• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RememberTheKoy's Official 2021 NFL Power Rankings W8

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as an easy schedule for a "not good" football team....shall we take a look??? yes, we will

@ Lions
Chargers
@ Broncos
Saints
@ Giants
@ Jets
Washington
Giants
@ Washington
Dallas

The Eagles are a 2-5 team right now, and I'm guessing it'll take 9 wins to get a playoff spot. I don't see 7 wins in that schedule for the Eagle. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles lost to the Lions, Broncos, or Jets....and I don't see them sweeping both Washington and the Giants...so you fill in the wins where ever you want, but I don't see 7

Every game on that schedule is one they are capable of winning with the exception of the Chargers game. If the Cowboys are in the hunt for the #1 seed in week 18 then that is also a certain loss but I think it's more than likely that the #1 seed is already finalized in that final week and the Cowboys will take that chance to rest their starters having already long locked up the division.

Will they win all of those winnable games? Becuase they aren't good enough but so many of those teams are so bad that the Eagles will still win most of them.

Before this last week I stated they would have to win at least 1 of the 3 (@Raiders, @Broncos, Saints) but would likely have to win 2 of those 3. They lost to the Raiders so they will have to still win at least one of those two other games but their best chance would be to win both.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isnt really about schedule strength if you're on the outside looking in. Its about being able to control your own destiny. You want to play the 'good' teams so that they lose and you can gain ground on them.

Its the only reason I haven't given up on the Chiefs season. Their remaining schedule is basically the Giants, Cowboys, and Packers...and then every team they need to beat to stay in contention for the playoffs (Bengals, Steelers, Raiders 2x, Broncos 2x, and Chargers). Those Bengals, Steelers, Raiders and Chargers games are basically must wins but its better than not playing them and staying 2+ games back.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isnt really about schedule strength if you're on the outside looking in. Its about being able to control your own destiny. You want to play the 'good' teams so that they lose and you can gain ground on them.

Its the only reason I haven't given up on the Chiefs season. Their remaining schedule is basically the Giants, Cowboys, and Packers...and then every team they need to beat to stay in contention for the playoffs (Bengals, Steelers, Raiders 2x, Broncos 2x, and Chargers). Those Bengals, Steelers, Raiders and Chargers games are basically must wins but its better than not playing them and staying 2+ games back.

The NFL playoffs aren't determined the same was as the college playoffs. I have no delusions about the team the Eagles are so them not being able to beat good teams is irrelevant. The reality of the situation is that as a result of their remaining schedule they will likely be in the running for that 7th seed at the end of the season.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com Dan Hanzus rankings

1)AZ
2)TB
3)Buff
4)Dallas
5)Rams
6)GB
7)Cinci
8)Balt
9)Chargers
10)Tenn
11)LV
12)NO
13)Cleve
14)KC
15)Minn
16)Indy
17)Pitt
18)NE
19) SF
20)Atl
21)Den
22)Seattle
23)Chi
24)Giants
25)Car
26)Philly
27)Wash
28)Jax
29)Miami
30)Detroit
31)J-E-T-S
32) Houston

Seems to reiterate what a lot of posters in here are saying

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1)AZ
2)TB
3)Buff
4)Dallas
5)Rams
6)GB
7)Cinci
8)Balt
9)Chargers
10)Tenn
11)LV
12)NO
13)Cleve
14)KC
15)Minn
16)Indy
17)Pitt
18)NE
19) SF
20)Atl
21)Den
22)Seattle
23)Chi
24)Giants
25)Car
26)Philly
27)Wash
28)Jax
29)Miami
30)Detroit
31)J-E-T-S
32) Houston

Ok, but are they very exclusive and very intuitive? Does he have some other special claim that absolves him from critique or question his brilliance?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but are they very exclusive and very intuitive? Does he have some other special claim that absolves him from critique or question his brilliance?
I'm not sure, just another opinion I guess, but seeing they work for NFL.com, hopefully they are a little more educated and less bias with their rankings

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 77-29 record in NFL picks this year.

This site has tracked picks of hundreds of "experts" in the media. Of those hundreds of "experts" I have the 3rd best pick-em record at this point. I have been able to have such consistently good success picking games this season because I am able to properly assess teams with where they are at especially in the context of other teams.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons have done nothing at all impressive this season. There is flatout no argument for anything they have done this season for them to not be looked at as one of the many bad teams in the league.
Sure but you can only play the schedule youre given. I have no issue with where you have Atlanta. I personally think we are playing better than that right now but the next 2 weeks will help me know for sure.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but you can only play the schedule youre given. I have no issue with where you have Atlanta. I personally think we are playing better than that right now but the next 2 weeks will help me know for sure.

Yeah but Atlanta has been given an extremely easy early season schedule but they are only 3-3 with it. Two of those wins coming from last second field goals against Giants (2-5) & Dolphins (1-6). Then they have also been beat by 2 bad teams in the Eagles (2-5) who blew them out and the Redskins (2-5). The only team that they have played with a winning record are the Bucs who also blew them out.

It would be one thing if they have rolled through their schedule with ease but that isn't the case. They are a bad team that has been getting beat by and squeaking out wins against other bad teams. Are they the worst of the bad teams? No. Are they the best of the bad teams? Also no.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams from 22 -27 are 'Any given Sunday' teams and that group could be put in any order.

The Chiefs are hard to place. I originally had them as my Survivor pick this week but i've got cold feet and i've switched to the Bills.
I'm going back and forth on that one too. Might go KC if I KNOW Mahomes is good to go. Bills have Jville and Jets next 2 weeks.

@Clayton latest word on Mahomes?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Atlanta has been given an extremely easy early season schedule but they are only 3-3 with it. Two of those wins coming from last second field goals against Giants (2-5) & Dolphins (1-6). Then they have also been beat by 2 bad teams in the Eagles (2-5) who blew them out and the Redskins (2-5). The only team that they have played with a winning record are the Bucs who also blew them out.

It would be one thing if they have rolled through their schedule with ease but that isn't the case. They are a bad team that has been getting beat by and squeaking out wins against other bad teams. Are they the worst of the bad teams? No. Are they the best of the bad teams? Also no.
Sure but they could also easily be 4-2

Most games in tbe nfl arw close. Even when bad teams play good teams the likelihood of a blowout is still relatively low

Looking at MoV is fine but how teams perform in close games is just as important imo as most games will be one score type affairs

Atlanta was awful in 1 score games last year ( 1-9 ). Theyre 3-1 in 1 score games this year. If that trend continues theyll continue to win. If it doesnt they wont

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but they could also easily be 4-2

Most games in tbe nfl arw close. Even when bad teams play good teams the likelihood of a blowout is still relatively low

Looking at MoV is fine but how teams perform in close games is just as important imo as most games will be one score type affairs

Atlanta was awful in 1 score games last year ( 1-9 ). Theyre 3-1 in 1 score games this year. If that trend continues theyll continue to win. If it doesnt they wont

They could easily be 4-2? The would be far more easily 1-5 than 4-2. They lost by 4 points to the Redskins. They had to beat the Dolphins and Giants by an end of the game last second field goal. The fact that they have been in 1 score games with 4 teams that have a combined record of 6-21 is not a good sign. They were blown out by the only team they played with a winning record. They were blown out by a team with a 2-5 record.

They are not a good football team and it is going to continue to show going forward as they start to play teams with actual winning records.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could smoke the Eagles? The Eagles already smoked them 32-6!
Right.
That was in week one.
Since then the Falcons are aiming up & the Eagles are an absolute shitshow.
I am not claiming either are any good. Just what would happen as of now if they played each other.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1)AZ
2)TB
3)Buff
4)Dallas
5)Rams
6)GB
7)Cinci
8)Balt
9)Chargers
10)Tenn
11)LV
12)NO
13)Cleve
14)KC
15)Minn
16)Indy
17)Pitt
18)NE
19) SF
20)Atl
21)Den
22)Seattle
23)Chi
24)Giants
25)Car
26)Philly
27)Wash
28)Jax
29)Miami
30)Detroit
31)J-E-T-S
32) Houston

this guy doesnt know jack. Who cares if he is paid to do this. he isnt on the Hoop! Like our Boy RTK is.
but I did notice he has them 6 places higher than the Eagles. & the eagles are pretty close to where they should be. Although I would probably flip flop Philly & the skins, but that is splitting hairs.

Surprised Sea is that low. Assuming no confidence in Geno. 23 - 30 you could shake them up & put them in whatever order & not be too off.