• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rebuild

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins rebuild has started and it’s time to understand it

The NFL is a league of parity. Since 1990, every team in the NFL (except Cleveland) has averaged between 6 to 9 wins. The Redskins check in at 7.39 wins per season over the past 30 years.

A lot of Skins fans don’t understand what a rebuild means. It’s perfectly understandable, we’ve lived through quick-fix scenarios and have developed the same impatience as the team owner. It’s been 20-plus years of big splash free-agent signings, draft day debacles and absolutely no vision for the future.

this fits duke and country to a T , doubt me ? wait till the first mistake the team makes in a game and watch country trash the team

We’ve lived through an era where the goal is finding band-aids to slow down the bleeding, just enough to sneak into the playoffs. They’ve worked tirelessly to produce a mediocre product, never willing to make the sacrifice it takes to develop a true contender.

So when we look at the 2020 free-agent class and its lack of big names, fans get disappointed. You see, we’re programmed to get excited for the wrong reasons. It’s time to reprogram our brains. We are witnessing the beginning stages of a rebuild.

Rebuilds take time, even in the NFL where they can happen quickly, patience is still needed. It doesn’t happen in the first three months. Much like the developmental stages of young children, the beginning stages of an NFL regime are the most important.

Coach Rivera is laying a foundation, he’s bringing in guys that fit his culture. They may not be part of the extended future, but these are guys than can deliver his message. So, don’t worry yourself with free-agent signings this year. The real long term vision for this team begins with the draft. Every great organization builds through the draft.

And understand this is a feeling out period for Rivera, not only with developing his foundation of players but learning to work with Kyle Smith and building relationships with his coaching staff.

what we as fans need to understand is this is what a rebuild looks like . and we have been programmed to think the other mess we have dealt with since the 90's is what rebuilds are . they arent and most take time .

take this link to heart

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL is a league of parity. Since 1990, every team in the NFL (except Cleveland) has averaged between 6 to 9 wins. The Redskins check in at 7.39 wins per season over the past 30 years.

A lot of Skins fans don’t understand what a rebuild means. It’s perfectly understandable, we’ve lived through quick-fix scenarios and have developed the same impatience as the team owner. It’s been 20-plus years of big splash free-agent signings, draft day debacles and absolutely no vision for the future.

this fits duke and country to a T , doubt me ? wait till the first mistake the team makes in a game and watch country trash the team

We’ve lived through an era where the goal is finding band-aids to slow down the bleeding, just enough to sneak into the playoffs. They’ve worked tirelessly to produce a mediocre product, never willing to make the sacrifice it takes to develop a true contender.

So when we look at the 2020 free-agent class and its lack of big names, fans get disappointed. You see, we’re programmed to get excited for the wrong reasons. It’s time to reprogram our brains. We are witnessing the beginning stages of a rebuild.

Rebuilds take time, even in the NFL where they can happen quickly, patience is still needed. It doesn’t happen in the first three months. Much like the developmental stages of young children, the beginning stages of an NFL regime are the most important.

Coach Rivera is laying a foundation, he’s bringing in guys that fit his culture. They may not be part of the extended future, but these are guys than can deliver his message. So, don’t worry yourself with free-agent signings this year. The real long term vision for this team begins with the draft. Every great organization builds through the draft.

And understand this is a feeling out period for Rivera, not only with developing his foundation of players but learning to work with Kyle Smith and building relationships with his coaching staff.

what we as fans need to understand is this is what a rebuild looks like . and we have been programmed to think the other mess we have dealt with since the 90's is what rebuilds are . they arent and most take time .

take this link to heart

I like your post but in this day and age QUICK turnarounds are more common. Just look at the 49ers they were picking 2nd last year also. Now with the expansion of the playoffs more teams will be playoff teams this year with 8-8 records. Can we be one of those teams? Sure. 8 wins is not unrealistic.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Rams. They sucked with Fisher. 2 years later with McVay, they are the talk of the NFC. 2 f'n years!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then they sucked again last season and don’t get me started on what they will be this IF season.
The lay of the land changes every season it seems unless you are the Patriots. We shall see how important each of Tom & Bill were to each other.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your post but in this day and age QUICK turnarounds are more common. Just look at the 49ers they were picking 2nd last year also. Now with the expansion of the playoffs more teams will be playoff teams this year with 8-8 records. Can we be one of those teams? Sure. 8 wins is not unrealistic.
i dont buy that because the 49ers were picking up talent all along

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Rams. They sucked with Fisher. 2 years later with McVay, they are the talk of the NFC. 2 f'n years!
and again look at the talent that was being assembled

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look there is a way to build a perennial contender if you have patience . the rams look to be flash in the pan because they sold their future looking for the final piece .

in the last 20 years this franchise has tried to shortcut themselves to be a flash in the pan winner

this is a young team and with proper handling it can be a long term success but always going for the short cut and bringing up flash in the pan turnarounds is more of the same mind set

how long has kyle shanahan been coaching the 49ers ? isnt he going into year 4 ? his team is coming off a superbowl appearance in year 3 .

what have i said is typical for a program ? first year evaluate, 2nd year assemble the pieces , 3rd year it comes together . now it depends on what talent is here but that is the mindset we should be in

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick poll... in today's NFL, how long does a rebuild take?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick poll... in today's NFL, how long does a rebuild take?

It depends on how much you have to spend in FA, the amount of quality draft picks, and how long you can keep a staff/FO together to fulfill the same vision.

In other words, we have been rebuilding for the better part of three decades.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 -4. Years to be sure

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

take this link to heart

I agree skinsdad, I was swayed by others on a trade down with Miami, but i think Young is the first part of the rebuild.
we aren't the rams or 49ers that in reality already had an above average offense or defense and just needed coaching improvement or 1 or 2 elite additions to get the team into the playoffs.
Can't recall if this season, the additional playoff spot is added, but if so...and we miss the playoffs...oh boyyyyyy

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything less then an 8-8 season would be a disappointment
I agree skinsdad, I was swayed by others on a trade down with Miami, but i think Young is the first part of the rebuild.
we aren't the rams or 49ers that in reality already had an above average offense or defense and just needed coaching improvement or 1 or 2 elite additions to get the team into the playoffs.
Can't recall if this season, the additional playoff spot is added, but if so...and we miss the playoffs...oh boyyyyyy

I dunno I really believe the coaching and training staff have really held this team back the last couple of years

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno I really believe the coaching and training staff have really held this team back the last couple of years

Gruden has expressed his frustration both visibly and verbally with the organizational interference.
He was also described as a fun coach, its possible he lost the respect of management and the players and it showed on the field.
...I agree that anything less than 8-8 would be a disappointment, it would be awful for Synder's pocketbook

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Setting yourself up for failure country

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno elite pass rush
Offense takes a few steps forward
Better Coaching
Training Staff that can keep us from having multiple injuries