• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Red Wings and Lightning - Round 1

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellow Wings fans...I have two tickets to tonight's game (sec 224, row 12, seats 10 & 11) at will call. However, due to a change in some plans, I no longer can go. Anyone want them? First to PM me your first and last name and email address and they're yours...no charge. I'll will do the transfer via Ticketmaster.

I really hate to see these go to waste. I got to go to game 4 and it was simultaneously one of the best games I've ever been to and one of the worst (damned prevent D hockey!).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is indeed the last year we get to see The Datsyuk on this side of the ditch remember him well....

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellow Wings fans...I have two tickets to tonight's game (sec 224, row 12, seats 10 & 11) at will call. However, due to a change in some plans, I no longer can go. Anyone want them? First to PM me your first and last name and email address and they're yours...no charge. I'll will do the transfer via Ticketmaster.

I really hate to see these go to waste. I got to go to game 4 and it was simultaneously one of the best games I've ever been to and one of the worst (damned prevent D hockey!).

If I didn't have prior commitments, I'd jump all over this opportunity.

Good man, wings-pens. :suds:

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't have prior commitments, I'd jump all over this opportunity.

Good man, wings-pens. :suds:
yeah, my plans got messed up, but I'd like to see someone get to enjoy the game. too bad you can't make it either. you and Sherbert were actually the first ones I thought of

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like John Cooper has made his complaint to the league office today about the so-called interference infractions made by the Red Wings that "haven't been called". How convenient, John! He goes on to say that the Detroit players are the biggest violators of these infractions. Where have we heard this before? Quinneville and Blysma.
Now, let's reread this statement instead by reading between the lines to see what John is actually getting at here."The refs haven't been giving us the calls on the diving that we (TB) are so good at emoting with exceptional exaggeration - for that matter, we (TB) are the best in the league at whipping our heads back at the slightest contact and, then, dropping to the ice like a large bag of rocks."
Thus, John is now making his complaint at this point in the series in order to get the advantage in calls, so look for the Academy Award to be handed out after tonight's game.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like John Cooper has made his complaint to the league office today about the so-called interference infractions made by the Red Wings that "haven't been called". How convenient, John! He goes on to say that the Detroit players are the biggest violators of these infractions. Where have we heard this before? Quinneville and Blysma.
Now, let's reread this statement instead by reading between the lines to see what John is actually getting at here."The refs haven't been giving us the calls on the diving that we (TB) are so good at emoting with exceptional exaggeration - for that matter, we (TB) are the best in the league at whipping our heads back at the slightest contact and, then, dropping to the ice like a large bag of rocks."
Thus, John is now making his complaint at this point in the series in order to get the advantage in calls, so look for the Academy Award to be handed out after tonight's game.

TB not happy with their already lop-sided advantage in number of power plays this series?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it will be awesome. A TB home crowd seems as likely to generate noise as a TOR crowd.

C'mon TB !

I need this to go 7/8 first round. Oh and just because, f**k you OTT.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Kucherov came back to play in game 6 leads me to believe that the most Kronwall will get is a fine. I'm actually surprised that a hearing is taking place to be quite honest.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to my post above, I'm surprised a hearing is taking place mainly because I don't think Kronwall's hit was any more egregious than other hits I've seen in these playoffs that went unpunished.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Kucherov came back to play in game 6 leads me to believe that the most Kronwall will get is a fine. I'm actually surprised that a hearing is taking place to be quite honest.

I thought that if the old Wheel 'o Justice schedules a hearing, that there at least will be a game suspension? :noidea:

As for the hit. It looks to me that he led with his forearm and targeted Kucherov's head. I think this is pretty cut and dried. He got Kronwalled.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to my post above, I'm surprised a hearing is taking place mainly because I don't think Kronwall's hit was any more egregious than other hits I've seen in these playoffs that went unpunished.
I thought PK's tree chopping was far more dirty than Kronwall's hit.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice now in this series, I've seen Mrazek skate out in front of someone who was going to pass by or through the crease to draw a penalty. This seems really bush league to me. Shouldn't that be interference ON the goaltender, and not goaltender interference? You could see in both instances he deliberately skated to stand right in the path of a passing player to cause a crash.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the hit. It looks to me that he led with his forearm and targeted Kucherov's head. I think this is pretty cut and dried. He got Kronwalled.

Kucherov's head was ducked down to the middle of Kronwall's back at the point of contact and Kronwall's arms were down and tight to his body. After contact Kronwall's arms released from his body for his own stability.

Kucherov skated head first into a Kronwall.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov's head was ducked down to the middle of Kronwall's back at the point of contact and Kronwall's arms were down and tight to his body. After contact Kronwall's arms released from his body for his own stability.

Kucherov skated head first into a Kronwall.

I don't expect you to agree with my opinion. If he was on the team I rooted for, I'd probably look at it differently. Still, Dept. of Player safety, such as it is, deemed it questionable enough to have a hearing on it. That says enough.