• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox are a dynasty

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Red Sox hadn't had an INCOMPETENT manager last year last night's win might have been their FOURTH
World Championship in 10 years!

Dynasty or not it's been a very enjoyable run. And with Farrell managing it should continue.

GO RED SOX!

Let's see how few folks think like me on the subject at hand. To me, for a team to be a dynasty, it has more to do with just having the team winning X titles in X years. To me, a dynasty team has to have a good 5 player core of players that were on all said winning teams.

As such, IMO, dynasties are likely and by and large a thing of the past.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox have developed a winning culture, as have the Giants and the Cards. Cards and Sox fans are just crazy loyal.

The reasons for the success is clear. I am eager to see more of it. Being the best organization of our times, this century is enough to say.

Sox rivals these days are the Rays and the Cards. Both those teams we will see again in the years ahead.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how few folks think like me on the subject at hand. To me, for a team to be a dynasty, it has more to do with just having the team winning X titles in X years. To me, a dynasty team has to have a good 5 player core of players that were on all said winning teams.

As such, IMO, dynasties are likely and by and large a thing of the past.

Yeah, there's been a bit of turnover in BeanTown since the championship run began. Plus, that 90some loss season seems like and end/start mark.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty? No. Amazing decade? Yes. Dynasty gets thrown around too often. They were in last place last yr and weren't in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drunk-peter-griffin.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty is just a word... If you want to call yourselves a dynasty you are more than welcome to 3 championships out of 10 years gives you the right to call yourself whatever you want... But just know that once you call yourself something you will have to be compared to the others that call themselves that... So the red sox dynasty is one of the worst dynastys in sports history...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'no one believed in us' card was thrown out by Red Sox players when talking about their season. Not a dynasty. Just a really good, balanced team.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 championships in 10 years is a dynasty.

There's only one player that remains from the first team and four from the 2nd. Even the manager and GM are different. Nowhere near a dynasty, but a great thrill for their fans.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team could realistically keep many of the same players anymore on a dynasty. The Patriots had different RB and WR on all of their titles as well as switched out quite a few defenders...

I guess a dynasty would only be a 5 year interval anymore.

Free Agency, what a wonderfull world.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's world of parity, I think 3 titles in 10 years is pretty damned impressive. As much as Cardinal or Giants fans want to pound their (our) chests, the Sox are the toast of the league right now. Both because they are the current BMOC and because they have the longevity to back it up.

As for keeping a core to be considered a dynasty, that is a definition from yesteryear. That does not fit in the current pro-sports world. If an organization is able to reach the summit 3 times in a 10-year span, hats off to you...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They win one world series and are a dynasty? I think not, just two years ago they were awful. What red sox team will show up next year?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 World Series? Have you read the thread? The discussion is based on the fact that they have won 3 in 9. That is pretty damned impressive.

And this is coming from someone who REALLY dislikes the Red Sox and Yankees of the world. Regardless what you think of the teams/fans, you have to acknowledge this accomplishment.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 World Series? Have you read the thread? The discussion is based on the fact that they have won 3 in 9. That is pretty damned impressive.

And this is coming from someone who REALLY dislikes the Red Sox and Yankees of the world. Regardless what you think of the teams/fans, you have to acknowledge this accomplishment.

Has to be the same core to be a dynasty. Boston did not have that. In fact, the only piece from the last two WS teams would be Ortiz. Even the GM and Manager are different. Definitely not a dynasty, at the very least, not in the traditional sense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be the same core to be a dynasty. Boston did not have that. In fact, the only piece from the last two WS teams would be Ortiz. Even the GM and Manager are different. Definitely not a dynasty, at the very least, not in the traditional sense.

Fair enough take.

What is the definition of "Dynasty"?

50% Championship rate over 4+ years? 33% over 6+ years?

25% roster continuity from first to last championship?

Do Championship game/series losses count? The Cards have been pretty dominant over the same period. Would the Bills' run of 4 consecutive Super Bowls count as a dynasty?

Were the Pats in the '00s a Dynasty? Dallas in the '90s? Niners in the '80s? Steelers in the '70s? Packers in the '60s? How about the A's of the late '80s /early '90s? The Braves of the '90s?

Personally, I couldn't care less about the core-roster aspect. It is nice to have this, but it really is not realistic in today's pro-sports environment. The Giants won 2 in 3 and only had one (or two, depending on how you count) starting-8 consistent between the two teams, but the pitching staff was almost identical. If the org is able to reach the pinnacle 3 times in 9 years, it qualifies.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They win one world series and are a dynasty? I think not, just two years ago they were awful. What red sox team will show up next year?

They won 3 in ten years and it might have been with anyone other than "Sobby" Valentine managing them.

Valentine is as complete an IDIOT as I've ever seen managing a team in 40 years of following the game.