• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People get a grip . Only 4 have ever done it and let’s be real this off season hasn’t been up to par

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking down the Washington Redskins’ secondary for 2020

we could be pretty solid here if FM plays well on the outside and moreland improves . simeon rice is a WC

at safety i think we are set with good starters and hopefully our depth will be improved .i think over time curl could be helpful
I actually like our CB situation better than safety (even with Collins being our highest rated DB) - though I think Apke might be a player who can step up. I don't think Simeon Thomas makes the team. Both are athletes with questionable instincts. I'm a huge believer in Moreland. Yes, I'll take instincts over athletes.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine a better teacher for AGG. Boldin was one of the smartest and most physical WR's I ever saw. Kind of a shock to see AGG tower over him, because Anquan's no little guy. AGG's listed at 6'4 220, but he looks like he's got the frame to add at least 10 lbs rather easily. Btw, is Boldin trying to play for the Skins or coach?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP john Zook , one of my first football cards i got as a kid

10 cents and a stick of gum

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP john Zook , one of my first football cards i got as a kid

10 cents and a stick of gum

You should have bought your cards when I did because they were only 5 cents with a stick of gum.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have bought your cards when I did because they were only 5 cents with a stick of gum.
Wow, I pictured you being younger. I was a 10 centser. Worst true short story ever: When my grandmother did the spring cleaning one year in the Bronx, she threw out all of my Dad's baseball cards. He was a huge Joe DiMaggio fan - said he had a bunch of his cards. Oh, the pain.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I pictured you being younger. I was a 10 centser. Worst true short story ever: When my grandmother did the spring cleaning one year in the Bronx, she threw out all of my Dad's baseball cards. He was a huge Joe DiMaggio fan - said he had a bunch of his cards. Oh, the pain.
i had the nolan ryan rookie cards ( a bunch of them ) and used them with a close pin and put them and the spokes to have it make noise . talk about pain now :suds:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for picturing me as being younger but the fact of the matter is I'm older than dirt.

This is pain: As a teenager I had accumulated a baseball card collection of over 2,000 cards. I responded to an ad in the newspaper from some guy who was interested in buying baseball cards. I took my entire collection to him to check out and he offered me $200 for my entire collection. Being a teenager who needed money that sounded pretty good to me so I took him up on his offer. One of the cards in my collection was Mickey Mantle's rookie card which I later found out was worth many times more than what the guy paid me for my entire collection. Stupid me!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had the nolan ryan rookie cards ( a bunch of them ) and used them with a close pin and put them and the spokes to have it make noise . talk about pain now :suds:

Oh yes, those cards in the spokes to make noise made us feel like we were flying on a bicycle.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was 4 or 5 when I first started collecting baseball and football cards so very early 60s. I would memorize the guys numbers, height and weight etc and recite it to my Dad. I think my Mom might have helped them disappear some when I was in school and likely at some period I may have decided they weren't cool and gotten rid of some.

I did the cards in the spokes. Not a lot but Oriole and Yankee cards were great for that.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Antonio Gandy-Golden Become a Joker Tight End for the Redskins?

i have heard this talked about before . now we have a staff that might be able to put players where they could best suited

Whatever name you give the position this has been going on forever. The H-back was the same thing. An undersized TE that could run routes, was hard for LBs to cover and could go in motion and seal the edge on running plays.

In today's game of specialization you need to be able to run multiple sets. Two TEs (even 3 if you can); four WRs (Gibson at RB) could be good here. Much like CT was or again back in Gibbs day Little Joe Washington or Kelvin Bryant. It is all the same stuff.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 4 or 5 when I first started collecting baseball and football cards so very early 60s. I would memorize the guys numbers, height and weight etc and recite it to my Dad. I think my Mom might have helped them disappear some when I was in school and likely at some period I may have decided they weren't cool and gotten rid of some.

I did the cards in the spokes. Not a lot but Oriole and Yankee cards were great for that.

Man you got addicted to sports at even an earlier age than I did and I thought I held the world record at 6 years old.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was an Eagles, Phillies, Warriors (Philadelphia) fan. Then my Dad took a job at GPO in Washington and moved us down here just as I was turning 7. A year later Sonny followed me because he missed me. :pound:You may have noticed I am a Penn State and Temple football fan still. My father grew up next door to Temple and I went to church there when I was very young. Any wonder why I like Matt Rhule, Penn State player and former HC of Temple.

Redskin, Capitals and Nats fan now.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was an Eagles, Phillies, Warriors (Philadelphia) fan. Then my Dad took a job at GPO in Washington and moved us down here just as I was turning 7. A year later Sonny followed me because he missed me. :pound:You may have noticed I am a Penn State and Temple football fan still. My father grew up next door to Temple and I went to church there when I was very young. Any wonder why I like Matt Rhule, Penn State player and former HC of Temple.

Very interesting! When I was a kid I was a die hard New York Yankees fan mainly because I loved the Mick and he still remains my all time favorite baseball player. It's amazing how things change in life because today I despise the Yankees. I'm glad Sonny missed you and followed you to the DC area because he will always be my favorite football player.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very interesting! When I was a kid I was a die hard New York Yankees fan mainly because I loved the Mick and he still remains my all time favorite baseball player. It's amazing how things change in life because today I despise the Yankees. I'm glad Sonny missed you and followed you to the DC area because he will always be my favorite football player.

I forgot to comment on Temple and Penn State. I remember some very good Temple basketball teams and one of them came down this way and ended Duke's long consecutive home court winning streak against non ACC opponents. In football, Jo Pa brought his bunch down here to play my Wolfpack when both teams were ranked in the top 10. Penn State won a close game but what I remember most about that Saturday afternoon is how well the Penn State fans traveled. I couldn't even count all of the Penn State buses in the parking lot and they had more fans in the sold out stadium than we did.