• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs Inconsistency In the Playoffs - Blatant No Calls

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get all the zebras off thew field.

Call it from the booth in all cases.

The humans have fucked it up too much to be allowed to continue.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the facemask at first because I was marveling at the catch as was Michaels and Collinsworth on the broadcast. It wasn't until about 5 minutes later and a bunch of super slo-mo that the NBC crew actually caught it. Hard for the ref to catch it at full speed. Not to make excuses. They missed it plain and simple. As for the scoring review, even if they see it in slo mo, it is a penalty which is non reviewable by the replay rules as they stand. I don't necessarily agree with that and it goes back to the league really not getting the rule book straight and not using common sense. It should have been offsetting penalties and Seattle likely gets at least 3 points anyway. But it's done. I aint defending it. It just is what it is and I have doubts either of the calls mentioned changing the outcome of those games. The Giants D gave up 38 points, did they not? Take that one TD away and they still aren't in that game.

Wordy as usual.

OPI for sure

Very least replay the down.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see a push off and I replayed that a few times... Maybe you were drunk.

Watch the 44 second mark to the 55 second mark...#18 for Green Bay pushes #25 for New York in the chest, creating a little separation.

Maybe you need glasses?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb is like a skinny ass toothpick out there and people are acting like he made some WWE move that affected the play.

FACT: Rodgers is 3-3 on Hail Mary's in the last calander year. They might as well change the name of the play to "The Rodgers".

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb is like a skinny ass toothpick out there and people are acting like he made some WWE move that affected the play.

FACT: Rodgers is 3-3 on Hail Mary's in the last calander year. They might as well change the name of the play to "The Rodgers".

What the fuck kinda logic is this? He's smaller than everyone else, so it doesn't count? LOL. Cobb's push off certainly affected the play, as it created the separation from the defender necessary to cleanly catch the ball. The defender was clearly moving towards Cobb, until the push off sent him backwards a little.

It's either a penalty or it's not. According to the rules it is, in fact, a penalty. Pretty funny how Packers fans want to cry about the hit on Jordy Nelson being illegal, according to the rule book, but want to gloss over Cobb's push off. Hypocrites!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck kinda logic is this? He's smaller than everyone else, so it doesn't count? LOL. Cobb's push off certainly affected the play, as it created the separation from the defender necessary to cleanly catch the ball. The defender was clearly moving towards Cobb, until the push off sent him backwards a little.

It's either a penalty or it's not. According to the rules it is, in fact, a penalty. Pretty funny how Packers fans want to cry about the hit on Jordy Nelson being illegal, according to the rule book, but want to gloss over Cobb's push off. Hypocrites!
Dude, his arms were never fully extended like you said they were. I'm not denying he made contact with the defender. 95% of Hail Mary plays have a ton of contact. Refs will never throw a flag in that situation.

You don't have a dog in the fight anyway so I don't know why you're so passionate in this situation. You're making a bigger deal out of this than anyone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, his arms were never fully extended like you said they were. I'm not denying he made contact with the defender. 95% of Hail Mary plays have a ton of contact. Refs will never throw a flag in that situation.

You don't have a dog in the fight anyway so I don't know why you're so passionate in this situation. You're making a bigger deal out of this than anyone.

Lost $$$ on the under?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look, I know that you don't know much about football so let me help you out. There are no "degrees" of pushing off. You either do or you don't and Cobb did.. It doesn't matter how big or small you are it only matters what you did.

That being said, the Giants defense sucks and they own this play. Letting any receiver get behind you on a "Hail Mary" play is inexcusable.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I know that you don't know much about football so let me help you out. There are no "degrees" of pushing off. You either do or you don't and Cobb did.. It doesn't matter how big or small you are it only matters what you did.

That being said, the Giants defense sucks and they own this play. Letting any receiver get behind you on a "Hail Mary" play is inexcusable.
Can Brady even throw 40 yards in the air, let alone 60+? :D

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no dog in this fight. Just commenting on the inconsistency of the refs, as is the topic of this thread.

I'm fairly certain Cobb makes a bench press motion and pushes #25 of New York in the chest. You can deny it if you like, but again, I have no dog in this fight, I have no reason to make this shit up. You don't have to agree with me, it is self evident. Have a good evening.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Richardson catch I didn't see the facemask until replay. But what I did see was the defender running into the receiver as the receiver grabs onto the defender pulling him away from the flight of the ball. Offsetting for sure no argument unless you're a total homer.
I'm not blaming either player. I feel the rule needs updating. That ball is under thrown by 2-3 yards. The defender running with his back to the play shouldn't be expected to get out of a receivers way that comes back to get a ball. Otherwise a QB could do this all day throw the ball at the DBs back.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the 44 second mark to the 55 second mark...#18 for Green Bay pushes #25 for New York in the chest, creating a little separation.

Maybe you need glasses?
:bullshit:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your posts are always the weakest. No substance at all. Sad!
Give it a rest dude, you're already losing the argument.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest dude, you're already losing the argument.

Please display where I have lost the argument? You never have anything to add to a discussion. Seriously, I should block you now, because you have nothing of value to offer. Ever.