• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rep Points

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the avatar of you making coffee DS? :D

Your old one got my vote for the Hooplas.

Why thank you for your vote. Methyl Red will likely make its return once I start my senior project. Or perhaps I'll go with Disperse Orange 3. Or maybe one of the long-chain elastomers I synthesize will be the go-to compound. I guess we shall see.

The new picture is indeed of pipetting. I believe I was adding a pH 7 monobasic phosphate buffer to my solution. I was studying horseradish peroxidase inhibitor kinetics in the spirit of cancer treatment research. That was probably one of the trials in which I was testing the inhibition potential of ibuprofen.

For those of you to whom it means something, I was observing steady-state kinetics of the reaction I attached, which is catalyzed by the HRP enzyme. In the pro-drug treatment being proposed, the guaiacol would be replaced with acetaminophine, but the two act analogously and guaiacol is cheaper. We were testing acetylsalicylic acid and ibuprofen since other phenol-based compounds were found to inhibit the reaction, and these, of course, being found in over-the-counter medications needed to be tested to see if they would make the cancer treatment less effective. Acetylsalicylic acid was determined as an inhibitor, but ibuprofen did not appear to be, for what it's worth.

The device we were using to observe the kinetics was an Ocean Optics spectrophotometer, using Spectra Suite software, and the reaction took place in a quartz cuvette with a 1-cm optical pathway. We used 22.9 nM HRP, 1.08 mM hydrogen peroxide, ibuprofen concentrations varying from 1 mM to 6 mM, and guaiacol concentrations ranging from 10 uM to 3 mM.

Attachments

• HRP Reaction.jpg
    HRP Reaction.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 30
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When ever I try to read your posts DS, I get a headache

You should probably just stop at "For those of you to whom it means something," because after that you just know it's going to get ridiculous.

=P

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, My son has a PhD and his wife is a OB/GYN and i get answers that I understand. Damn !!!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the chemical formula for a rep point?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Comeds do me a favor and give me a rep. It would be a dang *snickers* shame if you got neg repped for being and uptight bitch with that them rep 'o yours. :)

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why thank you for your vote. Methyl Red will likely make its return once I start my senior project. Or perhaps I'll go with Disperse Orange 3. Or maybe one of the long-chain elastomers I synthesize will be the go-to compound. I guess we shall see.

The new picture is indeed of pipetting. I believe I was adding a pH 7 monobasic phosphate buffer to my solution. I was studying horseradish peroxidase inhibitor kinetics in the spirit of cancer treatment research. That was probably one of the trials in which I was testing the inhibition potential of ibuprofen.

For those of you to whom it means something, I was observing steady-state kinetics of the reaction I attached, which is catalyzed by the HRP enzyme. In the pro-drug treatment being proposed, the guaiacol would be replaced with acetaminophine, but the two act analogously and guaiacol is cheaper. We were testing acetylsalicylic acid and ibuprofen since other phenol-based compounds were found to inhibit the reaction, and these, of course, being found in over-the-counter medications needed to be tested to see if they would make the cancer treatment less effective. Acetylsalicylic acid was determined as an inhibitor, but ibuprofen did not appear to be, for what it's worth.

The device we were using to observe the kinetics was an Ocean Optics spectrophotometer, using Spectra Suite software, and the reaction took place in a quartz cuvette with a 1-cm optical pathway. We used 22.9 nM HRP, 1.08 mM hydrogen peroxide, ibuprofen concentrations varying from 1 mM to 6 mM, and guaiacol concentrations ranging from 10 uM to 3 mM.

Ok, so I still don't know what the hell your talking about, BUT THIS TIME, I read the whole post. My next step will be Googling a couple 25 words or so. I'm sooo gonna be ready to try Algebra again in about 6-7 years...:D

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice summer image:

adriana_lima_vs_photoshoot_st_barts_4.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm a sucker for Adrianna. + to you, sir
(and link to the rest of the shotoshoot when you have a moment)

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Comeds do me a favor and give me a rep. It would be a dang *snickers* shame if you got neg repped for being and uptight bitch with that them rep 'o yours. :)

I gave you some bro. I'm givin away like a cheap....well you know :eek:

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have a thread for her.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...a-lima-surprised-shes-not-had-thread-now.html

might as well file these ones there too, though :D

Not surprising, I have said before you do have a great taste in women and that is where you got a head start on reps before these rep orgy threads :p
I am happy I finally gained one on my own but it makes me happier that this forum has been a success in my opinion and hopefully I earn reps during the season when I post more.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy I finally gained one on my own but it makes me happier that this forum has been a success in my opinion and hopefully I earn rep's during the season when I post more.

Yes, you did. 16 of them. :cool:

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you did. 16 of them. :cool:

thanks Tox, I actually made a quick you stoned with superflyer comment I had to delete because I thought you read my 6 as 16 and then realized you meant your contribution. :)
time to eat and relax after a long day

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell? Did my post get deleted?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.