• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins @ Eagles pregame thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worst thing the Skins can do going into this game is concede that the eagles offense is unstoppable. The moment you accept the fact that you are beaten, you have already lost.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worst thing the Skins can do going into this game is concede that the eagles offense is unstoppable. The moment you accept the fact that you are beaten, you have already lost.

No way the skins are going into this game with that mindset. Sproles, Shady and Ertz are challenges to be sure, but this game is winnable, IMO.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the skins are going into this game with that mindset. Sproles, Shady and Ertz are challenges to be sure, but this game is winnable, IMO.

Cali, I just threw it out there because it seems as if alot of the fan base based on the scoring predictions have basically accepted it as fact that we are incapable of stopping the Eagles. Even the few who predict a win for us have conceded that the eagles will put up no less than 21 points on the low side, and I have seen 31 and 34 points scored by the Eagles as a running theme. Guess I have a little more faith in our defense than that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali, I just threw it out there because it seems as if alot of the fan base based on the scoring predictions have basically accepted it as fact that we are incapable of stopping the Eagles. Even the few who predict a win for us have conceded that the eagles will put up no less than 21 points on the low side, and I have seen 31 and 34 points scored by the Eagles as a running theme. Guess I have a little more faith in our defense than that.

To me, it has less to do with our defense (who still has consistency over more games to prove) and everything to do with respecting the fact that the Eagles have some great players that will get their points.

Their history against us and the 2 games this year they've played show this. Maybe Sunday will map out a different story.

Given tempo and our thin depth at a few positions on D right now, I think it's not a matter of stopping the Eagles O (they will get points) it's a matter of slowing it down as much as possible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it has less to do with our defense (who still has consistency over more games to prove) and everything to do with respecting the fact that the Eagles have some great players that will get their points.

Their history against us and the 2 games this year they've played show this. Maybe Sunday will map out a different story.

Given tempo and our thin depth at a few positions on D right now, I think it's not a matter of stopping the Eagles O (they will get points) it's a matter of slowing it down as much as possible.

Cali, Im thinking like this. You stop (and I do mean stop) Mccoy and sproles, and that offense and by extension the team folds. The defense is pedestrian and the WRs are for the most part average.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali, Im thinking like this. You stop (and I do mean stop) Mccoy and sproles, and that offense and by extension the team folds. The defense is pedestrian and the WRs are for the most part average.

If you are able to STOP the dynamic duo, I agree.:suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of a successful Pass Rush, I'm of the mind that a strong Running Game is the other key to a win Sunday

Redskins ground game success is key against the Eagles - Fanspeak Washington Redskins Blog

Excerpt

The most important reason though for the Redskins to establish a strong ground game is that it's simply the best defense versus the Eagles high powered offense. The Eagles succeed by using their speed and tempo to wear down defenses and exploit inevitable mistakes. Ideally Philadelphia wants to run 70+ plays a game and if they could get that up 85 or more. In that many plays there will definitely be holes in the defense, that the offense will take advantage of. As the plays add up, the defense wears down and those mistakes will become more frequent and more costly. The Eagles do have a quick strike capability, but they really want to wear you down and win that time of possession battle. If TOP is either even or won by the Eagles, that is major advantage for Philadelphia. This is wear the running game needs to step up and carry this team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do whatever Haslett did last year, that was great. :suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do whatever Haslett did last year, that was great. :suds:

LOL

Hopefully not!

Still have nightmares about that stupid opening game...:L

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see tomorrow going one of two ways.

1. The eagles win, national media continues to proclaim how smart and innovative Chip Kelly is.

2. Our Defense shows they are actually good, the Skins win and National media starts proclaiming the redskins as possibly legit.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see tomorrow going one of two ways.

1. The eagles win, national media continues to proclaim how smart and innovative Chip Kelly is.

2. Our Defense shows they are actually good, the Skins win and National media starts proclaiming the redskins as possibly legit.

:agree:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins @ Eagles Enemy Player Profile: Darren Sproles - Hogs Haven

Excerpt

Big plays have absolutely been the Achilles heel for the Redskins defense in the past, and although they have given up a few big plays in 2014, that problem should be gone (sorry Bacarri). However, the Eagles offense thrives on the big play and the Redskins defense has the opportunity to make a statement that the first two games were a result of good defense, not playing bad offenses.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think thats the opposite of what our defense thinks right now. after 10 sacks and a top 5 defense they are probably confident as hell.

well no one on here is playing on sunday so we dont really matter. i think its that the eagles offense looks scary, everyone can admit that but also we are not completely sold on our defense just yet after only playing the texans and jags offenses. but if our defense looks great against the eagles then i for one will be sold on our defense. we will find out a lot about the skins this game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the skins defense should play aggressively like they did vs the jags . i think they will

i am just concerned the d/line wears out in the 2nd half and the pass rush goes the way of the dinosaur

i think we can contain sproles and mccoy with kearse and geathers in there and our Lb corp

if we tackle well we have a shot

shark , so far the skins defense has been better the advertised . they have a much better chance of matching up with the eagles then last season

i am looking forward to eating my off season crow in regards to hazmat

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the skins defense should play aggressively like they did vs the jags . i think they will

i am just concerned the d/line wears out in the 2nd half and the pass rush goes the way of the dinosaur

i think we can contain sproles and mccoy with kearse and geathers in there and our Lb corp

if we tackle well we have a shot

shark , so far the skins defense has been better the advertised . they have a much better chance of matching up with the eagles then last season

i am looking forward to eating my off season crow in regards to hazmat

Dad... I told you if we can stay relatively healthy on Defense i expected a top ten or close to it defense from this unit. And if not for Rambo giving up the big play in back to back weeks, we could be looking at a top ten defense in yards as well as giving up less than points.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad... I told you if we can stay relatively healthy on Defense i expected a top ten or close to it defense from this unit. And if not for Rambo giving up the big play in back to back weeks, we could be looking at a top ten defense in yards as well as giving up less than points.

well the season is young and we havent faced some top qbs or offenses yet so we will see however i am thrilled by what i am seeing

so far so good :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the season is young and we havent faced some top qbs or offenses yet so we will see however i am thrilled by what i am seeing

so far so good :suds:

Good defense dominate sub par Qbs and offenses, and hold their own against good offenses.

So far we have Dominated the Jags, and damn near dominated the texans offense. So if we can hold our own the next 4 weeks, I think we can consider them good.