• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs Inconsistency In the Playoffs - Blatant No Calls

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Looks like it's a busted link, but it's Chris Simms bitching about inconsistency and no calls last weekend. Specifically he makes a point about the blatant no-calls on PI last weekend. All season as a DB, if you even breathe wrong in their direction there's a flag, but now they're out there mauling receivers and nobody bats an eye.

Anybody else feel this way? I like it. I just don't like the inconsistency. They should call the game that way all year. DB's should be allowed to go out and compete for the ball more, but holding on every other play and then flat out abusing WR's like Pittsburgh did to Devante Parker is definitely some shit that wouldn't fly in the regular season, and you can't just change the rules of the game come playoff time.

It's annoying that it had to be brought to my attention by Chris Simms, one of the biggest douche lords out there, but he makes a good point.

*Here's a link through twitter:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the refs even know what's s penalty, what's a facemask, what's a catch etc..anymore. The office has gotten so involved and made the rules so muddy that half the time the refs look like they're waiting to be told what to call from upstairs. We need a new commish to simplify shit. Its just football.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing, just curious, what makes Chris Simms the ultimate douche lord?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing, just curious, what makes Chris Simms the ultimate douche lord?

He played at Texas. I'm a Husker fan. You can read between the lines there. :D

Reactions: TJL

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the refs even know what's s penalty, what's a facemask, what's a catch etc..anymore. The office has gotten so involved and made the rules so muddy that half the time the refs look like they're waiting to be told what to call from upstairs. We need a new commish to simplify shit. Its just football.

Safety of the game is what has made it so complicated.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Seattle or New England will win it all this year. All the other teams play in states that Trump carried.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs do the best they can. They don't have the luxury of super slow mo with 5 viewing angles.

There was some griping about Richardson's facemask on his TD but I can't picture how an NFL ref would ever be looking at that.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs do the best they can. They don't have the luxury of super slow mo with 5 viewing angles.

There was some griping about Richardson's facemask on his TD but I can't picture how an NFL ref would ever be looking at that.

What about offensive PI on the Hail Mary TD? The Green Bay receiver pushed off right in front of a Ref - and no call!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about offensive PI on the Hail Mary TD? The Green Bay receiver pushed off right in front of a Ref - and no call!

Sadly I was at a wedding for that game. But refs miss those calls quite a bit. I do think the league should focus on OPI more than they do.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He barely pushed off. It practically didn't even move the defender. People acting like he mugged the dude are being drama queens.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I was at a wedding for that game. But refs miss those calls quite a bit. I do think the league should focus on OPI more than they do.

That was a huge swing in the game. No way the Ref could have missed it, it happened 5 feet directly in front of his face. Won't go so far as to say it's the reason the Giants lost, but it was a huge factor, and swung the momentum going into half time.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He barely pushed off. It practically didn't even move the defender. People acting like he mugged the dude are being drama queens.

Are you kidding me? Cobb shoved the defender in his chest with both arms, full extension. The defender was clearly pushed back. Watch a replay, though I don't expect a Packers fan to be objective about this...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lions made too many stupid mistakes and missed too many tackles for that facemask to be a difference in the game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're supposed to review every play. Bad call.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions made too many stupid mistakes and missed too many tackles for that facemask to be a difference in the game.

In the end, ya. But that's no excuse. At the time it was a heartbreaker.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Cobb shoved the defender in his chest with both arms, full extension. The defender was clearly pushed back. Watch a replay, though I don't expect a Packers fan to be objective about this...
lets see:suds: