• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Game Thread

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kicking the extra point and making it a 12 point game ensures the skins would need 2 TD. missing the conversion and leaving it at 11 would have given the skins a fighting chance to get a TD and conversion. then they could try the onside kick only needing a FG.
Ehhhhhhhh.

Eagles already missed an XP earlier. So they're not gimmies. And getting the two points forces Washington to make at least one XP to tie.

Go for one, Washington ties it with two TDs regardless of the XPs. Force them to make one.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would criticize Doug Pederson for saving your parents' lives.

it's a stupid fucking call. the odds of a team scoring a TD, getting the onside kick and scoring another TD in about 1:30 is basically non-existant. but no matter how small, there are odds a team can get a TD and still have time left for the onside and miracle FG.

just because it's such a mega longshot doesn't excuse an idiotic, yet simple call.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a stupid fucking call. the odds of a team scoring a TD, getting the onside kick and scoring another TD in about 1:30 is basically non-existant. but no matter how small, there are odds a team can get a TD and still have time left for the onside and miracle FG.

just because it's such a mega longshot doesn't excuse an idiotic, yet simple call.
You can score a TD from anywhere on the field.

You need to get to at least midfield to get a field goal.

Miracle TD is far more likely than a miracle field goal.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the 2 point conversion failed and the skins marched down the field to get a TD and converted with like 28 seconds left.. people would want pederson fired for what he did. they'd be an onside kick and simple 1st down away from attempting a tie.

just because it didn't happen doesn't excuse the call.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the 2 point conversion failed and the skins marched down the field to get a TD and converted with like 28 seconds left.. people would want pederson fired for what he did. they'd be an onside kick and simple 1st down away from attempting a tie.

just because it didn't happen doesn't excuse the call.

Did you watch the game? Cousins was made to look pedestrian. I think Pederson's play calling was horrible but the scenario you just suggested against this Eagles front 7 was not going to happen.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won by 13 with a lot not going our way. Try to enjoy.

people kept saying the same thing under kelly, and now pederson. i keep saying these guys are making it a flip of the coin with their shitty calling. who wants to enjoy luck? wait until next week, or the week after when the coin lands on the other side.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game? Cousins was made to look pedestrian. I think Pederson's play calling was horrible but the scenario you just suggested against this Eagles front 7 was not going to happen.

ok. i'm glad you have confidence that someone like mills could keep his hands off pryor or not get burned deep by him. this secondary certainly is great and never fails.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. i'm glad you have confidence that someone like mills could keep his hands off pryor or not get burned deep by him. this secondary certainly is great and never fails.
The scenario you speak here is all the more reason to go for two and not just kick the PAT. If you're only up 12, best you can hope for is that Washington misses both PATs and you go to OT.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not rocket science.

CORRECT CALL: you kick the extra point and go up 29-17. the odds of any team getting 2 TD with about 1:30 left is nearly impossible. no team is even going to put the full effort into it non postseason.

INCORRECT CALL: you go for the 2 point conversion, miss it, and have a 28-17 lead. any team could get a big return, big pass, big flag and score with some time left. the skins driving down and getting a TD with maybe 20 seconds left is VERY possible. then they're just a conversion away from making the game interesting.

and that's the whole point. if you just kick the extra point, it's over. if you miss the converion, there's still a chance. it doesn't matter how microscopic that chance is, it's still a fucking chance. one that should have never been available, yet almost was.

it's just like last year when the fumble prone mathews was given the ball late against the lions and coughed it up. INCORRECT CALL! that chance should have never been available for the lions, but it was. and they took full advantage of it.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people kept saying the same thing under kelly, and now pederson. i keep saying these guys are making it a flip of the coin with their shitty calling. who wants to enjoy luck? wait until next week, or the week after when the coin lands on the other side.
Well you'll have to forgive me. I haven't seen a Eagles game that counted in 9 months.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 years of watching eagles football. I can tell you we execute the sideline pass .01% of the time. Doesn't stop us from trying 5x a game.

:agree:, especially when we can't block worth a darn. Speaking of blocking, if Stoutland is such a guru, how come we stink at blocking?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the hell are they even going for 2??!@! if they didn't convert, the lead is 11. if the skins were to get a quick TD and conversion, they'd be down 3.

mind boggling shit. mind boggling.

Dug explained that Sturgis is hurt. He even had a short kickoff after Cox's TD.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles needed to have a 13 point lead because at a 12 point lead Washington could have scored 4 field goals to tie the game and then they would have only needed a quick TD or another field goal to win it

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have Zach Ertz you need to start him, Hell I'd trade for him. The Redskins safeties once again are suspect.

I see a lot of 3 and outs early from the Skins as they have no running game. Wentz finally has some legit targets and our defense is still a piece of shit. Drafting Jonathan Allen won't fix a horrible defensive line. Eagles jump out 14-0, Skins finally get their shit together but it's too late.

31-27 Bad Guys.

if your damned kicker hadn't blown the extra point my call was pretty close. Gave the Redskins offense too much credit. Nice game guys, my team sucks again as usual.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty close on my prediction. Except that Johnson didn't handle Kerrigan as well as he should have. Hopefully he will rebound this week.

Eagles - 30
Foreskins -20

Birds come out firing, and our D keeps the Skins from doing very much, plus I think Crowder is hurting. Last year in the 2 matches, we didn't have Lane Johnson, so today Kerrigan won't be able to put much pressure on Carson.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we're trying to figure out what was up with Crowder. He was a big reason I didn't think losing the 2 WRs wouldn't kill us. We have no running game and you can't play this game one dimensionally. Tried to tell the guys on the Redskins board that Wentz is for real. They wanted to tell me about how smart we were for taking a guard who got beaten badly on Sunday over a potentially dominant DL in Leonard Williams.