• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Free Agency 2017

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DGF and I are confused. You asked us what we think of the two guys you mentioned and we answered. No harm, no malice we just answered your question. Perhaps if you don't want an answer don't frame your post as a question. :noidea:

To be more specific I would prefer McCoy as a backup as compared to these two guys. I would not consider either as a starter. There is no one available I would prefer as a starter over Cousins.

Give em a break guys, @Skin'EmAll was just getting into the whole spirit of... who might we start if we deal Cousins. I would say he won for possible least desirable starters in a tie here... Until NOW

If we deal Kirk, we should bring in this guy

083113-CFB-AGGIES-JOHNNY-MANZIEL-DC-PI2_20130831161114867_640_480.jpg

If ya going to fuck it up, go big or go home!!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give em a break guys, @Skin'EmAll was just getting into the whole spirit of... who might we start if we deal Cousins. I would say he won for possible least desirable starters in a tie here... Until NOW

If we deal Kirk, we should bring in this guy

083113-CFB-AGGIES-JOHNNY-MANZIEL-DC-PI2_20130831161114867_640_480.jpg

If ya going to fuck it up, go big or go home!!

LOL, yeah DGF and I had a good laugh about Gabbert and co. I'm going to be more careful how I word stuff though...gotta love the off-season.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins: Free Agent Safety Targets For 2017 Offseason

possible safety targets

what order would you go in ?

Given the players up for discussion My choices in appropriate order and commentary AKA ruinnin my mouth.

Eric Berry - is easily the most desired of the group. Can do everything you want from a safety. Maybe the his recent illness is the driving gfiorce behind it. Saying he wants to remain a Chief throughout his career, but will refuse to play on the franchise tag isn't adding up. Especially when considering the Chiefs cap situation.

Tony Jefferson - though I was higher on Jefferson's safety mate, DJ Swearinger, from the write-up. TJ sounds like a sure tackler and that alone would be a HUGE bonus to the Skins (Bigger bonus would be if he could teach others to tackle as well) I'm not sure he's as non-ball-hawkish as the article implies. As last year was his first as a season long starter according to nfl.com Tony Jefferson I love that he went undrafted and he still has a chip on his shoulder. Tony Jefferson has a message for his doubters

Duron Harmon - Given Scotty Mac's history with FAs during his Redskins GM tenure. Harmon might be the guy we end up with. If so, I hope he can ball.

Micah Hyde - His versatility can be good, but it also screams jack of all trades, master of none. The Pack was prone to getting torched or so it seemed last year. I guess the best thing I'd say abouty Hydse is. He's better than anything we presently have.......I think. Again, thinking along the lines of what Scotty Mac has done as a Redskins GM. I woiuld not be surprised if he ends up a Redskin.

DeAnglo Hall - No. Just no. And this is coming from a big fan of DHall's.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the players up for discussion My choices in appropriate order and commentary AKA ruinnin my mouth.

Eric Berry - is easily the most desired of the group. Can do everything you want from a safety. Maybe the his recent illness is the driving gfiorce behind it. Saying he wants to remain a Chief throughout his career, but will refuse to play on the franchise tag isn't adding up. Especially when considering the Chiefs cap situation.

Tony Jefferson - though I was higher on Jefferson's safety mate, DJ Swearinger, from the write-up. TJ sounds like a sure tackler and that alone would be a HUGE bonus to the Skins (Bigger bonus would be if he could teach others to tackle as well) I'm not sure he's as non-ball-hawkish as the article implies. As last year was his first as a season long starter according to nfl.com Tony Jefferson I love that he went undrafted and he still has a chip on his shoulder. Tony Jefferson has a message for his doubters

Duron Harmon - Given Scotty Mac's history with FAs during his Redskins GM tenure. Harmon might be the guy we end up with. If so, I hope he can ball.

Micah Hyde - His versatility can be good, but it also screams jack of all trades, master of none. The Pack was prone to getting torched or so it seemed last year. I guess the best thing I'd say abouty Hydse is. He's better than anything we presently have.......I think. Again, thinking along the lines of what Scotty Mac has done as a Redskins GM. I woiuld not be surprised if he ends up a Redskin.

DeAnglo Hall - No. Just no. And this is coming from a big fan of DHall's.

harmon would be a gamble . we are 0-2 on gamble safeties that were back ups ( johnson /bruton ) i agree with your order and thoughts

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harmon would be a gamble . we are 0-2 on gamble safeties that were back ups ( johnson /bruton ) i agree with your order and thoughts

Agreed, but if memory serves. Johnson and Bruton were strictly career STers. According to nfl.com Harmon has started multiple games, 4 in 2016, 5 in 2015, 3 in 2013 for the Pats. So while he may not be good enough to permanently supplant Chung or McCourty as a starter. He was valuable enough for Belkichick to keep in a next man up capacity which would probably be a noticeable upgrade for the Skins. Or so it would seem. Ultimately I agree with you, it is a gamble.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but if memory serves. Johnson and Bruton were strictly career STers. According to nfl.com Harmon has started multiple games, 4 in 2016, 5 in 2015, 3 in 2013 for the Pats. So while he may not be good enough to permanently supplant Chung or McCourty as a starter. He was valuable enough for Belkichick to keep in a next man up capacity which would probably be a noticeable upgrade for the Skins. Or so it would seem. Ultimately I agree with you, it is a gamble.

yeah , he does have some starting exp

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the superbowl champs have more money in free agencie
then you do all free agents will go through the pats ..Pats have like 60 million in cap space so if you are eric berry do you go to pats or skins point is pats are going to go full retard this offseason brady is 39 maybe 3 years left pats will go full cerato to try to win number 6 before brady is retired book it

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontae Davis anyone? He will be going on my mock off-season/draft thread.
Almost sure he will be the next Sam shields. Once he gets cut, I hope we are considered.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sam shields is getting cut as well

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #Colts released inside linebacker D’Qwell Jackson, a team leader and veteran but someone who was hit with a PED suspension last year

another option maybe ?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, if we get Baker back, steal away Brandon Williams, and land another above average DE --
drafting an ILB makes the most sense, likely it would be cunningham.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, if we get Baker back, steal away Brandon Williams, and land another above average DE --
drafting an ILB makes the most sense, likely it would be cunningham.

I like your thinking a lot. Zach Cunningham is one of my top option at 17. Free agent wise Kawann Short, Williams and few other I wouldn't mind having also. Wouldn't mind having Chandler Jones also but the Cards will make sure he remains with them.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your thinking a lot. Zach Cunningham is one of my top option at 17. Free agent wise Kawann Short, Williams and few other I wouldn't mind having also. Wouldn't mind having Chandler Jones also but the Cards will make sure he remains with them.

I think Zach would thrive with a top notch front 3. Hey, I was thinking about Chandler too but I doubt Arizona lets him leave. The other high risk high reward player I've been throwing around is Sheldon Richardson. He is likely to be trade bait. The Jets are 12million over the cap, and will have to make many cuts. I know we have an extra 4th and I believe an extra 6th. He has an 8mil cap hit this year and could possibly be on our team for a 5&6th.
Might be worth it based on what we've done with our picks after the 4th round.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zach would thrive with a top notch front 3. Hey, I was thinking about Chandler too but I doubt Arizona lets him leave. The other high risk high reward player I've been throwing around is Sheldon Richardson. He is likely to be trade bait. The Jets are 12million over the cap, and will have to make many cuts. I know we have an extra 4th and I believe an extra 6th. He has an 8mil cap hit this year and could possibly be on our team for a 5&6th.
Might be worth it based on what we've done with our picks after the 4th round.

it would be stupid to trade for him if they are releasing him anyway