• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reggie smith is hurt

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows just tweeted that Smith took himself out of practice. Smith doesn't seem terribly optimistic. This is a reason why you don't cheer when players from other teams get hurt.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why we signed depth in M. Williams

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They didn't have practice yesterday, and I'm pretty sure they are not practicing before the sun rises, so what do you mean "Barrows just tweeted"?

*Edit* I see that Maiocco has him listed as injured on the Camp Report on 8/6. Says that Smith, Staley, and Dixon removed themselves from practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone posted it on espn board i probably should of looked it up before i posted it here...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have practice yesterday, and I'm pretty sure they are not practicing before the sun rises, so what do you mean "Barrows just tweeted"?

*Edit* I see that Maiocco has him listed as injured on the Camp Report on 8/6. Says that Smith, Staley, and Dixon removed themselves from practice.

"Injury report: RB Anthony Dixon (left ankle), FS Reggie Smith and LT Joe Staley left practice with injuries. Harbaugh declines to discuss injuries, so no information was available on the severity of the injuries. Dixon and Smith remained on the sideline to watch the remainder of practice.."

Not specific as to the injury, but here's the blurb from that camp report.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are Reggie Smith's last 3 tweets...
Everything happens 4 a reason & I believe it. Just wished it wouldn't have happened right now. But with God on my side I know it will be OK

Appreciate all the support from everybody. I'll be fine twit fam 

Up and ready, time to get busy!!!

Order going from earliest to latest. Make what you want of it, but the last tweet has me feeling optimistic.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are Reggie Smith's last 3 tweets...
Everything happens 4 a reason & I believe it. Just wished it wouldn't have happened right now. But with God on my side I know it will be OK

Appreciate all the support from everybody. I'll be fine twit fam

Up and ready, time to get busy!!!

Order going from earliest to latest. Make what you want of it, but the last tweet has me feeling optimistic.

Very confusing - I suppose stand-by is appropriate.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully the injury's not bad enough for him to hallucinate he's 100%

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm hoping the Goldson signing is unrelated to Reggie's injury, but that may be naive.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco was on the radio and seems to think it is bad and that is why we signed Goldson.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gold and whitner combo is going to cause some WR with head injuries

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it isn't serious, but I get the feeling that it's probably a knee ligament. I wonder if this injury also takes Mays off the trading block?

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
superreg30 Reginald L. Smith II
by MaioccoCSN
About to hit this walk thru

Hopefully he's not hallucinating this all.

I'll say this is not helping May's value very much!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mays value was already in the toilet and it isn't like we were going to get much for him.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I'm not really worried about Mays' value, but the move was surprising to me in that they don't place much confidence into him at all. I think he'll make the team and be a special teamer and depth guy.

Taylor Mays can probably play 1st and 2nd down effectively to take care of RB's and TE's, but his trouble will be on finding a place for him in 3rd down situations.

I was also thinking a big reason for his drop in value is due to his liability in disguising anything. The offense could expose our defense consistently by shifting the TE around.

Does anyone get that impression or is that off? Anyway, I don't mind the Goldson signing for one year because he should finally be motivated now that reality has set in.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith and Goldson have nothing to do with Mays. Mays plays SS and not very well. The person that is affected by this is Madieu Williams.

The big reason for Mays drop in value is our team knows he can't cover shit. Baalke knew it and didn't want to draft him, this was a Mike Singeltary pick.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say they do because if Whitner got hurt, R. Smith is FS and Goldson is SS or vice versa. In fact R. Smith was out of place last year because he was playing SS. when Goldson was FS and Mays got benched.

Last year the FS and SS rolls were interchangeable. Not sure though if that will change this year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mays wasn't playing before or after the signing of Goldson. Mays wasn't going to be on the team for very long imo BEFORE we signed Goldson either. He's being shopped for a reason. I also think Spillman would see the field before Mays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source close to Smith tells Maiocco "surgery"