• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds' Mat Latos has knee surgery, expected to return in 10 days

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well known my opinion of Dusty. Price will be an improvement, IMO, because Dusty set the bar so low.

They say Price is intelligent. Dusty was too, but it in no way equated to baseball IQ, or ability to motivate or place positive urgency on the team. I hope Price excels in all those areas. I'm also optimistic because the coaches Price replaced are THE coaches I would have replaced. He hit the weak links. Shows he's paying attention. It's already an improvement.

In just not sure yet if the Reds have enough talent to beat the Cardinals. They have a great club.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Price was on MLB Network earlier talkin about Latos, he said that he is gettin around like nothin happen. But he is going to say stuff like that. This is also off topic but have you guys heard about Price not being a fan of facial hair? He does not like it and has made it known ny letting players know they atleast have to trim it..

He wants the players to look trim, not like Jayson Werth or Brian Wilson.
I find no flaw in that.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing new about the facial hair policy. Price just included it in his code of conduct speech. I think it speaks to the accountability and professional approach he going to expect from everyone.

The policy has been the same since Marge altered the Bob Howsam policy of no facial hair to accommodate Greg Vaughn in the late 90's. Not sure the Reds need more facial hair, but a Greg Vaughn type wouldn't hurt.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want the beard in the summer.