• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RememberTheKoy's Official 2021 NFL Power Rankings W8

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but they could also easily be 4-2

Most games in tbe nfl arw close. Even when bad teams play good teams the likelihood of a blowout is still relatively low

Looking at MoV is fine but how teams perform in close games is just as important imo as most games will be one score type affairs

Atlanta was awful in 1 score games last year ( 1-9 ). Theyre 3-1 in 1 score games this year. If that trend continues theyll continue to win. If it doesnt they wont
I dont think you know the rules
you can put positive spin on shitty teams only if they are in Philly!
then you can make outlandish claims like they are a borderline playoff team instead of a cesspool of a team.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.
That was in week one.
Since then the Falcons are aiming up & the Eagles are an absolute shitshow.
I am not claiming either are any good. Just what would happen as of now if they played each other.

Aiming up? They've done nothing but play some of the worst in the NFL outside of 1 blowout loss to the Bucs and all they have to show for it is a 3-3 record with no real convincing wins against those bad opponents that they have also lost to.

What would happen if the Falcons played the Eagles schedule instead? They would be looking at 0-6, 1-6 or at best 2-5.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy doesnt know jack. Who cares if he is paid to do this. he isnt on the Hoop! Like our Boy RTK is.
but I did notice he has them 6 places higher than the Eagles. & the eagles are pretty close to where they should be. Although I would probably flip flop Philly & the skins, but that is splitting hairs.

Surprised Sea is that low. Assuming no confidence in Geno. 23 - 30 you could shake them up & put them in whatever order & not be too off.
Actually, that's about right for Seattle. Offense is ranked 21st, I believe atm. And the defense is historically bad although only ranked 27th scoring but giving up yards at a record pace. We've been saying for a few years now that Russell Wilson is the only reason they are a consistent double digit win team. Without him, this is a 5-6 win team at best. If he ends up out for 6 or more games and then can't shake the rust, Seattle likely finishes 7-10 if they are lucky.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you can make outlandish claims like they are a borderline playoff team instead of a cesspool of a team.

How it is that you still don't understand that the 7th seed will be a bad team I don't know.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter anything below 10?

I think any of the top 12 teams could make a run if they get hot in the postseason. Almost have to include the Chiefs at 13 in that but their defense is so bad I don't think they could survive it to a Super Bowl run this year.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy doesnt know jack. Who cares if he is paid to do this. he isnt on the Hoop! Like our Boy RTK is.
but I did notice he has them 6 places higher than the Eagles. & the eagles are pretty close to where they should be. Although I would probably flip flop Philly & the skins, but that is splitting hairs.

Surprised Sea is that low. Assuming no confidence in Geno. 23 - 30 you could shake them up & put them in whatever order & not be too off.

You must be the type that looks at CNN and considers them a trusted source just because they are paid to do what they do.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think Minnesota will be that 7 seed and I don't consider them a bad team. Iffy QB at times but not a bad roster overall.

They have an extremely brutal remaining schedule.

Cowboys
@Ravens
@Chargers
Packers
@49ers
Lions
@Bears
Rams
@Packers
Bears

Beat the Lions and maybe sweep the Bear? Likely split but maybe sweep so let's give them that. After that, what do they have? Hope to split with the Packers? Then let's say they beat the 49ers on the road. That only puts them at 8-9. I don't see them beating the other teams. Even if they steal one of those games and all these other things go right that is still just 9-8 and at that point who knows who owns what tie-breaker between them and the Eagles.

With the schedules, I think it is a bigger longshot for the Vikings to finish 9-8 than it is for the Eagles even though the Vikings are the better team. They just have a very difficult remaining schedule in contrast to the Eagles who have a very easy remaining schedule.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have an extremely brutal remaining schedule.

Cowboys
@Ravens
@Chargers
Packers
@49ers
Lions
@Bears
Rams
@Packers
Bears

Beat the Lions and maybe sweep the Bear? Likely split but maybe sweep so let's give them that. After that, what do they have? Hope to split with the Packers? Then let's say they beat the 49ers on the road. That only puts them at 8-9. I don't see them beating the other teams. Even if they steal one of those games and all these other things go right that is still just 9-8 and at that point who knows who owns what tie-breaker between them and the Eagles.

With the schedules, I think it is a bigger longshot for the Vikings to finish 9-8 than it is for the Eagles even though the Vikings are the better team. They just have a very difficult remaining schedule in contrast to the Eagles who have a very easy remaining schedule.
Meh, not that brutal. The NFCN is really kind of a joke with the Bears and Lions. I can see them sweeping those 2 and splitting with the Packers.They have only been swept by the Packers once (2019) in 5 years.
I'm pretty sure they beat the Niners. The Niners secondary is not good and Jefferson and Theilen are studs. And I can see them beating the Chargers and maybe even the Ravens. Only the Rams and Cowboys look to be a real issue to me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could easily be 4-2? The would be far more easily 1-5 than 4-2. They lost by 4 points to the Redskins. They had to beat the Dolphins and Giants by an end of the game last second field goal. The fact that they have been in 1 score games with 4 teams that have a combined record of 6-21 is not a good sign. They were blown out by the only team they played with a winning record. They were blown out by a team with a 2-5 record.

They are not a good football team and it is going to continue to show going forward as they start to play teams with actual winning records.
Yes easily 4-2. They led Wah by 8 with 5 minutes left. And while they needed a FG to beat Miami they controlled tbe vast majority of the game

Im not sure why youre getting so defensive. I already told you i was fine with where you have Atlanta. Its silly to argue with my " could be 4-2 " statement as its clearly true and yes tbey could also be worse than 3-3. But theyve won close games. Thats the point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ... i missed the memo lol

Honestly the primary difference between pretty much every team between 10 wins and 5 wins is how often they win close games . So yeah you can always say team _______ could have a better record

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not that brutal. The NFCN is really kind of a joke with the Bears and Lions. I can see them sweeping those 2 and splitting with the Packers.They have only been swept by the Packers once (2019) in 5 years.
I'm pretty sure they beat the Niners. The Niners secondary is not good and Jefferson and Theilen are studs. And I can see them beating the Chargers and maybe even the Ravens. Only the Rams and Cowboys look to be a real issue to me.

It is brutal. Let's look at it the context of where these teams rank in my rankings currently:

#6 Cowboys
#9 @Ravens
#10 @Chargers
#8 Packers
#19 @49ers
#29 Lions
#21 @Bears
#3 Rams
#8 @Packers
#21 Bears

Compared to who they have faced so far to get their 3-3 record:
#7 Bengals LOSS
#1 Cardinals LOSS
#20 Seahawks WIN
#11 Browns LOSS
#29 Lions WIN
#27 Panthers WIN in OT

They have lost to some good teams. They played good games against them but they lost them all. All of their wins have been against teams that are ranked 20 or lower. They play 6 of their remaining 11 games against teams ranked in my top 10. That's a gauntlet. If they make it they will certainly have deserved it but a run like that from where they are in contrast to where they need to go will need an amount of luck that is not common for the Vikings franchise.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just because that was interesting to look at for the #18 Vikings. Let's look at who the #22 Eagles play the rest of the way and how they rank currenlty:

#29 @Lions
#10 Chargers
#23 @Broncos
#15 Saints
#26 @Giants
#28 @Jets
BYE
#24 Redskins
#26 Giants
#24 @Redskins
#6Cowboys

Only 2 of their remaining 10 games are against teams ranked in the top 10. They play the #15 Saints in Philadelphia in late cold November but after that it is nothing but 7 games against teams ranked #23 or lower.

As for who they have played so far:

#25 @Falcons WIN
#19 49ers LOSS
#6 @Cowboys LOSS
#13 Chiefs LOSS
#27 @Panthers WIN
#4 Bucs LOSS
#12 Raiders LOSS

There aren't good, there is no doubt about that. But they have also shown that they can play with and win against other bad teams. The 49ers might be the ultimate Good-Bad team this season but I think the Eagles might be that next tallest midget. And in a lot of ways it has to suck being the 2nd tallest midget for an assortment of reasons just like it does as an Eagles fan but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is still the 2nd tallest midget with a schedule filled with shorter midgets.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiming up? They've done nothing but play some of the worst in the NFL outside of 1 blowout loss to the Bucs and all they have to show for it is a 3-3 record with no real convincing wins against those bad opponents that they have also lost to.

What would happen if the Falcons played the Eagles schedule instead? They would be looking at 0-6, 1-6 or at best 2-5.
Honestly.
& I mean Honestly.
If the Lions played the Eagles right now.
I would bet your 500 vcash on the Lions. Eagles are are going down the shitter. When you question your QB (which you should) Lets face it. He is only going to get worse with even more tape on him. Lions are 0-6. Going by records & not what you see Makes life easy but Vegas loves that shit.
Lions play hard & are in every game.
Eagles suck & when the other team goes into what I call dont lose the game mode is when they start doing something. Again. I am not saying the Flacons are some team to start worry about.
I am saying they are better than the Week 1 Falcons & the eagles are circling the drain!
one win was against the week 1 Falcons
only other win was against the hapless Panthers.
All games outside of week 1 you have less than 24 points meaning your offense absolutely sucks. Side note you did get over 24 against the chiefs with 4 seconds left when the game was over no matter what against a horrible defense with a prevent defense.
So unless you have a Dome Patrol type Saints Defense or a Ravens type Ray Lewis led Defense.
Your Team is destined for a horrible record son.

So yes. If the Falcons played the Eagles next week.
I would win your money (again)
Falcons may very well be a bad team. But the Eagles are a shit team right now!
& there two wins are against some of the lowest rated teams right now. Kinda tells a story dont it.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it is that you still don't understand that the 7th seed will be a bad team I don't know.
I believe the 7th seed will be a so-so team. Not a bad team. (which the eagles are)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be the type that looks at CNN and considers them a trusted source just because they are paid to do what they do.
I look at all news sources as corrupt for one side or the other. Neutral news sources are a thing of the past.
Now its about ratings.
Next.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going back and forth on that one too. Might go KC if I KNOW Mahomes is good to go. Bills have Jville and Jets next 2 weeks.

@Clayton latest word on Mahomes?
I changed my strategy after a disastrous 10-6 Survivor season in 2017. I moved to planning picks for the whole season in advance so I could get consistent mismatches every week and not have any coin flips. I'm on a current streak of 41 consecutive winning picks so it seems to be the way to go. I've provisionally switched the Chiefs back to Week 13 at home to the Broncos, (which was 1 of 3 'problem' weeks for me). The Seahawks were originally my Week 8 back-up plan but I don't like that option now either. I also changed my Week 9 pick away from the Dolphins, lol. (Well it looked good on paper 2 months ago). My advice is: 'Pick the team that's hot against a team that's not'.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.
& I mean Honestly.
If the Lions played the Eagles right now.
I would bet your 500 vcash on the Lions. Eagles are are going down the shitter. When you question your QB (which you should) Lets face it. He is only going to get worse with even more tape on him. Lions are 0-6. Going by records & not what you see Makes life easy but Vegas loves that shit.
Lions play hard & are in every game.
Eagles suck & when the other team goes into what I call dont lose the game mode is when they start doing something. Again. I am not saying the Flacons are some team to start worry about.
I am saying they are better than the Week 1 Falcons & the eagles are circling the drain!
one win was against the week 1 Falcons
only other win was against the hapless Panthers.
All games outside of week 1 you have less than 24 points meaning your offense absolutely sucks. Side note you did get over 24 against the chiefs with 4 seconds left when the game was over no matter what against a horrible defense with a prevent defense.
So unless you have a Dome Patrol type Saints Defense or a Ravens type Ray Lewis led Defense.
Your Team is destined for a horrible record son.

So yes. If the Falcons played the Eagles next week.
I would win your money (again)
Falcons may very well be a bad team. But the Eagles are a shit team right now!
& there two wins are against some of the lowest rated teams right now. Kinda tells a story dont it.

Eagles and Lions play each other Sunday so let's do that vcash bet.

Falcons are the same bad team that they were. Nothing has changed with the Falcons.

Yes the Eagles wins are against bad teams as well. Eagles are a bad team. Same goes for the Falcons though where their only wins are one score wins over other really bad teams. Falcons have also lost to really bad teams too. Falcons are not good. They are about to start playing some good teams coming up after another bad Panthers team this Sunday and the Falcons will go back to getting blown out as they play teams with winning records.