• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining schedule

C

cubzzzfanincali

I will continue to hold hope until they are mathematically eliminated.

After the last two seasons being long over by this time.....ima enjoy still having something to root for.

It's not in my DNA to root for losses for draft status.

not to nitpick, but in 2013 all we had to do was win one of the two final games to get in the playoffs....and we lost both games.

And last year we also started out 5-6.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats all the thread was about, the rest of the schedule. I just brought up playoffs as a way to get to the top 18 picks and how far down you want to pick to finally possibly find that pass rusher as a way of saying I wont be too upset if they dont. With the number of first round injuries this year, we see even a high pick is not an guarantee with Clowney and White.
At this point in THIS season... Don't worry about draft picks! Honestly? Why even bother? Just take it as it comes. And if Pace can find what...5 starters in ONE draft... think of what he can do next.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to nitpick, but in 2013 all we had to do was win one of the two final games to get in the playoffs....and we lost both games.

And last year we also started out 5-6.
What a fucking killjoy. bah...always. I don't think Cali will ever be a happy Bears fan.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debbie.jpe
I found a picture of Cali!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs. SF
vs. WAS
@ MIN
@TB
vs. DET

Whaddya guise think?

I would loooove to see them build on GB and string some together.

It feels pretty good to still have a chance, be it slim or otherwise, at this time of the year. This time last year and...ouch!? I don't even want to recall it.

It would be a good time for everyone to get healthy.

Cannot say it enough how impressed with the Defense I am. Yards between the 30's mean nothing if they don't score. Bears D has shut fucks down the last few...kinda exciting:lou:

Not to be a dick, but last year at this time. We were 5-6 heading into a game at Detroit where people said if we won, we were in it. Kind of the same with this SF game. Obviously though... the 2014 and 2015 Bears are trending in VERY different directions. Which is what I feel you were more getting at. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with that schedule, is that every single one of those teams (barring Minnesota). Would have been an easy win a month ago.

Now? TB, WSH, DET and SF are playing pretty legit football. TB has gotten better all season and Jameis looks like a good young QB the last month. Detroit caught fire out of nowhere. SF has managed to beat ATL and you could argue "should have" beat AZ, under a Blaine Gabbert led resurgence... of all people. WSH has had a couple very big wins, kicking the shit out of the Giants last week to take the NFCE lead.

Every single one is winnable, Minnesota being the most difficult on the road. Good news is, 3 of 5 are at home. Especially the next two vs SF and WSH. If we can get those we could really pickup some momentum and be right in the middle of things at 7-6, heading into a big game at MIN.

And am I the only guy that looks back on those criminal losses to MIN and DET... thinking what could have been if we didn't hand those away? Jesus.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another problem, which seems to be the Bears favorite pastime.

We started 0-5 in the NFC, and 0-3 in the division. Basically murdering all of our tie breakers before the season even really got going. Not to mention, two of those loses being head to head with two of the wild card teams they are directly competing with, potentially. GB and SEA.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll enjoy the ride either way. PO chances are small small small.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in THIS season... Don't worry about draft picks! Honestly? Why even bother? Just take it as it comes. And if Pace can find what...5 starters in ONE draft... think of what he can do next.

you really consider that 5 of these guys would be starting without the injuries? 5 defacto starters maybe. But, I guess you can sugar coat it as usual.

Its always time to think about the draft, especially when the player some of us want end up being selected one or two picks ahead.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now? TB, WSH, DET and SF are playing pretty legit football.

Id agree with most of that. However, SF's defense has often been compromised by the truly inept offense that has shown up most weeks.

C

cubzzzfanincali

you really consider that 5 of these guys would be starting without the injuries? 5 defacto starters maybe. But, I guess you can sugar coat it as usual.

Is pointing out that we are coming up on Week 13 in the NFL and it is pretty normal by now for teams to be starting a few backups count as sugar coating it as usual?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all have provided a sterling example of how numbers lie and stats are misleading.

On paper, we are the same team as last year at this point, but anyone with a set of functioning eyes and a soul can tell we are NOT the same team.

Weeks 8, 9 and 10 last year, respectively...

8) 51-25 loss at New England
9) BYE
10) 55-14 at Lambeau

In week 7 our amazing Defense made Tannehill look like the second-coming of Joe Montana.

On paper, our O should've been better in 2014 and 2013. They weren't.

Football is a funny game, with an endless supply of variables, none of which are generally factored into the stats.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I was simply referring to your comment about how by this point the last two years we were long since out of the playoff picture by now, which factually speaking was not correct. We were in it all the way through the end of the season in 2013, we simply had to win one of the two last games and could not win either, and even last year at this point we were more or less in the same position as now. Last year, at this point, people were still talking about our playoff hopes, we were not out of anything yet. Of course, the team was about to go on a 5 game losing streak. I personally don't think they are about to repeat that performance, I was simply saying that your comment wasn't really accurate.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Furthermore, I personally think the 2013 team was better than this one. We can argue more about this after the season is over, but up[ to this point, I'd take that one - at least in terms of current performance. Not by much, but by a little. The offense was playing quite a bit better than this one, and the run defenses were similarly awful. This year's secondary is a bit better, and appears to still be getting better. That 2013 team was in a lot of close games, like this year's team, and a lot of games could have gone either way.

I think this team is better built for the future than the 2013 roster, but if I saw both of them playing each other on the field, I would put my money on the '13 squad.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have been a better Offense, as I stated. We had a better roster on paper.

The glaring difference is Cutler's play, particularly times sacked and turnovers.

And FWIW, I don't think many thought the Bears were going anywhere last year, whether they held out hopes for a miracle wildcard spot or not.

This team could do some damage if they got in, IMO.

If they could just get the Special Teams to play better.....Offense and Defense are headed in the right direction. They are well-coached and it shows.

I would not take a Marc Trestman-led team in any game that mattered. Head-to-head, I'd take this year's Fox-led team over 2013's in a heartbeat, even with the roster disadvantage and even taking into consideration the new defensive scheme...1st year in and better than that 2013 squad.

Bears O caught teams off-guard in 2013. 2nd in the NFL. But that D was terrible and that team was poorly coached in all phases IMO.

C

cubzzzfanincali

They were 2nd in the league in offense but poorly coached? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is pointing out that we are coming up on Week 13 in the NFL and it is pretty normal by now for teams to be starting a few backups count as sugar coating it as usual?

of course it does when they would probably not even be active for these games if the real starters were still around.

You want to play glass half full, 5 starters are the best currently available, its much different than saying they out played everyone and are now starters.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 2nd in the league in offense but poorly coached? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Like I said...I think they caught teams off-guard. New coach that had been out of the NFL for some time, coupled with a very talented offense. On paper, arguably the best skill-position core in the NFL. Loaded with talent.

All of which fell to shit the following year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....because the coaches actually fucking sucked.