• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox put up 17 on Texas & AROD, Braun to go down in PED flames

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"every january" = exactly 1 more time than Joe Montana...

Since 2006? He's made what, 4 conference championships? Number of Qb's that can say the same? 0

I hate this...if you lose in the 1st round? No biggie...lose in the superbowl? And it means you suck.

That's about the dumbest, most back-asswards logic I can think of...almost as dumb as ignoring the 1st half of his career in a conversation specifically comparing career impact...

That's how it works in sports. You're measured by your entire career, not just by segments of it. And Brady's last several seasons in the postseason have hurt him more than helped, would you agree?

And I'm not saying that most QBs wouldn't sign up for his last several seasons, I'm saying in the context of greatest Ever now

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a bridge I won't have to cross, Down. Really don't see the Patriots winning another with Brady.

Not trying to instigate a riot here, just my opinion. The league seems to be getting younger...

The Pats are getting younger as well....

I'd say "on paper" (and yes we all know what that's worth), they have as good of a shot each year as 3 or 4 other teams...

If that holds up for another 3-4 seasons? He has a very good chance to lock up #4...

They'll run away with their division this year again, they'll be hosting a home playoff game again this year...they'll likely be getting a 1st round bye again this year...

So, they have a fair shot of again playing in the AFCCG...in dirts world? This is a tragedy if they don't win it all...

Meanwhile the Giants will makee the playoffs as likely as not...and one could argue they're the 3rd best team in their own craptastic division...

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally cool with that

Since 2006, Brady was anywhere between "ok" and brutally awful in the following postseason games

Ravens 3 times
Jets
Chargers
Giants twice

Not dismissing he had son great ones in that stretch, granted, but that's also a nice sampling of "ugggh"

Great... Now give us the QBs who have never been "ok to bruttally awful" in some post-season games...

I could list you 4 or 5 goddamn fucking attrocious Joe Montana post-season games..

Why don't you knock him back a few pegs?

Talk to me about these 5-10 QBs with the better post-season resumes...

I'll wait..

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can accept that, Dirt. But I think the Tyree play and the 2 huge Welker drops have to be kept in the back of your mind. Maybe those were just the offset to all the luck the Pats had in 2001.

Sure but let's not act as if Brady was special in either game

We could blame Welker for last years Ravens loss also, but Bradys offense also put up zero second half points

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a bridge I won't have to cross, Down. Really don't see the Patriots winning another with Brady.

Not trying to instigate a riot here, just my opinion. The league seems to be getting younger...

Patriots have youth all over the field at virtually ever position.

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their primes:

1) JOE MONTANA
2) JOHN ELWAY
3) JOHNNY UNITIS
4) JIM PLUNKETT
5) TOM BRADY

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how it works in sports. You're measured by your entire career, not just by segments of it. And Brady's last several seasons in the postseason have hurt him more than helped, would you agree?

And I'm not saying that most QBs wouldn't sign up for his last several seasons, I'm saying in the context of greatest Ever now

Name me the better QBs...

You said 5-10...

Name them..

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have youth all over the field at virtually ever position.

Except QB. One of these days he's going to fall off the face of the earth. The end "usually" comes quickly in the NFL.

Of course I admit I root for Black Plague over the Patriots... not trying to hide that fact.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be wise of them to invest one big money deal into a "face of the franchise" option like Headley, or is that not even being considered

Sorta like the Mets with David wright

You self-fornicator.

It's actually known in baseball as "Mattinglying."

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana didn't win a Super Bowl in his last five seasons in the NFL...

Amazing to me how his spot is still secure in Dirt's ladder...

Why doesn't the same logic apply as does to Brady?

Hmmmmmm....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's never winning another one, said it after the first Giants loss

There will always be a defense on the postseason that holds that offense down

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but let's not act as if Brady was special in either game

We could blame Welker for last years Ravens loss also, but Bradys offense also put up zero second half points

I agree 100%. Ravens seem to have his number, for sure. Those games are always grinders. But that Welker drop changed the whole game. It was over right there. Not saying they win if he catches it, but that was the turning point.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana didn't win a Super Bowl in his last five seasons in the NFL...

Amazing to me how his spot is still secure in Dirt's ladder...

Why doesn't the same logic apply as does to Brady?

Hmmmmmm....

Bradys going on 10 and counting