• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Receiver problems

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we sign any more WR's or TE before the playoffs? Walker looks to be out for a while and who knows how kwill and ginn will be. Can edwards hold up?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, we are getting hit there recently...

hopefully nothing serious for KW, he was really stepping up too...

maybe both Ginn and KW could rest vs the rams?

(this is when having the bye REALLY helps an injury hit team)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of late to be signing someone, we should have made a move for owens weeks ago

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the back of the room I hear someone softly shouting...Zeig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Zeigler's name would come up and I'm more for guys that may have some knowledge of the system rather than someone completely new to the party, but that's just me. Another guy out there that needs to be looked at is Jason Hill. Didn't he get cut by the Jags? Anyone know why? If we bring folks in to kick the tires, I wonder if he'll get an invite? I realize he was pre-Harbs....but he at least has some history and has been in the league very recently.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I figured Zeigler's name would come up and I'm more for guys that may have some knowledge of the system rather than someone completely new to the party, but that's just me. Another guy out there that needs to be looked at is Jason Hill. Didn't he get cut by the Jags? Anyone know why? If we bring folks in to kick the tires, I wonder if he'll get an invite? I realize he was pre-Harbs....but he at least has some history and has been in the league very recently.

Great point, World Traveler! If Zeig is still somewhat in football shape he might be worth a look if we need to fill a hole. As for Hill, a lack of performance, reliability and a changing of the guard and future strategy is what I read.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have Hastings (Rookie) and Matthews (2 Yrs) on the PS. The "Matthews" last name has done pretty well in the NFL - I would go with him :)

agree, at this late stage of the season, this makes more sense. these two guys know the system and have been practicing with the team. Matthews isn't a rookie so on paper, he looks first up?

why isn't Swain mentioned? he went in and caught a pass the prevous week?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, at this late stage of the season, this makes more sense. these two guys know the system and have been practicing with the team. Matthews isn't a rookie so on paper, he looks first up?

why isn't Swain mentioned? he went in and caught a pass the prevous week?[/QUOTE]

He is already implied since he is on the roster. Without knowing the injuries right now we have Crab, Braylon and Swain healthy. If you can even consider Edwards healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

why isn't Swain mentioned? he went in and caught a pass the prevous week?[/QUOTE]

He is already implied since he is on the roster. Without knowing the injuries right now we have Crab, Braylon and Swain healthy. If you can even consider Edwards healthy.

yeah ok.

not totally against adding a WR from outside, just thinking there isn't much time to absorb the playbook? guess you could add a player and only give him so many plays/adjustments?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with Ginn and Williams both possibly out, who's going to field punts? we need someone who can judge it, catch it, and secure it. no yards is ok next week, just don't turn it over.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok.

not totally against adding a WR from outside, just thinking there isn't much time to absorb the playbook? guess you could add a player and only give him so many plays/adjustments?

I agree. Im sure we can still beat the rams with Crabs, braylon and swain if the saints win today. If they lose then we can rest some guys against the rams and the bye week, i doubt williams and ginn are long term.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's rice doing these days? i bet he's still in playing shape

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. Im sure we can still beat the rams with Crabs, braylon and swain if the saints win today. If they lose then we can rest some guys against the rams and the bye week, i doubt williams and ginn are long term.

Ginn walked off on his own and I thought the tests were negative, if correct, then I would expect him back by playoffs for sure. As for Williams, the way the surrounding players were reacting to his injury on the field left me with the impression that he was out cold.

Too bad he didn't have the presence of mind to just duck - there would be two Seahawks players wondering what day it is instead of Williams.