• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins @ Eagles pregame thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey is the most likely back up. Not nearly as good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is positive

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems the Eagles players all expect Desean to play. He reportedly told Lesean McCoy he would play no matter what. But will he be little more than a decoy, or can he be effective with his shoulder injury?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems the Eagles players all expect Desean to play. He reportedly told Lesean McCoy he would play no matter what. But will he be little more than a decoy, or can he be effective with his shoulder injury?

What's up Iggy?

Hard to say. He really hasn't had much of an impact so far, but he did get royally screwed out of a deep pass that was somehow ruled incomplete. With Cousins we will probably see more of a verticle game provided they can protect but the word is he is not injured badly, it's a matter of pain tolerance so I'd expect to see him paying his usual role

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excerpt

With Kendricks likely out, it appears Emmanuel Acho is the favorite to start in his place. Acho split repetitions with Casey Matthews in practice.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, not good news

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excerpt

The Eagles' test a defense's eyes and they also test their stamina, particularly the line, by making them run and chase on all these screens. It leads to bigger gaps and missed tackles late in the game.

"They just wear you down,"Hatcher said. "The defensive linemen run down the screen and late in the game you don't have no game. So you have to focus.”

The Redskins spent more time working on defending screens in offseason workouts and in training camp, from recognition to pursuit. They've done a solid job the first two games in this area, but Sunday will provide a different challenge. Sproles leads the NFL with 173 yards after the catch, averaging 15.71 yards after each reception; McCoy averages 7.60 yards after the catch with 76 total. By comparison, no Eagles receiver averages more than 3.57 yards after the catch.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up Iggy?

Hard to say. He really hasn't had much of an impact so far, but he did get royally screwed out of a deep pass that was somehow ruled incomplete. With Cousins we will probably see more of a verticle game provided they can protect but the word is he is not injured badly, it's a matter of pain tolerance so I'd expect to see him paying his usual role

Not much, trying to limit my smack talk in here due to the SH rules on this, which seem rather strict.

Does Cousins have as good a deep ball as RGIII? I thought the only real knock on Cousins coming out is that he lacked a big arm.

In any case, I am sure Djack will want to show up big for this game. But it seems like he may just be too hurt and I wonder if he is just a decoy basically.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much, trying to limit my smack talk in here due to the SH rules on this, which seem rather strict.

Does Cousins have as good a deep ball as RGIII? I thought the only real knock on Cousins coming out is that he lacked a big arm.

In any case, I am sure Djack will want to show up big for this game. But it seems like he may just be too hurt and I wonder if he is just a decoy basically.

Decoy is definitely possible. A lot will be determined if he practices tomorrow

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Test: Why Washington needs to pressure Nick Foles, and how it can

Excerpt

Neil Greenberg’s take:
Nick Foles was due to come back down to earth after throwing for 2,891 yards and 27 touchdowns but just two interceptions in thirteen games played in 2013. So far this season, he has completed 58.5 percent of his passes for 653 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. But if Washington is to make him ineffective, they have to keep the pressure on.
Last season, Foles completed 47.5 percent of his passes when under pressure. Over the first two weeks of this season, he is even lower at 33.3 percent. His passer ratings under pressure in those years are 83.1 and 59.0, respectively.

Mark Bullock’s take:
The Eagles are known for their up-tempo, no-huddle offense that is built around LeSean McCoy and the run game. While stopping the run will obviously be a priority for the Redskins, they can’t allow themselves to forget about the Eagles’ passing attack. Philadelphia is perfectly capable of going deep and getting big plays through the air.
Foles has yet to find his rhythm with his deep ball, missing numerous opportunities to take advantage of defensive errors. The nature of the Eagles offense tires out defenses quickly, slowing down the pass rush and giving Foles a clean pocket with which to work from.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros, cons, and X factors?Redskins at Eagles game prediction | Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Excerpt

So what will happen?

Philly is favored by about a touchdown and that seems about right to me. Until the Redskins show that they can stop Chip Kelly’s attack by tackling McCoy and Sproles and getting some takeaways (they only have two so far this year) it’s hard to see them winning a game like this against a quality opponent on the road.

It’s not that the Redskins don’t have a chance. If they can control the ball with Morris and get the play-action passing game going they can score enough to win. But I see McCoy or Sproles being elusive at just the wrong moment for Washington and the Eagles breaking open a tight game with a late score.

Eagles 31, Redskins 20

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't want to get into pissing matches when you are new. So I have been my usual calm, agreeable self who has not had a dispute with a poster yet.

:pound:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean Jackson of Washington Redskins is questionable against former team - ESPN

Excerpt

Jackson said Wednesday that he does not plan on missing this game and even texted former teammate, Eagles running back LeSean McCoy, that he would play.

"He's taken steps in a positive direction," Redskins coach Jay Gruden said.

Minus Reed, the Redskins will again use tight end Niles Paul. In two games, he's caught 12 passes for 185 yards. That matches Paul's total number of catches from the past two seasons.

If the Redskins decide Jackson can't play, rookie Ryan Grant will receive more playing time. He lacks Jackson's speed, but is a savvy route runner.