• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins @ Titans Preseason GNT

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Everyone seems to be extremely worried with this first preseason game as if we don't have 3 more to go before opening night. If we look like this after game 3, then yeah, we might have something to talk about. Ok, Orakpo over pursued and Rambo missed an open field tackle against CJ. Some people took bad angles and made some stupid mistakes. It's their first game getting out there against another team having to worry about fatigue while trying to get into 4 quarter football shape.

I'm not saying that because of how they look tonight, I just think our D-line is average, our LBs are average, and our secondary is lousy. Just my opinion and I'd have the same one regardless of how they look tonight. Hope I'm wrong, but I see a #18-#23 ranked D in yardage. Hopefully they can create some turnovers.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all seeing what RG3 brings to our whole team, offense and defense.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that because of how they look tonight, I just think our D-line is average, our LBs are average, and our secondary is lousy. Just my opinion and I'd have the same one regardless of how they look tonight. Hope I'm wrong, but I see a #18-#23 ranked D in yardage. Hopefully they can create some turnovers.

IMO, our defensive line is below average and slow, our LB are above average only because of Rak & Kerrigan. Fletcher is relatively done and Riley is average. Our secondary is a huge concern even with Merriweather coming back from his knee injury, possibly Rambo starting, Hall is garbage and likely Amerson starting. That sums up to a below average defense that can climb to the middle of the pack with turnovers. They need help!

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're saying and in a situation you just described, we could be around that 18-23 but those turnovers and redzone D can help mask that. I personally don't think we'll be that low, but can see growing pains depending on how the starters shake out. I really hope Merriweather can stay healthy since he just seems like a playmaker when he steps on the field. I'm a big Orakpo and Kerrigan fan and believe the front 4 will help them bounce back this year.

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, our defensive line is below average and slow, our LB are above average only because of Rak & Kerrigan. Fletcher is relatively done and Riley is average. Our secondary is a huge concern even with Merriweather coming back from his knee injury, possibly Rambo starting, Hall is garbage and likely Amerson starting. That sums up to a below average defense that can climb to the middle of the pack with turnovers. They need help!

I see something completely different. Our front 3 take up the blockers and allow our LBs to make plays. Granted we don't have a Ngata on the line, but they get the job done. Our secondary was a big question mark last year and they addressed that in the offseason. I'm hoping the young guys stay healthy and get plenty of reps over the next few weeks in preseason. I'm not worried about our front 7, it would be more of the back side.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Orakpo and Kerrigan fan and believe the front 4 will help them bounce back this year.

Same here. I'd like to see more out of Jenkins. Everyone said he looked like the best player in camp two years ago and we've never seen much spectacular out of him. Would love to see him come out of his shell this year.

(You know, when he's back!)

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I'd like to see more out of Jenkins. Everyone said he looked like the best player in camp two years ago and we've never seen much spectacular out of him. Would love to see him come out of his shell this year.

(You know, when he's back!)

Haha...yeah...I remember he was the name that popped a couple years ago but of course the injury bug just had to sneak up. He's another D player that def needs to step up when his number gets called come week 5.

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neild is another guy like Jenkins coming off injury I want to see step up on the DL.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dawson on the return ? :wtf2:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see something completely different. Our front 3 take up the blockers and allow our LBs to make plays. Granted we don't have a Ngata on the line, but they get the job done. Our secondary was a big question mark last year and they addressed that in the offseason. I'm hoping the young guys stay healthy and get plenty of reps over the next few weeks in preseason. I'm not worried about our front 7, it would be more of the back side.

I guess your looking through rose colored glasses. I hope I'm wrong by all means and Rak makes that much of a difference coming back. I just see that if we are counting on Riley & Fletcher to make most of our tackles on the interior defense without getting some help from the rest of the front 7, we are in trouble. Titans got to our perimeter way to easy early on tonight.

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess your looking through rose colored glasses. I hope I'm wrong by all means and Rak makes that much of a difference coming back. I just see that if we are counting on Riley & Fletcher to make most of our tackles on the interior defense without getting some help from the rest of the front 7, we are in trouble. Titans got to our perimeter way to easy early on tonight.

Not rose colored glasses because I think our secondary is a huge question mark, but I like our front 7. Fletch and Riley are our MLB's so they better be leading our team in tackles. If they aren't, IMO, we're in deep trouble.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rose colored glasses because I think our secondary is a huge question mark, but I like our front 7. Fletch and Riley are our MLB's so they better be leading our team in tackles. If they aren't, IMO, we're in deep trouble.

Fair enough...

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Rak. It's also adding depth behind Rak. Having a pass rush, and a rotation, or options to be creative with personnel is definitely going to make a difference with the pass defense. We have a lot of depth at the OLB position this year compared to last.