• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rebuild

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite pass rush ? Have to see that

training staff ? Have got to see that too

better coaching ? Maybe

offense could take steps forward and still suck

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything will hinge on Guice/Love and Haskins. If healthy, our run game should be dominant. If Haskins continues to develop, our offense could be potent.

We will win at least six games this season with a max of 12.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how much you have to spend in FA, the amount of quality draft picks, and how long you can keep a staff/FO together to fulfill the same vision.

Let's say that for you, best case scenario applies, then how long?
In other words, we have been rebuilding for the better part of three decades.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last 30+ years the AVERAGE win total for this team has been 7.3 wins. If this team can muster that total (I'm generously rounding up to 8) then the play-offs are two seasons away. (Counting this one)

That said, I'm not convinced that the fate of this organization gets to be any better than 8-8, give or take a win. Using that metric (8-8) as the top of the line rebuild, the answer to my poll is one year.

Miracles can happen (1969 Mets, 1980 "Miracle on Ice" Olympic hockey) So if that's someone's vision of a rebuild, then we are looking at 3 years minimum 4+ max to get there and sustain that status over 3 or 4 seasons.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, an optimist, the rebuild is over. We finally have a coach that knows what he is doing accompanied by a competent front office.

The team itself is loaded with talent, starting with one of the best DLs ever assembled. Allen, Ionaidis, and PayNe clog and destroy the pocket while our freakish athletes on he ends both get double digit sacks. This makes life easier for the secondary who feast on scared and broken QBs.

Offensively, the run game is dominant with Scherff and Moses returning to form, while a healthy Guice and Love combine for 2500 yards. This allows Haskins an eternity from the pocket and his arm talent gets to shine with McLauren going for over 1000, Harmon progresses to 600 yards, and Sims shows he is the next Tyreek Hill.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree skinsdad, I was swayed by others on a trade down with Miami, but i think Young is the first part of the rebuild.
we aren't the rams or 49ers that in reality already had an above average offense or defense and just needed coaching improvement or 1 or 2 elite additions to get the team into the playoffs.
Can't recall if this season, the additional playoff spot is added, but if so...and we miss the playoffs...oh boyyyyyy

So you're supposedly down for the 3 or 4 year rebuild, but if the xtra playoff spot kicks in next year and the Skins miss out that's a violation?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to ask this earlier:

Rebuild to what end?
1.Respectability?
2.Making the playoffs?
3.Consistently making the playoffs?
4.A SB appearance?
5.A perennial SB contender, meaning more than one SB appearance?

Everyone who supports their team wants #5, but for most that's an exercise in fantasy.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rebuild to what end?
1.Respectability?
2.Making the playoffs?
4.A SB appearance?

Everyone who supports their team wants #5, but for most that's an exercise in fantasy.

SuperBowl is the goal but I would like us to consistently make the playoffs

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're supposedly down for the 3 or 4 year rebuild, but if the xtra playoff spot kicks in next year and the Skins miss out that's a violation?

I felt the rebuild started last year when management "according to Gruden" made a poor decision to draft Haskins at 15.
I don't quite feel we have the roster to make the turn around the Rams and 49ers recently did.
So we are in the process of rebuilding, and i feel the team has 2 years to make significant progress before the glory year fans are DONE. This year if we don't make playoffs(and the extra spot is included) that is a major setback for the owner

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rebuild to what end?
1.Respectability?
2.Making the playoffs?
4.A SB appearance?

Perennial playoff team. That means you have a solid foundation and organization.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick poll... in today's NFL, how long does a rebuild take?
3 years, Year 1 you institute your culture, identify players (who can also help with culture ie; T. Davis) and create an environment that attracts the better FA moving forward. Year 2 you continue to draft the players that FIT what you are building and add select FA pieces that will help with the culture process. Year 3 continues with building through the draft, developing the talent drafted the past 2 drafts and adding that piece or two that will take you over the top. If you are not scratching the surface by year 3, better start looking in the mirror.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything will hinge on Guice/Love and Haskins. If healthy, our run game should be dominant. If Haskins continues to develop, our offense could be potent.

We will win at least six games this season with a max of 12.
Our run game will be dominant how? NO LT, a hole at LG, our RT is a turnstile and no real immediate help on the way. Playmakers? We have 1. QB play, well, he is essentially a rookie after getting jerked around last year to begin the season by a well, jerk. Expectations for 2020, 6 wins max.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run game will be dominant how? NO LT, a hole at LG, our RT is a turnstile and no real immediate help on the way. Playmakers? We have 1. QB play, well, he is essentially a rookie after getting jerked around last year to begin the season by a well, jerk. Expectations for 2020, 6 wins max.

Cornelius Lucas and Wes Martin should really help out

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, please take this post how it was asked. Sty asked me, “Let's say that for you, best case scenario applies, then how long?“. You respond3d to my response, but here is how the questions you posed can be answered.

Dominant run game with a healthy Guice and Love- In week 13 and 14 of last season, before injury, Guice had 171 yards rushing. For the season, he averaged 5.8 YPC. He was dominant. Bryce Love, prior to injury, was projected as a first round pick. As a junior, he was runner up for the Heisman and second in the nation in rushing.

As for the OL, we had no LT last season. Cornelius Lucas will be every bit as good as Penn was, hopefully better. Then there is the draft, where we may actually get he starter at LT. LG will be fine with either Wes. Center you didn’t question. But what you failed to mention was my post being contingent on Scherff and Moses bouncing back, as this was an optimistic post.

As for play-makers, I assume you don’t consider RBs playmakers based on your response. From here, I can only conclude the playmaker you are referring to is Terry McLauren, all rookie selection and in my opinion the best rookie WR in 2019. Steven Sims isn’t a playmaker though? Over the last three games of the season, Sims had 16 catches for 190 yards, and four TDS. Extrapolated over a full season that would give him approximately 80 receptions for nearly 1000 yards, and 20 TDs.

As for Haskins, he showed growth in the worst of circumstances last season. The offense actually started scoring points once he was given the reigns and a little experience. Now he has a coach that is patient historically. He will have the offseason as the leader of this team and be given first team reps throughout, which is huge.

Now, if you want to see my expectation, I put them down...6-12 wins. There are too many variables to give a more confined expectation. So like I said, the post you responded to was best case scenario in response to Sty’s direct question to me. If your best case scenario is 6 wins, I pity you because life must suck to be that eternally sad.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, please take this post how it was asked. Sty asked me, “Let's say that for you, best case scenario applies, then how long?“. You respond3d to my response, but here is how the questions you posed can be answered.

Dominant run game with a healthy Guice and Love- In week 13 and 14 of last season, before injury, Guice had 171 yards rushing. For the season, he averaged 5.8 YPC. He was dominant. Bryce Love, prior to injury, was projected as a first round pick. As a junior, he was runner up for the Heisman and second in the nation in rushing.

As for the OL, we had no LT last season. Cornelius Lucas will be every bit as good as Penn was, hopefully better. Then there is the draft, where we may actually get he starter at LT. LG will be fine with either Wes. Center you didn’t question. But what you failed to mention was my post being contingent on Scherff and Moses bouncing back, as this was an optimistic post.

As for play-makers, I assume you don’t consider RBs playmakers based on your response. From here, I can only conclude the playmaker you are referring to is Terry McLauren, all rookie selection and in my opinion the best rookie WR in 2019. Steven Sims isn’t a playmaker though? Over the last three games of the season, Sims had 16 catches for 190 yards, and four TDS. Extrapolated over a full season that would give him approximately 80 receptions for nearly 1000 yards, and 20 TDs.

As for Haskins, he showed growth in the worst of circumstances last season. The offense actually started scoring points once he was given the reigns and a little experience. Now he has a coach that is patient historically. He will have the offseason as the leader of this team and be given first team reps throughout, which is huge.

Now, if you want to see my expectation, I put them down...6-12 wins. There are too many variables to give a more confined expectation. So like I said, the post you responded to was best case scenario in response to Sty’s direct question to me. If your best case scenario is 6 wins, I pity you because life must suck to be that eternally sad.
If anything your full of optimism which is a good thing. Sticking with 6 games and anything over is icing on the cake for me since I really have no real expectations other than positive growth for our young guys and buying into what Rivera is selling.
So, life is great gk!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last season i thought this team could win 10 games . i was completely off the mark . i dont see this team winning more then 6 games max and an angry fan base will follow it

talk of 8 wins and a playoff birth is simply not what i expect at all . i hope for it , but dont expect it

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, an optimist, the rebuild is over. We finally have a coach that knows what he is doing accompanied by a competent front office.

The team itself is loaded with talent, starting with one of the best DLs ever assembled. Allen, Ionaidis, and PayNe clog and destroy the pocket while our freakish athletes on he ends both get double digit sacks. This makes life easier for the secondary who feast on scared and broken QBs.

Offensively, the run game is dominant with Scherff and Moses returning to form, while a healthy Guice and Love combine for 2500 yards. This allows Haskins an eternity from the pocket and his arm talent gets to shine with McLauren going for over 1000, Harmon progresses to 600 yards, and Sims shows he is the next Tyreek Hill.
:clap: Man, I can only hope this comes to fruition....

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it for a moment guys.. we, longtime posters, have, year in and year out made seasonal predictions with few ever suggesting more than a 10 win season.

I'm certain that most, if not all, of us would welcome consistent 10 plus winning seasons but even that has limitations. I've seen it before with other teams after reaching that level of success, having to face a restless unsatisfied following who wants more wins in the playoffs and SB championships. Coaches have been fired for this sort of consistency, the justification being, failure to get to and win a SB.

Clearly the goalposts move as teams successfully move up the win ladder. Our team is not there yet and it's questionable if it's even a reachable goal here. For the hopeful, I wonder if it's optimism or delusion? Likewise for the skeptics, is it reality or despair? There's significant justification for either perspective from the individual perspective, most of it based upon history which teaches us that as a team, middle of the pack has been our place.