• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining schedule

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very winnable games. Minny is the toughest game on the schedule and I am not really sold on them.

They havent beaten a good team to this point, so I can see the skepticism. However, the sked is what it is- and so far theyve established they can run the ball and play good defense. That can go a long way.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard B-holic.

Hopefully you get used tous bashing each other.... (we all have different opinions that we tend to agree to disagree here) lol

Its actually a fun group of guys here....
SHUT UP WOOD!! :dhd:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs. SF
vs. WAS
@ MIN
@TB
vs. DET

Like everyone... I can see them competing and winning just about every game... but it wouldn't surprise me if they went 3-2 or even 2-3 the rest of the way...
The the one team that is looking better and better each week is WAS. They can score and Cousins can be very streaky. An identical record and "late season push" they almost mirror the Bears.
If anything it's going to make the rest of season exciting and meaningful. Playoffs are still doubtful based on tiebreakers and NFC record. (as of now) The Bears are Fun to watch again!

(*if they can retain all coaches, next year is for real!)

C

cubzzzfanincali

vs. SF
vs. WAS
@ MIN
@TB
vs. DET

All of these teams are playing pretty well right now, or certainly better than they were (except for MINN, which has been solid all season). The only one that really is close to a "gimme" is this week, but even the 49ers are playing a little better lately.

Obviously anything can and does happen, but if you look at the teams that match up best against us (strong running games and good secondaries), I'd expect it to go like this:

SF W
WAS W
MIN L
TB W
DET L

This would be 8-8.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these teams are playing pretty well right now, or certainly better than they were (except for MINN, which has been solid all season). The only one that really is close to a "gimme" is this week, but even the 49ers are playing a little better lately.

Obviously anything can and does happen, but if you look at the teams that match up best against us (strong running games and good secondaries), I'd expect it to go like this:

SF W
WAS W
MIN L
TB W
DET L

This would be 8-8.

You bring up a good point. Almost all of these teams are playing decent ball right now...certainly trending up. SF played well enough to beat the Cards and Gabbart actually looked ok?

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, he played OK. I wasn't really paying too much attention during the first half, and I haven't gone back and watched that game on the 22, but from watching the second half they didn't play too badly against a good team. I expect the Bears to beat this team, but you never know.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna come down to 1. Can we win the games we should. Former coaching staffs could not. 2. AJ getting healthy.

Bearaholic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to win at home..

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears were to win 4 of 5 to get to 9-7, I think Seattle would be the team most likely to get the wildcard over the Bears. Going to be tough because they're 1 game ahead and have the tiebreaker. We really need to see the Seahawks lose in Minnesota this week to have a decent chance. I think the Vikings will beat them, but if it doesn't happen then the wildcard will be a real longshot for the Bears. Hopefully Sunday will be a big day with Seattle losing and the Bears taking care of business vs the 49ers.

C

cubzzzfanincali

oh my god, I just read these "Bears in the playoffs" scenarios.

Guys, since some f you obviously don't know....let me explain this to you. The Bears have one scaeario in which they g into the playoffs. One. That is to win out. That's because tier two is head to head, and the Bears are at either a disadvantage or at best being 1-1 against any potential rival who also has a 10-6 record.

If we are 9-7, we tie a lot of teams, and hold no obvious tiebreakers.

Since...by the way...we have the worst situation of the next tiebreaker, namely the conference tiereaker. The Bears are currently 2-5, worst among any of the likely teams. Worst.

Dudes, pul your heads out of your asses. The Bears are almost certainly not going to the playoffs.

And thank God. This is not a Super Bowl grade team. While I don'twant them to lose, to stir up false hope is equally stupid.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guys, since some f you obviously don't know....let me explain this to you. The Bears have one scaeario in which they g into the playoffs. One. That is to win out. That's because tier two is head to head, and the Bears are at either a disadvantage or at best being 1-1 against any potential rival who also has a 10-6 record.

Since...by the way...we have the worst situation of the next tiebreaker, namely the conference tiereaker. The Bears are currently 2-5, worst among any of the likely teams. Worst.

Dudes, pul your heads out of your asses. The Bears are almost certainly not going to the playoffs.

And thank God. This is not a Super Bowl grade team. While I don'twant them to lose, to stir up false hope is equally stupid.

The chance is slim, but it's not completely unrealistic to think about gaining 2 games with 5 games to go. 5 is a lot of season left. The Falcons are collapsing. I really don't see them winning more than 8. And when you look at the 5-6 teams, it's not crazy to think that none of them will do better than 3-2 down the stretch. So to me, the Seahawks are the big problem right now. If they go 3-2, the Bears would have to go 5-0. I can see the Bears winning 4 of 5, but not all 5. So we probably need Seattle to go 2-3 down the stretch. I don't think that's too likely, but it's far from impossible. So I think it's realistic to believe that the Bears have a slight chance at the playoffs.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. In addition to the unlikelihood of winning out, they need a bunch of help from the teams ahead of them. The 2-5 conference record is what will hurt them...which is at a minimum 2 more losses than any of teams that are ahead of them. What they have to hope for is a scenario where head to head sweep can be applied...which would mean that the only other teams involved would be Washington and TB. Then, the Bears could be promoted from that tiebreaker. Not realistic, I know...but that pretty much needs to happen. Oh, and GB needs to completely tank, too.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chance is slim, but it's not completely unrealistic to think about gaining 2 games with 5 games to go. 5 is a lot of season left.

ATF- Its not just gaining 2 games- its A) getting to 10 wins and B) hoping the 4 teams in front of them have 9 wins or fewer because a tiebreaker needs to be avoided. A lot needs to happen. GB completely tanking would be a big help.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like the direction of the team, I don't see this team with this talent level (injury induced) winning out the rest of the way.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats all the thread was about, the rest of the schedule. I just brought up playoffs as a way to get to the top 18 picks and how far down you want to pick to finally possibly find that pass rusher as a way of saying I wont be too upset if they dont. With the number of first round injuries this year, we see even a high pick is not an guarantee with Clowney and White.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The Bears are more or less tracking their way towards a mid-round pick. It's always possible that they could tank, but with the defense getting a little better on the back end it is hard to see them losing 4 or 5 of their remaining games. So Pace has to draft well. It is obviously nearly impossible to grade how he did last year yet, so we will just have to see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali where can I find the run def stats broken down by qtrs? I've been looking around but I'm not much of a stat guy.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will continue to hold hope until they are mathematically eliminated.

After the last two seasons being long over by this time.....ima enjoy still having something to root for.

It's not in my DNA to root for losses for draft status.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Cali where can I find the run def stats broken down by qtrs? I've been looking around but I'm not much of a stat guy.

As far as free sites, out of the wild abundance of statistics available through numerous sources, I'm not aware of anywhere that breaks down rush defense by quarter. In fact, the only "by quarter" stat source I know of concerns points, here's a link to the 1st quarter (you can change it accordingly to get the rest of the quarters, and they also have it tallied for overtime and by half):

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opp 1st Quarter Points/Game on TeamRankings.com.

If you find anything, I'd be interested to see that. I would think that some teams (that are usually in the lead) would have 4th quarter run stats distorted higher, and other teams (that are usually losing) would be lower.

To generate the numbers of runs inside the 10 above, I simply looked through the play logs. It would be nice if there was a free website for that. I know that stuff exists on pay sites but I'm not willing to pay for it.