• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic HC Options Moving Forward

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tomsula gets the axe at the end of year, who would be a good HC Candidate? One name thrown out there is Hue Jackson. I've always liked Hue Jackson. Would not be my first choice, there are other I like better but realistically I don't see the top candidates willing to come here right now. I think Hue Jackson would take a chance coming here for another HC gig.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we fire Baalke and just bring back Harbaugh? I'm sure he worked that Michigan contract to allow him an easy out for a NFL return.

Adam Gase should be a top candidate again and should have probably been the choice last year. Maybe he brings back Fangio with him which I'm sure the defensive players would love.

Maybe if Green Bay some how misses the playoffs McCarthy would be open to a change of scenario and a bay area return.

We're likely to be high enough in the draft to where either of those guys could hand pick their QB to build up, and both are known as good QB teachers just like like Harbaugh.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we fire Baalke and just bring back Harbaugh? I'm sure he worked that Michigan contract to allow him an easy out for a NFL return.

Adam Gase should be a top candidate again and should have probably been the choice last year. Maybe he brings back Fangio with him which I'm sure the defensive players would love.

Maybe if Green Bay some how misses the playoffs McCarthy would be open to a change of scenario and a bay area return.

We're likely to be high enough in the draft to where either of those guys could hand pick their QB to build up, and both are known as good QB teachers just like like Harbaugh.

Harabugh isn't coming back. Fangio should have been promoted and Gase would have been our OC. Gase could be a coaching candidate but I doubt Fangio can leave Chicago as a DC to work as a DC on another team. Teams generally don't allow that.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The so-called story last year about Gase was that Tomsula was forced upon him should he accept the HC job for SF. Instead, he turned around and left Santa Clara. If that's true....why would he even pick up the phone and talk to Baalke or Jed a second time around? That nonsense would spread around the league so fast, that nobody with any credentials would even consider the job.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The so-called story last year about Gase was that Tomsula was forced upon him should he accept the HC job for SF. Instead, he turned around and left Santa Clara. If that's true....why would he even pick up the phone and talk to Baalke or Jed a second time around? That nonsense would spread around the league so fast, that nobody with any credentials would even consider the job.

Unfortunate because all the 49ers had to do was promote Fangio to HC. Would have kept the defensive staff intact and the team would at least had consistency there. Was reported that Gase was willing to become OC under Fangio. Instead Jed threw it all away for Tomsula.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/commentary/1524-why-49ers-should-fire-jim-tomsula-one-season/

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if Tomsula is fired no reason for coaching prospect to retain him. Regardless of how last year went a head coaching job is a head coaching job. All we have to do is make the best offer. If they fire Tomsula though I wouldn't be surprised to see rumors of someone like Urban Meyer or Nick Saban. I wonder though how our treatment of Harbaugh hurts us in getting another high profile coach any time soon.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This....

All we have to do is make the best offer.

...cancels out this....

I wonder though how our treatment of Harbaugh hurts us in getting another high profile coach any time soon.

There were strong rumours that Harbaugh was offered $2-$3 million more per year (Miami) the year he was hired in SF. The best offer means little if word gets around that the franchise has a bad culture. The choice of Tomsula shot red flags in the air for myself, and I instantly thought this franchise was heading into an era similar to that of the Raiders or Browns.

I was on the fence with a Gase/Fangio partnership when it became a potential regime, but looking at how it unfolded, I'd take that in a heartbeat right now. I'd be surprised if SF can get anyone with a major resume now - I expect more Tomsulas than Harbaughs.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate because all the 49ers had to do was promote Fangio to HC. Would have kept the defensive staff intact and the team would at least had consistency there. Was reported that Gase was willing to become OC under Fangio. Instead Jed threw it all away for Tomsula.

I thought it was the other way around (Gase to be the HC/Fangio staying on as DC). Either way, it certainly couldn't been worse than Tomsula.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the other way around (Gase to be the HC/Fangio staying on as DC). Either way, it certainly couldn't been worse than Tomsula.
The rumor was Gase was offered HC job. But if Fangio was promoted to HC, was reported that Gase would have worked under Fangio as OC. Tomsula offered Gase OC job and Gase opted for Chicago instead.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone work for Baalke and Jed? The way the whole Harbaugh scenario went down was classless. All this "winning with class" BS and amicable parting was nonsense. Throw in Baalke's inability to draft impact players and I think Tomsula will be the coach next year. If he is fired, then Jed is admitting that he made a mistake and he has too much pride to admit his error.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tomsula gets the axe at the end of year, who would be a good HC Candidate? One name thrown out there is Hue Jackson. I've always liked Hue Jackson. Would not be my first choice, there are other I like better but realistically I don't see the top candidates willing to come here right now. I think Hue Jackson would take a chance coming here for another HC gig.
No way in hell a top guy comes here unless we throw him everything(money, Control and power). We know that wont happen. I would like to see bright minded coach come in here and if its a OC type guy hope he brings a good DC in and same for the other way.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a Gase/Vic combo

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a Gase/Vic combo

Let's give some credit when due here. Tomsula beat that Gase/Fangio combo on the road with a backup QB.

Doesnt mean he's winning a Super Bowl but I dont think the Bears are close either.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Tomsula learned a lot this year. I imagine he'll be better next year.