• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe just maybe Van Gorder and Kelly need to evaluate things simplify the defense.

We keep hearing that VanGorder's defense is too complicated. Maybe it's just not that good. His last year in college before ND was a disaster at Auburn (3-9, 0-8 in the SEC) the year after he left, auburn went to the national championship game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep hearing that VanGorder's defense is too complicated. Maybe it's just not that good. His last year in college before ND was a disaster at Auburn (3-9, 0-8 in the SEC) the year after he left, auburn went to the national championship game.

Personally I agree that it likely isn't that good but if it's just so complicated than they need to work on making it so college kids can digest it.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals.com currently has ND ranked as the #8 class for 2016 following the Hayes verbal today.

GO IRISH! Finish strong!

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking to a friend today who is telling me that there is more talk this yr about BK heading to the NFL. Anyone else hearing these rumors? This is a first I am hearing of them.

Great get today, lets hope they can get his shoulders corrected, and I am sure the will.

I would still like to see what Morgan can bring to the table. I thought he played well last yr vs LSU in the bowl game. You could see the growing process from the end of the season to that game. He needed to be on the field more. If he can't call the plays, then find someone else who can and let the kid play. We needed to be more athletic out there. LB play hurt ND this yr.

I still say J.Smith stays....He just does not strike me as the kid who is going to leave early....well, fingers crossed!!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard antything about him going to the NFL. I'm not as confident as you are that Smith is coming back but I hope you are right.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily from a playing perspective, but I'm talking about from a perspective of making the calls for the defense. If this would allow Morgan to make it on the field, it might be a an opportunity to get our best athletes an the field.
who will be the starting MLb's next year?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard antything about him going to the NFL. I'm not as confident as you are that Smith is coming back but I hope you are right.
It was just posted yesterday that he is leaning towards NFL.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any question he's headed to the NFL. I recall when the media was pressing him on it, he gave a very political response to the effect of I'm just focused on finishing the season strong.

No reason to be non-commital unless you are, in fact, non-commital.

I can't say I blame him. He is a rare talent, and the lure of getting a degree now rather than later would be the only thing keeping him here. He is a sure fire first rounder, and as I have said before, he will turn out to be a better LB both at ND and in the pros than Te'o, who won pretty much every award his senior year.

As far as starters go, I think Coney moves up to take Jaylon's position, Morgan should be the front runner for Mike. Josh Barajas is probably his #2 there. I think Martini should play over Onuwalu, although it will probably continue to be a situational position.

BVG needs to free up his LB's and let them play with more instinct. Coaches all say Morgan wants to learn and wants to get better, that he's a film junkie, which are all the right things to say, but he never got on the field, even after getting considerable playing time late last year. I watched him in the spring game and he looked terrible, and I don't know if its regression, lack of reps, or he's not motivated being buried where he was, but it seems criminal that they couldn't work him in over Schmidt at least part of the time. Morgan was at his best last year when he was playing with instinct instead of figuring out where he had to be every play. He may have gone to the wrong spot a few times, but did you notice, he got there in a hurry and with bad intentions? That's how I want the LB's to play. Schmidt usually seemed to know where to go, but was late getting there. I say usually because a lot of times, the inside twists took himself out of the play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety Studstill will make his announcement on Tue at 6pm est time. Today we have 5 star LB Caleb Kelly is at ND this weekend. 5 star OLB has ND as his #2 right now. If we can some how land him this would be a Big get for ND. This move with studstill might get ND in the top 7 class.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of Joe Schmitt. Is he in charge of getting defensive backs into position because he did a shitty job at that? He also did a shitty job of getting himself into position. I have faith that Morgan will be fine since he will be a junior for crying out loud.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of Joe Schmitt. Is he in charge of getting defensive backs into position because he did a shitty job at that? He also did a shitty job of getting himself into position. I have faith that Morgan will be fine since he will be a junior for crying out loud.

The problem for Schmidt wasn't that he didn't know where to be it was that he has lost any athleticism he had after that injury so he just couldn't get there in time to make the play far too often. He also might have had the DB's in the right spot but after the ball is snapped it's on them to make the plays and they struggled a lot this year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he'll get a 6th year I will say it's a shame that happened to him because he was really starting to play well before that injury.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also If I'm Notre Dame I'm calling Pruitt the former FSU and Georgia Defensive Coordinator who is an ace recruiter just saying.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also If I'm Notre Dame I'm calling Pruitt the former FSU and Georgia Defensive Coordinator who is an ace recruiter just saying.
Alabama just hired him

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well that makes sense

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not recruiting, but I just heard that Fuller is reconsidering his decision to stay at ND for next year. Hope he stays, but it makes sense to get an NFL evaluation for the draft.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller is a 2nd to 3rd round pick in my eyes. Too many head shaking drops this year. I think he can be a 1st round pick if cleans up a few things so should stay another year. I'm more or less saying this to tell myself he is staying

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller is a 2nd to 3rd round pick in my eyes. Too many head shaking drops this year. I think he can be a 1st round pick if cleans up a few things so should stay another year. I'm more or less saying this to tell myself he is staying

I agree hopefully the NFL does too and he comes back