• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Man Walking??

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying the choices for head coach were poor decisions and saying it's not an attractive job are two completely different things. Some of those guys were hired from within so not coming with a strong resume. Cowboys are one of the best jobs in the NFL for a HC to take even with Jerry and in some ways because of Jerry and even though there hasn't been any recent success. It's one of the highest profile jobs in sports and they also have a lot of young talent. The idea that Jerry is still intimately involved in everything from "jocks to socks" is inaccurate. He makes the final call on most items but he isn't making the day to day decisions, he's blessing them after someone else makes them

Oh I agree. But the guy picking is the issue. Of course if Jerrah sold the Cowboys to, say, Marc Cuban, they would probably win in the next 5 years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! I hear ya man.

Cooper's routes looked good, he does s great job selling his fakes/faints.

I'm done with this coaching staff, for sure. Don't think I'm ready to write Dak off yet, because his coaches suck. Want to see Dak under different guidance before writing him off.

I think Callahan didn't want to stay in Dallas. Don't think he was fired.

My issue with Dak is how many times we see him throw to a guy that is covered, or double covered even, and then look at the tape and see there is someone else that is WIDE open. The endzone INT last night in the 1st, Cole was wide open. Dak had one guy he was going to and that is it. That's all he does, he can't read through the options to find the open guy. He has one read, one backup/bailout, and if those are covered he forces it or scrambles to try to get his only read open.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Dak is how many times we see him throw to a guy that is covered, or double covered even, and then look at the tape and see there is someone else that is WIDE open. The endzone INT last night in the 1st, Cole was wide open. Dak had one guy he was going to and that is it. That's all he does, he can't read through the options to find the open guy. He has one read, one backup/bailout, and if those are covered he forces it or scrambles to try to get his only read open.

I know things have not been pretty for a while now with Dak, but having saw what he could do in 2016, I'm just not ready to close the book yet. Give Dak a new coaching staff next year, hopefully have Travis Frederick back to sure up the middle, and lets see what he can do after he has had some time to grow with these WRs the rest of this year. McVay turned Goff around in 1 off season, maybe/hopefully Dallas can find someone to do the same for Dak. The guy we have watched the past dozen games plus is nowhere near the QB that we saw the first ~25 games of his career. I think it's worth it to stick out and try and find out if Dak can give that kind of performance again - the Cowboys can win with the rookie season version of Dak.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know things have not been pretty for a while now with Dak, but having saw what he could do in 2016, I'm just not ready to close the book yet. Give Dak a new coaching staff next year, hopefully have Travis Frederick back to sure up the middle, and lets see what he can do after he has had some time to grow with these WRs the rest of this year. McVay turned Goff around in 1 off season, maybe/hopefully Dallas can find someone to do the same for Dak. The guy we have watched the past dozen games plus is nowhere near the QB that we saw the first ~25 games of his career. I think it's worth it to stick out and try and find out if Dak can give that kind of performance again - the Cowboys can win with the rookie season version of Dak.

I hope your right and I have written before that Dak “might” thrive with a new OC and QB coach . Kellen Moore has no business as the QB coach at this point in his career. Moore could turn into a solid q.b coach even a OC someday but him as qb coach was a mistake even thinking about it for his first coaching job.

I don’t think Dak is the guy not even close. A bus driver for a game or 2 yea maybe but not a NFL starter. I hope I’m wrong but I would not extend him any contract at all with starter money.
It’s time to clean house after the season is over and start rebuilding and for me Dak is a bridge for 1 season maybe but I damn sure sign a veteran in the offseason and look for a QB in 2020 at the latest.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. But the guy picking is the issue. Of course if Jerrah sold the Cowboys to, say, Marc Cuban, they would probably win in the next 5 years.

If he sold to cuban, I would burn all my Cowboy memorabilia and forget the pro game forever. cuban is the reason I don't watch any basketball. Any.