• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular Season

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it is time to cut the cord on Cingrani. The guy can't pitch at the top level.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left Blake Wood off the lis

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Votto batting 192, I keep thinking he will come out of it, but not happing yet. What's he doing different, besides not walking as much

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno ... he looks fooled quite a bit lately. I think once around the league will matter but with Cozart and Phillips hitting, it sure would be nice to have some guys on while Bruce isn't in one of his 40-day slumps.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time we saw Votto look this inept he ended up playing 62 games and hitting .254 for the season. Hopefully it's not the knee flaring up again.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that Price is whining about not having any options in the bullpen. For christ's sake, did the guy have zero input as to his pitching staff? Does he have nothing to say about who is on the staff at all? It's not like he didn't realize that Cingrani, who is lucky to throw 5 strikes out of 8 pitches, was his only lefty.
He also used Gregg last year despite all the metrics, and Jason Marquis. As was pointed out, Hoover's trending was predictable, as was telegraphing pitches by Diaz.
Sorry, but Price is showing to be a very bad manager.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games with the Cubs at home. Starting tonight. I sure would like to win a at least 2. So far the Reds has won 3 series, All at home. It's going to be a tough one to win tonight with Arrieta going for the Cubs. But maybe Finnegan can slow down the Cubs bats. But This is Finnegans 2nd time facing the Cubs. We will learn some things about him tonight. I hope it's good

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else spotting ineptitude in the dugout?

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds were no-hit and lost 16-0, let's take a moment to review some of the positives.

12 hours later.......mmmmm....can't think of any.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It approached the record for a skunk score, so there's that.
Lester pitches tonight so it can't get any worse.
The Cubs gained a half-game on the Cardinals.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a win tonight to restore morale. not only for the team but for me. That game last night was ugly. I was thinking of going down for the game. Thank god I didn't, for so many reasons. The Reds getting beat 16 to nothing, and no hit is not on my bucket list.
A little change of subject.... How many times has Suarez been picked off 1st this year. I know at least twice, but I'm thinking 3 times. Does he have ADD or something.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting picked off is the runner's liability. I'd guess he is deciding if he is a base stealer or not. Phillips got picked the other day too. I have no idea if this is a trend.

What I am seeing is a lack of leadership in the dugout. Off and on, a starter will get lit up, and young guys, it's to be expected. What is happening that is worse is that Price clearly decides very early in the game that he can't compete and somehow is letting these BP arms go out and throw telegraphed 4-seamers to guys who haven't learned how to lose yet. Managing a pitching staff is tough but Price is showing he's inept at the process.

This team isn't even competitive against anybody who isn't a bottom feeder.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melville to the curb. Ramirez to the rescue.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Price keeps defending the guy....I think he might take two Hoovers.

A lot of raucous Cubs' fans in town this weekend. They were still coming through the gates in the mid innings. Driving in after work and catching the last few innings I guess. Most are just having a good time, but a few were making a ass of themselves. They act like they've never won before...... I guess unless they're older than 107 they haven't.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CINCINNATI -- One rehab assignment start in the Minors down, at least two to go for Reds pitcher Homer Bailey as he nears his return from last season's Tommy John surgery.

At Triple-A Louisville on Thursday, Bailey threw 67 pitches over 3 2/3 innings against Indianapolis. He allowed two earned runs on three hits with two walks and six strikeouts.

"Everything went pretty good," Bailey said on Friday. "The velocity was there, and I had pretty good command for the most part. It's nice to be back on the mound."

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quick aside. if you guys get a chance to look at highlights from last night, take a look at jacoby ellesbury's steal of home. a thing of beauty from days of baseball yore.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 1st 2 games with the Cubs were a thing of ugliness. Seems like every thing they do works, and makes the Reds look bad.
As far as the Cubs fans go. I didn't hear them as much last night. Normally they are all gathered behind home plate screaming in the ninth. The one way to stop them is beat them.

Hoover had a look on his face when Price took him out in the ninth like I'm going to have to get a real job now

.I would like to see Barnhart do more catching. Mesoraco doesn't look like the guy of 2014. Not to mention his BA is worse than Hamiltons. I think Barnhart is better all around.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealing home is one if the most exciting plays in baseball, but it's also one of the most high risk. With a two out full count, LHP from the windup not checking a speedy runner..... the odds of success were higher than the odds of a two hit....Go for it.

Tuesday night at GABP the Reds stole five bases in one inning against the Rockies De La Rosa. Hamilton stole 3B and was in a similiar situation. RHB Cozart singles on a two out full count and Hamilton scores, but I thought he could have stole home there. Cozart is having a nice start, but he's a career .143 hitter in that situation. A manager can sit on his hands and hope for outcomes that defy the odds or you can answer when opportunity knocks.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger crowd for a Friday game with more Reds fans in attendance. Thursday seemed more like a Chicago home game due to smaller % of Reds' fans and the no-hit rout. Not much to cheer about in that game if you were wearing Red.

There's a big difference from last year in season tickets renewals. I've been sitting most games in a nearly empty row in a 3B infield box seat. I've been the only common denominator in the proximity.

The fans I'm seeing are different daily and mostly visitor fans. The Cubs' fans weren't the same last night as compared to Thursday. Most likely they were in atrendance, but sitting elsewhere. Had a few loud obnoxious fans last night, but they were just having a good time enjoying themselves not hurting anyone.

It's not unusual to see season ticket holders sale some games on stubhub, but I'm not seeing many familiar faces from the past few seasons.