time and if Oklahoma was playing a cupcake, you damn well know he would have been.

Ok, so name the charges he is guilty of.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude got arrested on a few things one of which was complaint of assault and battery. Maybe he didn't do it, but the kid still put himself in a shit situation.

The criminal system didn't think it was worth their time. Obviously it wasn't serious.

Please tell us all what internal punishment involves since your boy Saban seems to have perfected it and you are such a valiant defender of it.

Well aside from physical punishments such as running and such, Cam Robinson was made to do a bunch of community service and he had to do ride along with cops and such. Things that are designed to improve behavior.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty comfortable saying he is guilty of public intoxication.

Serious question. Do you ever not have a dick in your mouth?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a bar?

:lol:

He wasn't a bar when he ran from the police. Nobody is saying that he did anything which is a serious criminal offense. But when you say that he "is apparently not guilty" and "charges were dropped," you are just saying things which are factually false.

And the fact that an offense isn't serious enough to warrant charges in no way means that private team punishment is inappropriate. Charges like "Minor in Possession of Alcohol" and "Possession of Marijuana" are nearly universally diverted in my county. I assure you that universities and employers will still take these offenses seriously.

Again, we both know if Oklahoma was playing Louisiana-Monroe instead of Houston in the opener, he would be suspended for at least a quarter (like he was last year). I don't blame Stoops for doing what he is doing, but it's still disappointing.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. Do you ever not have a dick in your mouth?
tumblr_inline_oaj9da0Yub1tuw6ri_500.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criminal system didn't think it was worth their time. Obviously it wasn't serious.

Well aside from physical punishments such as running and such, Cam Robinson was made to do a bunch of community service and he had to do ride along with cops and such. Things that are designed to improve behavior.

Or there are people that use connections they have to get football players out of this.

So with running and riding with a cop for a day, his behavior is improved? You can prove this as much I can prove missing a game does. However common sense will tell anyone that missing a game has much bigger consequences then running a stadium.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or there are people that use connections they have to get football players out of this.

So with running and riding with a cop for a day, his behavior is improved? You can prove this as much I can prove missing a game does. However common sense will tell anyone that missing a game has much bigger consequences then running a stadium.

Oh, so now it's because he plays football that he's getting out of that.

Do you have anything to back that up, or are you just grasping for straws because you have nothing real?

PS: I've had a DA drop charges on me before - Because I wasn't guilty. No football connections, nothing special, just a guy who got charged falsely(actually there were about 6 of us total that got charged with bullshit).

But nope, because it's a football player then it must be for the reason that suits your narrative the best.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so now it's because he plays football that he's getting out of that.

Do you have anything to back that up, or are you just grasping for straws because you have nothing real?

PS: I've had a DA drop charges on me before - Because I wasn't guilty. No football connections, nothing special, just a guy who got charged falsely(actually there were about 6 of us total that got charged with bullshit).

But nope, because it's a football player then it must be for the reason that suits your narrative the best.

Are you saying football players don't get special treatment? What fuckin world are you living in?

I'm grasping at straws just as much as you are home slice. Neither of us were there.

Ohh and the difference between you and this guy is this guy didn't have the charges dropped, the DA decided to not pursue. That certainly doesn't make him innocent or guilty. We'll never know for sure. But saying every case a DA drops charges so the person must be innocent is naive.

I'm getting into this argument with you because you are the only one defending this kid as this were nothing. It's the bama thread all over. But it's not bama. Funny how your narrative isn't true on that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying football players don't get special treatment? What fuckin world are you living in?

I'm grasping at straws just as much as you are home slice. Neither of us were there.

Ohh and the difference between you and this guy is this guy didn't have the charges dropped, the DA decided to not pursue. That certainly doesn't make him innocent or guilty. We'll never know for sure. But saying every case a DA drops charges so the person must be innocent is naive.

I'm getting into this argument with you because you are the only one defending this kid as this were nothing. It's the bama thread all over. But it's not bama. Funny how your narrative isn't true on that.

The DA decided not to pursue the shit the cops charged me with either. There is no difference, just semantics, the case was closed.

And as for special treatment, I also got that a few times when I was in the military. What happens then is the cops don't charge you to start with. I always showed my military ID first to a cop specifically for that reason and it always worked.

Once you get to the court system, it's another story. But it doesn't take being a football player to get off lightly. Everyone does for the first time offenses - most people it doesn't even go on their record.

Maybe if you stopped pretending like every thing is murder you wouldn't be so anally ignorant.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DA decided not to pursue the shit the cops charged me with either. There is no difference, just semantics, the case was closed.

And as for special treatment, I also got that a few times when I was in the military. What happens then is the cops don't charge you to start with. I always showed my military ID first to a cop specifically for that reason and it always worked.

Once you get to the court system, it's another story. But it doesn't take being a football player to get off lightly. Everyone does for the first time offenses - most people it doesn't even go on their record.

Maybe if you stopped pretending like every thing is murder you wouldn't be so anally ignorant.

My insinuation was not that only football players get special treatment, heck other athletes, famous folk and military personnel usually get the benefit of the doubt. I was saying this happens though in response to your "so he got off because he's a football player."

Maybe if you stopped pretending that football players who get caught doing something stupid should just get off lightly because they can help you win a football game you wouldn't be so anally retarded.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part about this thread is a West Virginia fan and Alabama fan are the two in a pissing match with each other.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part about this thread is a West Virginia fan and Alabama fan are the two in a pissing match with each other.

I was asked to come down and attack you and Oklahoma and all Oklahoma fans would defend it.

Coincidently, it's the jackass that told me to do it (so I wasn't just stalking Alabama) and he is infant the one valiantly arguing this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My insinuation was not that only football players get special treatment, heck other athletes, famous folk and military personnel usually get the benefit of the doubt. I was saying this happens though in response to your "so he got off because he's a football player."

Maybe if you stopped pretending that football players who get caught doing something stupid should just get off lightly because they can help you win a football game you wouldn't be so anally retarded.

We have a criminal justice system for the purpose of dealing with people who commit crimes. If what he did was so bad, then it would have been carried out by it.

If Bob Stoops had decided to suspend the guy, that would have been fine with me. It's his program, and I think he is the one - not you - that is best equipped with knowing the facts and what needs to be done.

You simply assume the worst in everything and then act like it's fact. It can't be because the charges were mostly BS to start with, it has to be because he was a football player. It can't be because Bob Stoops thinks there are other forms of punishment that are better suited to deal with things, it has to be because he just wants to win football games.

Please explain to me how the Oklahoma player not being suspended helps Alabama wins games.