• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am loving this class. Started some what slow with a lot of 3 stars but as of late we are landing lots of 4 and 5 star players. IF you guys think this class is good wait until the 2016 class. They are predicting #1-#3 class. If you Win they will come.

The football program will take care of its self if you do that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Kelly better not interview. Don't mess with a good thing Kelly. College football is where u belong. U can become a legend at ND. Look at Lou.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Big Ten coach believes Notre Dame will be in the running for a top 5 class come signing day, hopefully he's right.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we will get to Top 5 this year.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have gone with turd sandwich.

gotta love South Park. Having a top 10 class is good enough for me. We have been developing the talent pretty well. Look at Michigan!! they are getting pretty awesome recruiting classes as well but their player development is piss poor

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta love South Park. Having a top 10 class is good enough for me. We have been developing the talent pretty well. Look at Michigan!! they are getting pretty awesome recruiting classes as well but their player development is piss poor

I agree. I bet top CB J Peppers from last year is regrets picking Mich over ND. Mich might not be good for another 1 or 2.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we will get to Top 5 this year.

That's what a rival big ten coach said in the article. They would be pretty darn close with Jones, Jamabo, and St. Brown. If they added a fourth guy getting to 25 and it was another top prospect they would probably have a top 5 or nearly top 5 class.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I bet top CB J Peppers from last year is regrets picking Mich over ND. Mich might not be good for another 1 or 2.

Well, they just lost another 4 star CB recruit. Things are imploding over there. I honestly believe the only thing that's kept them from pulling the trigger on Hoke is that they are trying to line up Brandon's replacement first. Their message boards are flying with rumors that Peppers is looking to transfer, but when things are going bad, those rumors always fly around. How many times did we have to hear so and so was transferring over the last couple of years, last year it was Bryant.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Henry 2016 5 star QB is giving his verbal commitment next thursday are 4 pm.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Henry 2016 5 star QB is giving his verbal commitment next thursday are 4 pm.

Most likely won't land him now. Rumor going around is Henry is mad at ND for taking a QB. Supposedly they had a deal in place. ND told him they weren't taking a QB in this class.

Keep an eye out on this. We might of just a 5 star QB. He camp said he was all ND before this happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other recruiting Info.

Back up plan at RB. If ND doesn't land Soso or Brossette ND is now going after Dexter Williams as insurance.

Safety and Mich commit is now looking at ND. Tyree Kinnel. Mich having a bad year and knowing the coach is gone a lot of commits are looking at other schools.

ND commit 4 star OL Jerry Tillery has been to LSU 3 times and about to go for a 4th . Wouldn't be shocked if he picks LSU at the end.

Guyton is starting to get a lot of offers now. ND picked him up when he was a 3 star and now he might become a 5 star. Hell he might be the best WR in the country now. He is taking some visits but said he is all Irish. He just wants to enjoy this moment now that he is getting notice. He told Irish not to worry.

The positive on these 2 is all their paper work is set and to erase the long process wouldn't make sense. Most people are still saying both are IRish.

Henry looks like he is going to FSU now.

4 star and #1 TE jones looks like he will be Irish. Plus Wimbush is pushing really hard at teammate 5 star CB Fitzpatrick and he is starting to get excited about ND. Wouldn't shock most if he picks ND now.

St Brown is still up in air. Spots are filling up and he needs to hurry. He is still one of the big targets for ND but if Jones and Fitzpatrick jump on board before he makes a decision he might lost his spot to a 5 star CB and the #1 TE in the country.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other recruiting Info.

Back up plan at RB. If ND doesn't land Soso or Brossette ND is now going after Dexter Williams as insurance.

Safety and Mich commit is now looking at ND. Tyree Kinnel. Mich having a bad year and knowing the coach is gone a lot of commits are looking at other schools.

ND commit 4 star OL Jerry Tillery has been to LSU 3 times and about to go for a 4th . Wouldn't be shocked if he picks LSU at the end.

Guyton is starting to get a lot of offers now. ND picked him up when he was a 3 star and now he might become a 5 star. Hell he might be the best WR in the country now. He is taking some visits but said he is all Irish. He just wants to enjoy this moment now that he is getting notice. He told Irish not to worry.

The positive on these 2 is all their paper work is set and to erase the long process wouldn't make sense. Most people are still saying both are IRish.

Henry looks like he is going to FSU now.

4 star and #1 TE jones looks like he will be Irish. Plus Wimbush is pushing really hard at teammate 5 star CB Fitzpatrick and he is starting to get excited about ND. Wouldn't shock most if he picks ND now.

St Brown is still up in air. Spots are filling up and he needs to hurry. He is still one of the big targets for ND but if Jones and Fitzpatrick jump on board before he makes a decision he might lost his spot to a 5 star CB and the #1 TE in the country.

Honestly if Henry picks FSU (he didn't go to the Notre Dame game by the way) then so be it. FSU are taking two QB's in this class one that is pretty much on par with Wimbush so the road won't be any easier with them than Notre Dame.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it will hurt 2016 class but to be honest I would rather have Wimbush and Fitzpatrick than just Henry. Now sure elite recruits want to play with elite recruits but Henry isn't the only guy Notre Dame are in on at QB in 2016.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely won't land him now. Rumor going around is Henry is mad at ND for taking a QB. Supposedly they had a deal in place. ND told him they weren't taking a QB in this class.

Keep an eye out on this. We might of just a 5 star QB. He camp said he was all ND before this happen.

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this. Kelly's long been on record saying he'd like to take a QB every class. If he really made that promise to Henry, especially because the player is in a different class than him, it would be a first. He may be upset that Wimbush committed, but I sincerely doubt he was told ND wouldn't take a QB in this class to save a roster spot for him in '16.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this. Kelly's long been on record saying he'd like to take a QB every class. If he really made that promise to Henry, especially because the player is in a different class than him, it would be a first. He may be upset that Wimbush committed, but I sincerely doubt he was told ND wouldn't take a QB in this class to save a roster spot for him in '16.

Wimbush did come as a surprise. IF we didn't land him we would of took 0 QBs this class.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimbush did come as a surprise. IF we didn't land him we would of took 0 QBs this class.

Are you saying we didn't have any other targets? They were going after Barnette and in fact were recruiting him until they lost him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the RB that committed to Oklahoma State Jones is visiting Notre Dame I think he is #5 in the country according to ESPN and probably #2 in the state of Texas. I have strong doubts about Soso Jamabo ends up Irish but that is me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the RB that committed to Oklahoma State Jones is visiting Notre Dame I think he is #5 in the country according to ESPN and probably #2 in the state of Texas. I have strong doubts about Soso Jamabo ends up Irish but that is me.

looks like I was on point. He committed to FSU. Sucks to lose a TOP QB in the class of 16 because we took one this year. The good news winbush looks really good.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like I was on point. He committed to FSU. Sucks to lose a TOP QB in the class of 16 because we took one this year. The good news winbush looks really good.

You know what if the kid didn't pick Notre Dame because they took a QB in this class do you really want a player like that, because I don't it shows he just wants things handed to him and that doesn't happen when you are playing on a football field against top teams in the country.